OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 10983 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #109821 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 10:02 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
KYKYLLIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep: 53 (Unique: 42)
First acrylic bend

My first acrylic bend. It seems I spent an eternity over the heat gun at 500F. Water boiled for a few minutes before the tube started to give in, and it was painful to touch. The bend ended up a little flat on top, probably not enough length heated, but looks decent. Overall, I feel good about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191110_231840.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	305562  

KYKYLLIKA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #109822 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 10:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Balsagna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,168
Rep: 65 (Unique: 59)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
Hey! we all have quality standards.

I won't deny, as it seem obvious I have very much dislike for TT I would not get anything of theirs even if was 90% OFF.

They are not innovative company, they live of other companies hard work and still from them e.g. Fractal, Caselabs, Cooler Master and more, pretty much all companies you name it, that's why their products are cheap because they didn't design them to begin with, you want to support that, knock yourself out
Their C-pro fittings are kind of revolutionary. Same with the Tower they have. Also, they were one of the first to introduce the RGB fan settings with the Trio's.

Let's be real. Everyone is just re-inventing the wheel. All of the companies have a lack of ingenuity and they end up just ripping each other all off.
If you have a problem with TT PSU's, well. They're probably not the manufacturer and it's probably the same junk that's in almost 80% of the consumer market because they all get outsourced anyways.

I'm not biased towards any one company. I wouldn't personally pick TT stuff because they aren't of the best quality, not the cheapest, not the most expensive. They're decent across the board.
Why buy any Bitspower fittings when you can pick up Bykski or Barrowch which are essentially just sister companies for example.

TL;DR - nothing wrong with almost any company now-a-days. Pick what aesthetically works for you and fits your budget because honestly, most products are just getting sourced from other companies anymore.

"My PC is a work of art, it shall never be disrespected placed on the floor. If anything it would be placed on a pedestal.
Balsagna is offline  
post #109823 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Perennial Noob
 
jvillaveces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 579
Rep: 21 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
... Let's be real. Everyone is just re-inventing the wheel. All of the companies have a lack of ingenuity and they end up just ripping each other all off.

... Why buy any Bitspower fittings when you can pick up Bykski or Barrowch which are essentially just sister companies for example.

TL;DR - nothing wrong with almost any company now-a-days. Pick what aesthetically works for you and fits your budget because honestly, most products are just getting sourced from other companies anymore.
- AFAIK Bitspower, EK and Watercool, to name just a few, do their own manufacturing
- Neither Bykski nor Barrow are "sister companies" of Bitspower, even if they offer products that look similar at a lower price. As to the quality, you get what you pay for. As for supporting the ripoff artist instead of the creator, we each live by our own set of principles.
- Outsourcing production is not wrong or reproachable. Rebranding/rebadging is legally and morally acceptable because the creator/manufacturer gets compensated. Using other people's intellectual property without paying for it is the hallmark of a scumbag. I refuse to buy TT products because I don't want my money going to pirates, even if their targets have no legal recourse against them.

Esmeralda
(25 items)
Eldorado
(23 items)
Overkill HTPC
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-6850K
Motherboard
RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
GPU
NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)
GPU
NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro M.2
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-1200XP3 PLATINUM
Cooling
EK-FC GeForce GTX FE Copper/Plexi Water Block (For GeForce 1060/1070/1080/1080Ti/TitanX Pascal and Titan Xp) -Nickel/Plexi Change
Cooling
EK-FB ASUS R5-E10 Monoblock RGB Edition
Cooling
Aquacomputer D5 Pump Mechanics USB with Aquabus (x2)
Cooling
EKWB EK-XTOP Revo D5, Plexi (x2)
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller Tube 150
Cooling
Black Ice SR2 420 radiator
Cooling
Alphacool X-flow Nexxxos 420 radiator
Cooling
Noctua SSO2 Bearing Fan NF-A14 iPPC-2000 PWM (x6)
Cooling
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro
Case
HexGear R80 Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Monitor
Asus ROG Swift 24
Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Green)
Mouse
Corsair Sabre RGB 10,000 DPI
CPU
i7 4790k
Motherboard
Asus Z97-Deluxe
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX980 Ti SC ACX2.0
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX980 Ti SC ACX2.0
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Optical Drive
Asus DRW-24B1ST
Power Supply
Corsair AX 1200i
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO nickel-plexi
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center compression fittings (gold)
Cooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT crystal clear
Cooling
EK-FC Titan X - Nickel (x2)
Cooling
Alphacool 140mm
Cooling
Aquaero 6 Pro
Cooling
Alphacool Nexxxos XT45 280 mm
Cooling
Black Ice GTS 280 x 60
Cooling
aquacomputer d5 pump mechanics with usb and aquabus interface (x2)
Cooling
Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top - POM Version
Cooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Pump Mod Top S Model - Acetal
Cooling
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir (true brass version)
Case
Corsair 760T
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Keyboard
Razer Ultimate
CPU
core i5 6500
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING ACX 2.0+
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C13
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO -Series 256GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD 2-Inch MZ-V5P256BW
Optical Drive
Pioneer Electronics Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209)
Power Supply
Seasonic 1050 Watt Gold
Cooling
EK Coolstream SE 240
Cooling
EK Coolstream SE120
Cooling
Swiftech MCP655 PWM
Cooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 Pump Top/Reservoir - Acetal
Cooling
EK-FB ASUS M8G Monoblock - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC Titan X/GTX980 Ti Waterblock - Nickel
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center Hardline Compression Fittings, 1/2" x 5/8"
Cooling
Monsoon PETG Hardline Tube 1/2 x 5/8
Cooling
EK-Vardar F4-120 (2200rpm) High Performance Liquid Cooling Fan
Case
Steiger Dynamics LEET Chassis
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
▲ hide details ▲


jvillaveces is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #109824 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
KYKYLLIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep: 53 (Unique: 42)
Is it normal that it takes me 40 minutes to make a single bend in acrylic?
KYKYLLIKA is offline  
post #109825 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
taowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,201
Rep: 36 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by KYKYLLIKA View Post
Is it normal that it takes me 40 minutes to make a single bend in acrylic?
Take your time, make sure it won't resist the bend, otherwise your bends will be fugly. My first set was all kinds of ugly, my redo a couple of months ago was so much better.

It it takes 40 minutes though, you might try a higher temp on your heatgun.

Took me forever to edit this, but I took a look at your previous post with the pic you took. That picture looks fine. When you bend any material under either heat or stress, the corner will deform a little. You get that slight flatness at the back of the bend, but as long as you don't have bulges at the sides or folds on the inner radius, it is a good bend. Keep doing what you are doing, and seeing the water you use to lubricate the insert boiling is a good indication you are getting close to bending time.

And yeah, I started with acrylic too. Apparently PETG is easier, shame on us, eh?



Last edited by taowulf; 11-11-2019 at 10:16 PM.
taowulf is offline  
post #109826 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Invalid Media
 
J7SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,106
Rep: 40 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by BeeDeeEff View Post
First water cooled build, upgraded from Haswell to Ryzen 7 3800X (may get the 16 core soon).

Heatkiller AM4 cpu block
Radeon VII with Phanteks Glacier Block
Gigabyte X570 Master
Thermaltake P5 Case

I was aiming for low maintenance and quiet running, with decent cooling. EK ZMT for the soft tube, Mayhems XT-1 Nuke in the fluid, extra thic 420mm rad

Full list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sMGGXv (plus or minus some fittings)

That looks like a nice clean and quiet build, what with 140mm fans and extra thick 420mm rad....also nice that you didn't go overboard with RGB fans and strips everywhere. Btw, I really like the TT Core P5 for aesthetic as well as air-flow reasons, not too mention more flexibility for customization. I have had my Core P5 for about a year, with zero problems.
J7SC is offline  
post #109827 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
KYKYLLIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep: 53 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by taowulf View Post
Take your time, make sure it won't resist the bend, otherwise your bends will be fugly. My first set was all kinds of ugly, my redo a couple of months ago was so much better.

It it takes 40 minutes though, you might try a higher temp on your heatgun.

Took me forever to edit this, but I took a look at your previous post with the pic you took. That picture looks fine. When you bend any material under either heat or stress, the corner will deform a little. You get that slight flatness at the back of the bend, but as long as you don't have bulges at the sides or folds on the inner radius, it is a good bend. Keep doing what you are doing, and seeing the water you use to lubricate the insert boiling is a good indication you are getting close to bending time.

And yeah, I started with acrylic too. Apparently PETG is easier, shame on us, eh?


Thanks, I'll keep on it. I decided specifically against PETG because acrylic has more clarity. I guess it's also tougher working with.
KYKYLLIKA is offline  
post #109828 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 12:27 AM
I Am Gooble Gobble
 
PCSarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Big Gig In The Sky
Posts: 6,601
Rep: 253 (Unique: 229)
ill just toss this up

Hey guys, i havent been around in a while. busy life the last few months, figured id throw up an updated picture of my sig rig. its come a long way since i was last on.

Bear in mind this is an ITX build, i did it as cleanly as possible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20191101_003544.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	306100  



Like Some Dirty Pleb
Clockwork Orange
(16 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600 @4.4GHZ 1.32V [EK Supreme HF Copper/Plexi]
Motherboard
ASUS B450-I ROG STRIX
GPU
RX 5700XT [ EK Vector RGB Nickel/Acetal]
RAM
GSKILL TRIDENT Z 32GB @ 3200MHZ 17-17-17-38 1T @ 1.35V
Hard Drive
INTEL 600P 256GB M.2 [OS]
Hard Drive
Cruicial MX500 1TB [Games]
Hard Drive
Seagate Firecuda Compute 2TB [Media]
Power Supply
Corsair RM850i
Cooling
Custom Watercooling Loop
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
Monitor
SAMSUNG 49 Inch 4K HDR TV
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Wireless (Ice Blue Special Edition)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 2013
Mousepad
Steekseries QCK+
Audio
Astro A40 TR (With Mixamp Pro)
▲ hide details ▲



Last edited by PCSarge; 11-14-2019 at 12:36 AM.
PCSarge is offline  
post #109829 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
nycgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,927
Rep: 98 (Unique: 70)
Quote: Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
Their C-pro fittings are kind of revolutionary. Same with the Tower they have. Also, they were one of the first to introduce the RGB fan settings with the Trio's.

Let's be real. Everyone is just re-inventing the wheel. All of the companies have a lack of ingenuity and they end up just ripping each other all off.
If you have a problem with TT PSU's, well. They're probably not the manufacturer and it's probably the same junk that's in almost 80% of the consumer market because they all get outsourced anyways.

I'm not biased towards any one company. I wouldn't personally pick TT stuff because they aren't of the best quality, not the cheapest, not the most expensive. They're decent across the board.
Why buy any Bitspower fittings when you can pick up Bykski or Barrowch which are essentially just sister companies for example.

TL;DR - nothing wrong with almost any company now-a-days. Pick what aesthetically works for you and fits your budget because honestly, most products are just getting sourced from other companies anymore.
Barrow, bitspower, byksi are not related to each other. In terms of quality there are differences between the 3. I have over 200 fittings at least from each. Bitspower fittings have the best quality and finish out of the 3. Barrow is very close in terms of weight and feel, but the finish quality and attention to detail is not at bitspower levels with fittings. In terms of blocks it's not even close. Bykski fittings will feel the cheapest out of all of these, and bykski often uses aluminum parts where it can, for example the collars of the byski fittings are often alumninum. BP fittings have a premium, but you do get what you pay for. In China Barrow fittings are much cheaper than they are here, and BP fittings cost more in China than they do here by a little bit. While the Barrow and BP rotaries are very close in quality if you look at the tube fittings and other types of fittings the difference is very obvious.
nycgtr is offline  
post #109830 of 109860 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Invalid Media
 
J7SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,106
Rep: 40 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post
Barrow, bitspower, byksi are not related to each other. In terms of quality there are differences between the 3. I have over 200 fittings at least from each. Bitspower fittings have the best quality and finish out of the 3. Barrow is very close in terms of weight and feel, but the finish quality and attention to detail is not at bitspower levels with fittings. In terms of blocks it's not even close. Bykski fittings will feel the cheapest out of all of these, and bykski often uses aluminum parts where it can, for example the collars of the byski fittings are often alumninum. BP fittings have a premium, but you do get what you pay for. In China Barrow fittings are much cheaper than they are here, and BP fittings cost more in China than they do here by a little bit. While the Barrow and BP rotaries are very close in quality if you look at the tube fittings and other types of fittings the difference is very obvious.

Where do you place Koolance in this comparison, regarding quality ? I find their QDs are far better than Swiftech (the only other QDs I have) and two CPU blocks from Koolance I use have been very reliable (including their finish).
J7SC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
MedievalTwin
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off