OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 4807 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

post #48061 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM
WeAreMad! (yup, I'm back)

Rep: 905 (Unique: 620)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

For those with EK waterblocks (If you have a RIVE, better) or those with knowledge about it, I'm going to get these blocks for my Rampage IV Extreme off a friend (Pic from his rig):

And I was wondering if they'll match the height of my EK Supreme HF Plexi (CPU Waterblock) so that I could use 90º adapter/fittings and do straight lines between them. Do you guys think that will be possible? Or these blocks combined with my CPU block will be uneven? Not sure if I explained my self properly. tongue.gif

I've you're using 19/12 or 16/10mm tube, you can easily bend a nice curve thumb.gif

"Rock Bottom Became The Solid Foundation On Which I Rebuilt My Life" J.K Rowling
Mont Blanc 2.0
(9 items)
CPU
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.5
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1
RAM
G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) 2400
Power Supply
EVGA 1300G2
Cooling
Corsair H105
Case
Thermaltake View 71 (diy Snow Edition)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Keyboard
Razor Deathstalker Chroma
Mouse
Razor Deathadder Chroma Elite
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48062 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 334 (Unique: 210)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

I've you're using 19/12 or 16/10mm tube, you can easily bend a nice curve thumb.gif

It will be 16/11mm tubing, the thing is I want to use 90º angled adapter/fittings to keep straight lines, you think it'll be possible? tongue.gif

I don't want to do curves around the board like the picture I actually posted from my friend, I want all to be 90º angled adapters to make it as straight as possible.

The "NoMoreUpgradesUntilXmasPC" Build Log

GPU's: HD5850 > HD5970 > 2x HD6970 > 2x GTX580 > 3x GTX580 >
> 2x GTX680 > 2x HD7970 > R9 290X > 2x R9 290 > GTX970 > 2x R9 290X >
> GTX980Ti > 2x GTX980Ti > 2x GTX1080 > 2x GTX 1080 Ti

post #48063 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 42)
Thinking of making waterblocks, using my mill and/or CNC, but I want to know what you guys look for in blocks, both aesthetically, and functionally?

Quote:
If you can't run, you walk. If you can't walk, you crawl. If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you.
~Malcolm Reyonlds~
Quote:
Ignorance is the prison that the people are kept it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48064 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 184 (Unique: 140)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briddell View Post

Thinking of making waterblocks, using my mill and/or CNC, but I want to know what you guys look for in blocks, both aesthetically, and functionally?

Aesthetically, make them non-chunky. I don't really know how to explain it but the EK board block for the OC Force is absolutely gorgeous. It is all the same height and just looks good. Also, a mixture of materials like POM and copper and you could design them so that if someone wanted an acrylic top, it would easy on your end to make one.

Jeffinslaw
post #48065 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 52)
Functionality wise it depends on what you're cooling certain waterblocks have specific channels and fin arrangements to ensure that the water cools the necessary areas of the product.

Quotes and stuff (Click to show)
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost
Quote:
Now it's been 10,000 years, Man has cried a billion tears,
For what, he never knew. Now man's reign is through.
But through eternal night, The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away, Maybe it's only yesterday.
post #48066 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffinslaw View Post

Aesthetically, make them non-chunky. I don't really know how to explain it but the EK board block for the OC Force is absolutely gorgeous. It is all the same height and just looks good. Also, a mixture of materials like POM and copper and you could design them so that if someone wanted an acrylic top, it would easy on your end to make one.

Jeffinslaw

That OC Force block is a complete ripoff of Mips! I love their style, will probably try to mirror it with my own little twist.

Quote:
If you can't run, you walk. If you can't walk, you crawl. If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you.
~Malcolm Reyonlds~
Quote:

post #48067 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 78 (Unique: 71)
Quote:

Good luck, its a small market.

Clean looks are very popular now it seems. Square edges and flat surfaces are king. The EK block is not a rip off of the MIPS, where on earth did you get that conclusion from?

post #48068 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 110 (Unique: 83)
Quote:

Clean is important. As someone mentioned, variety of materials is nice. Also, make sure the inlets/outlets are in good places and can fit even the larger compression fittings.

Try to find a signature that sets your design apart from the other guys. Example:

Koolance: All shiny silver finishes
EK: Acrylic tops
XSPC: Black top over acrylic, lit up by LED

Obviously there are many others, but those are the ones that came to mind immediately
post #48069 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphon View Post

Clean is important. As someone mentioned, variety of materials is nice. Also, make sure the inlets/outlets are in good places and can fit even the larger compression fittings.

Try to find a signature that sets your design apart from the other guys. Example:

Koolance: All shiny silver finishes
EK: Clean and acrylic tops
XSPC: Black top over acrylic, lit up by LED

Obviously there are many others, but those are the ones that came to mind immediately

I was thinking raw copper tops, with both a shiny and brushed style top, probably coated in a thin clear coat to prevent damage to the copper itself.

Quote:
~Malcolm Reyonlds~
Quote:

post #48070 of 109595 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Water Water Everywhere...

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Hey all!! Would you folks mind taking a look at these temps and telling me what you think? Here's the deal... I am moving part by part, as many of us do with our first water loops, into a full custom loop. Currently, I am using this H220, the original res/rad, an add-on 120, and more importantly, two EK 670 DCUII blocks and the EK CSQ bridge (all in my rig in the sig below).

Also, can you more experienced WC'ers out there tell me what I might expect from a fully custom loop with a snugly fit 250mm res, I don't know what pump I should use, and if it's worth looking at the Phobia 400 rad for the front since it's already modded a bit, and should I not have a rad at the top or the back for airflow??

Here are the temps I am getting now. The load is BF3 for 1 hour over 5760 x 1080. Not the most stable game in the world for overclockers... mad.gif

Here is the rig for easy visual reference again:

Now:

Before water, but the front situation is the same.

3820 @ 4.3
16GB @ 2133
SSD - OS only
SSD R0 - for games only
3TB HDD - Storage and games I dont want to re-download from Steam
670 4GB SLI @ +120 Core +200 Mem +100 CV +122 PL

So the goal of the rig is GAMING... almost exclusively outside of a few days a month I use it for a larger project for the screen real estate.

Thanks for your help!! Let me know if something doesn't make sense...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in