OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 9846 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

post #98451 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 35)
Hey people.

I recently changed my desk but for some reason my case doesn't fit quiet well (my desk is now lower and so it's killing my back after prolonged time.
The case was on the floor before but I wanted to change my desk anyway (was a bit old) and while I was at it I decided to place my case on it... after all: why do we make nice builds to have them stand onder the desk, right?

Anyway. I've decided to change my case lol.
Some of you might know, I have my top radiator and pump on the outside of the case because of space limitations.

Because of the radiator, and pump, sticking out at the top I can't have my desk higher than it is now. There is a plank above it that restricts that....
So I want to buy a case that actually fits the parts so it is lowered slightly. Still higher compared to my 650D but lower when compared to the current height. biggrin.gif

I've done some research and narrowed down my choice. Although other idea's/tips are very much welcome.
Would you guys/girls be so kind to have a look at my post here:
clicky

thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #98452 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 09:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eucalyptus View Post

Hey biggrin.gif I don't remember if I had already posted this video I made a few weeks ago rolleyes.gif

But it's such an relaxing video to watch, and if you turn up the sound you can probably hear the beards singing and water flow biggrin.gifthumb.gifspecool.gif

It's a pre-sample of my new project coming up in a few weeks. Just wanted to try and see how it worked smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Your last one was truly nice so it'll be fun to see the next one smile.gif

Yeah I also love when I hear "beards" singing wink.gif

- Bulldogge Builds -
Done projects: Got milk? - Amphibious
In progress: Salvage
post #98453 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 09:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 52)
Hey guys, so, I've got a question. My load temperatures when gaming are pretty toasty. And I think that my CPU actually runs warmer on water than it did on air. My CPU during games with my loop can reach up to like 65C when it's warm in my room, but usually is around 55-60C.

The GPU runs around 50C tops, in extreme cases 55-60C but never more. Yet my motherboard in games is only around 45-50C, and my drives are both usually under 40C by a few degrees. I've gone back and forth between having my fans as intake (which seems like the worse set up, as it blows the hot air directly onto the motherboard/CPU socket) and as they currently are, which is exhaust. My issue is, I don't really have any other space for additional cooling, given my computers small size. Last I checked the thermal paste was spread evenly and properly. And ideas what I can do? I've even considered removing my HDD, and trying to move the pump somewhere else, and placing the radiator directly under the GPU. Issue is with that, it'd be suffocated for air and I'd need to use 15mm thick fans. Also, I wouldn't have a way to directly feed my pump from the reservoir. I might be better off upgrading to a slightly larger case like the Phanteks Evolv ITX or Define Nano S, is most likely what I'd need to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #98454 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 93 (Unique: 73)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post

Hey guys, so, I've got a question. My load temperatures when gaming are pretty toasty. And I think that my CPU actually runs warmer on water than it did on air. My CPU during games with my loop can reach up to like 65C when it's warm in my room, but usually is around 55-60C.

The GPU runs around 50C tops, in extreme cases 55-60C but never more. Yet my motherboard in games is only around 45-50C, and my drives are both usually under 40C by a few degrees. I've gone back and forth between having my fans as intake (which seems like the worse set up, as it blows the hot air directly onto the motherboard/CPU socket) and as they currently are, which is exhaust. My issue is, I don't really have any other space for additional cooling, given my computers small size. Last I checked the thermal paste was spread evenly and properly. And ideas what I can do? I've even considered removing my HDD, and trying to move the pump somewhere else, and placing the radiator directly under the GPU. Issue is with that, it'd be suffocated for air and I'd need to use 15mm thick fans. Also, I wouldn't have a way to directly feed my pump from the reservoir. I might be better off upgrading to a slightly larger case like the Phanteks Evolv ITX or Define Nano S, is most likely what I'd need to do.

Fans blowing air from the radiator onto parts won't heat them excessively, what CPU is it? is your flow correct through the CPU block? Can you show me your setup and I can advise better?
post #98455 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Old to Overclock.net

Rep: 217 (Unique: 153)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

Hey people.

I recently changed my desk but for some reason my case doesn't fit quiet well (my desk is now lower and so it's killing my back after prolonged time.
The case was on the floor before but I wanted to change my desk anyway (was a bit old) and while I was at it I decided to place my case on it... after all: why do we make nice builds to have them stand onder the desk, right?

Anyway. I've decided to change my case lol.
Some of you might know, I have my top radiator and pump on the outside of the case because of space limitations.

Because of the radiator, and pump, sticking out at the top I can't have my desk higher than it is now. There is a plank above it that restricts that....
So I want to buy a case that actually fits the parts so it is lowered slightly. Still higher compared to my 650D but lower when compared to the current height. biggrin.gif

I've done some research and narrowed down my choice. Although other idea's/tips are very much welcome.
Would you guys/girls be so kind to have a look at my post here:
clicky

thumb.gif
As you mentioned the S8 in your post at the Phanteks Club, I'm going to say that you should go with the S8.
If it's really beyond your budget, I understand. But it's worth every cent, no mass-market cases can compare to CaseLabs level of quality and engineering.

That would take care of your rad and pump, with room to spare.cheers.gif

CaseLabs S8 Build: S8 White w/Pedestal ~ i7 5775C Broadwell ~ ASUS Maximus VII Hero ~ Titan Xp SLI ~ GSkill Ripjaws X 2133 16GB ~ EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 ~ Acer Predator XB271HU ~ Ducky Shine 2 MX Brown w/Yellow Backlighting ~ Mucho WC parts waiting for the loop rebuild/upgrade......

post #98456 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

Fans blowing air from the radiator onto parts won't heat them excessively, what CPU is it? is your flow correct through the CPU block? Can you show me your setup and I can advise better?
Yeah, my flow is correct. But it's the smallness of the case. As it's set up right now, it goes Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Radiator -> Reservoir.

post #98457 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

As you mentioned the S8 in your post at the Phanteks Club, I'm going to say that you should go with the S8.
If it's really beyond your budget, I understand. But it's worth every cent, no mass-market cases can compare to CaseLabs level of quality and engineering.

That would take care of your rad and pump, with room to spare.cheers.gif

Yeah I agree that they are very nice, even though I haven't seen one in person I'd imagine that I will be sold when I do.
But to be honest, the Enthoo Primo is already a bit high on price for my budget currently. And the S8 will be about double that.

Anyway.
What I am looking for is some experience on the two mentioned Phanteks cases. My biggest concern is the size of my gpu not allowing the pump/top combo to be mounted on the reservoir mount.

Made two sketches:

Quote:

Yeah, my flow is correct. But it's the smallness of the case. As it's set up right now, it goes Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Radiator -> Reservoir.

Oh boy.
I read your previous post/original question and I imagined you had a small case but this is extreme. Haha

Are you using a single radiator?
Honestly I don't understand why you even went water with such a small cube.
post #98458 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 93 (Unique: 73)
Quote:

Yeah, my flow is correct. But it's the smallness of the case. As it's set up right now, it goes Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Radiator -> Reservoir. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You only have one radiator for 2 components? Are they overclocked? is that an x99 build?
post #98459 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 57)
Quote:

You only have one radiator for 2 components? Are they overclocked? is that an x99 build?

He's running an X99E-ITX/AC in an Ncase M1. Probably a 5820k, although I've been wrong before.

@Sazexa the single 240 shouldn't really be a problem as radiator efficiency goes up dramatically with more thermal load. I do think you may need to adjust your expectations, though. 55-65C is completely reasonable for a build this small with so little room to dissipate heat. I'm not exactly sure what you're worried about though, as those are completely normal and safe operating temperatures.

Quote:
"Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
"What I've done so far is pour alcohol on things - it helps people, so I figured it would be the same for keyboards."

Clubs (Click to show)
Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=101432
post #98460 of 109716 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

Are you using a single radiator?
Honestly I don't understand why you even went water with such a small cube.
Before hand, the GPU would be at almost 85C. Plus I wanted the challenge of going to a watercooled build in such a confined space.
Quote:

Yeah, and it works pretty well. They aren't overclocked, but it's an i7-5820K and a GTX 980 on a single EK SE 240 (240mm x 26mm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timerwin63 View Post

He's running an X99E-ITX/AC in an Ncase M1. Probably a 5820k, although I've been wrong before.

@Sazexa the single 240 shouldn't really be a problem as radiator efficiency goes up dramatically with more thermal load. I do think you may need to adjust your expectations, though. 55-65C is completely reasonable for a build this small with so little room to dissipate heat. I'm not exactly sure what you're worried about though, as those are completely normal and safe operating temperatures.
I think you're right, I just need to adjust expectations. I know they're acceptable. I'm just slightly worried about the temperatures of a Samsung 950 Pro. I'm considering getting one, but worried it'll thermal throttle. I'd like to remove the HDD from the system, use the 950 Pro as my primary/boot drive, and then maybe a few high capacity SSD's, to really make it speedy over-all. The SSD's don't throw off much heat, but the HDD does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in