[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1991 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club

post #19901 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Holy, this is a sick thread - exactly what I've been looking for!

Does anyone have any experience with an Antec 900 case with scythe gentle typhoons x2 in a push-pull (exhaust) config?

I'm currently running Antec 900 with below stats
- 2 120mm front intake fans
- 1 120mm side intake fan
- 1 200mm top exhaust fan
- 2 120mm push-pull fans for my H60

Idle temps of my i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz at 1.31 Vcore are at 32-40C with max load temps under 65C

I've been reading a lot of posts and everyone has been stating their builds achieving 20-28C idle with max loads under 58C.

My main question would be: If I changed them to push-pull intake, would the 200mm top fan be sufficient enough to draw all the hot air out? (ie 4 intakes and 1 top exhaust)

EDIT: I've just noticed my mobo sensor states my CPU is sitting at 26C, should I believe this or should I continue to read from Core Temp and HWMonitor?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19902 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
How are the H50's holding up on SandyBridge? I've had my i7 950 under it, but have a i7 2700K coming in, and don't know if the H50 will still be well enough to cool it efficiently, or if I should start looking at a cooler a little stronger.
post #19903 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 96)
well i had a thermalright ulta 120 with a yate loon med. fan worked great on my rig. i decided to try the h60 i have the side case open with the fan blowing into the case im getting the same temps. i think your better off not using a corsair h series there more money, parts that can go bad, leaks and noisier. i really think with the sb cpu there so much cooler then the older cpu like the 775 quads that a good air cooler is all you need. btw my temps where 59-65-63-62 case temp was 21

HERE I IS biggrin.gif my top cpu's

E5200 3.6GHZ********** E8600 4.4GHZ ***********Q9650 4.3GHZ
E7200 3.8GHZ********** E8400 4.2GHZ ***********Q9550 4.25GHZ

headphone setup- schitt bifrost dac - Hifiman EF5 tube amp - Hifiman HE-4 orthodynamic headphones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19904 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Well, I already have the H50. I actually did have a TRUE Black before that, with push\pull Yate Loons. But it just takes up so much space. I'm very anal about the way things look inside my computer case. Much more than I should be. Unless it's a huge, glaring difference, I'll pick form over function.
post #19905 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
New owner of an H80. I am very impressed with my purchase. Had it for a few weeks and actually went over my expectations. Went from 3.814 Ghz at 58C load 45C idle on my Phenom II BE965 and now with H80 I am currently at 4.163 Ghz with 48C load and 34C idle (IBT, Prime95 and FAH stable). Now I have to ask how safe is it to add voltage to my BE965 with H80 as my liquid cooler. My Phenom II seems to like voltage but I have googled and have not been able to find safe voltage standards for H series and Phenom II's. What do you recommend?

P.S. even with success I have had with my H80 the funny story is that the second day after installing it I bought a new case and was transferring my hardware over to the new case and left all of it open in my room with my cat and left for about 5 minutes. Came back to find a leak. after careful examination I found teeth marks in one of my hoses. I don't think I can replace my H80 due to pet disobedience so I did the redneck fix and went around it with electrical tape. I didn't think it was going to work but after a while I stopped the minor link and have seen no evidence of it since. Three weeks later and everything seems to be working fine. No more sign of leaks. I know this was impratical and I am taking a big risk here but will this solution work until I upgrade to an H100 or is there a better solution I can make until then.

post #19906 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valtopps View Post

well i had a thermalright ulta 120 with a yate loon med. fan worked great on my rig. i decided to try the h60 i have the side case open with the fan blowing into the case im getting the same temps. i think your better off not using a corsair h series there more money, parts that can go bad, leaks and noisier. i really think with the sb cpu there so much cooler then the older cpu like the 775 quads that a good air cooler is all you need. btw my temps where 59-65-63-62 case temp was 21

Actually very few people have experienced leaks with the Corsair H series coolers, and any leaks that have caused damage have been taken care of by Corsair including replacing any damaged hardware. The H series coolers have a 5 year warranty which should tell you something.

Also, I just moved from a socket 775 Core 2 quad to an i5 2500K and I can tell you that the i5 runs WAY hotter than the Core 2 quad ever did (of course it's also running way faster).

I have three hydro coolers here and they all do an excellent job. Of course, considering this is the Hydro club I bet there's hundreds of people here who can tell you how great these coolers are. I don't think they would be so popular if they were as bad as you claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post

How are the H50's holding up on SandyBridge? I've had my i7 950 under it, but have a i7 2700K coming in, and don't know if the H50 will still be well enough to cool it efficiently, or if I should start looking at a cooler a little stronger.

Your H50 should work fine. Just look at the stock coolers, obviously the H50 kicks them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2yneth View Post

Holy, this is a sick thread - exactly what I've been looking for!

Does anyone have any experience with an Antec 900 case with scythe gentle typhoons x2 in a push-pull (exhaust) config?

I'm currently running Antec 900 with below stats
- 2 120mm front intake fans
- 1 120mm side intake fan
- 1 200mm top exhaust fan
- 2 120mm push-pull fans for my H60

Idle temps of my i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz at 1.31 Vcore are at 32-40C with max load temps under 65C

I've been reading a lot of posts and everyone has been stating their builds achieving 20-28C idle with max loads under 58C.

My main question would be: If I changed them to push-pull intake, would the 200mm top fan be sufficient enough to draw all the hot air out? (ie 4 intakes and 1 top exhaust)

EDIT: I've just noticed my mobo sensor states my CPU is sitting at 26C, should I believe this or should I continue to read from Core Temp and HWMonitor?

My i5 2500K idles at 28c to 34c when it's idle clock is 1600. When under full load using Intel Burn Test (which beats the crap out of the CPU way more than Prime95) and clocked up to 4500 it's running at 73c after a half hour.

While playing Skyrim or BF3 it never goes over 60c. Note I'm not using the stock H100 fans, but a couple of Scythe SS 1900 RPM PWM fans which are not as good.

I think your system is working fine. I would recommend Speed Fan and CPUz for monitoring.

@aas88keyz

Hey. First let me say I admire your willingness to take responsibility for the leak in your H80. Not many people would do that these days, and most would try to argue with the manufacture or retail outlet to try and get them to replace it. You should email [email protected] and tell him your story. I know they have never included cat-proofing their coolers but since you're being honest about it maybe they would consider giving you a discount on a new one if you shipped your current damaged unit back to Corsair? Couldn't hurt to ask.

Personally, there's no way I would leave a water cooler in my computer knowing there was a leak covered with electrical tape. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. As for upgrading, the H100 and H80 are only one or two degrees c apart from each other. The H80 is an excellent cooler. I usually recommend people pick whichever cooler fits and looks best in their case since their performance is so similar.

Good luck with the leak. Maybe a bit of silicon glue might fix that leak permanently. Or even a dab of epoxy? Actually, after thinking about it, if I was in your position, I would consider cutting the hoses off and replacing them with something else. If you look around you can find mods people have done to the H50 to replace the hoses and refill the cooler. I don't think the H80 would be any different. Since the warranty is likely done now anyway, I don't think you have anything to lose. I would still talk to Corsair about it first though. Perhaps they might have a better suggestion.

post #19907 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 170 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

As for upgrading, the H100 and H80 are only one or two degrees c apart from each other. The H80 is an excellent cooler. I usually recommend people pick whichever cooler fits and looks best in their case since their performance is so similar.

H100 / ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 / HAF 922 ... works with very minor modifications!

I would also ad in the recommendation above, to consider the noise/performance ratio. That was the deciding factor for me to go with the H100 over the H80 and it's only $10 more, they perform almost the same but on high loads/settings my buddies H80 is considerably louder than my H100.

See THIS review thumb.gif

My biggest concern was if the H100 would fit in my case without considerable modding. I searched high and low for information on the above combination. No joy anywhere frown.gif The ASRock E4/G3 has fairly tall heatsinks! With the H100 in hand, I intially didn't think it would clear the uppermost heatsink and still be able to use the 120mm fan hole alignment on top? :O It did clear by 3/16ths of an inch smile.gif (see pic). I did have to extend (dremmel) 2 of the mounting holes about a 1/4" to have 6 total mounting screws (not 8) and its plenty secure! These are fairly common/popular components and I thought someone may find this useful! smile.gif

I've owned many heatsinks over the years including the epic Noctua D-14, and I'm more than pleased with the H100's performance so far, and what a plus being able to easily get to my ram with no effort at all. Against Corsairs recomendations of an "Intake" configuration, I installed it in an "exhaust" config (physics!), a "bastardized" push/pull config using my old CM200mm fan to "pull" mounted externally on top of the case. It works so well that on the H100's lowest setting, the highest load temp I saw was 55c after a couple hours of P95, running @ 4.6ghz in a, granted, very cool 60F room! The H100 "High" setting seemed to only make a 4-5c difference because I think it needs higher loads/temps to really kick in? Hopefully that will change today when I actually turn the Ambient heat up tongue.gif

post #19908 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 10)
can any 1 help i have the H70 with gental typhoons 1800rpm on and my temp are great 26c idle but today i desided to mod my case and had to move 1 case fan from were it was (typhoon1800) but i was thinking off adding this too my H70 as extra fan but wood it better as a extra push or pull or wood it just be makin lass room to work for no reason hope that makes sence lol thx thumb.gif

sniper.gif:The Official CM Storm Scout Club:sniper.gif
sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif
post #19909 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

@aas88keyz
Hey. First let me say I admire your willingness to take responsibility for the leak in your H80. Not many people would do that these days, and most would try to argue with the manufacture or retail outlet to try and get them to replace it. You should email [email protected] and tell him your story. I know they have never included cat-proofing their coolers but since you're being honest about it maybe they would consider giving you a discount on a new one if you shipped your current damaged unit back to Corsair? Couldn't hurt to ask.
Personally, there's no way I would leave a water cooler in my computer knowing there was a leak covered with electrical tape. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. As for upgrading, the H100 and H80 are only one or two degrees c apart from each other. The H80 is an excellent cooler. I usually recommend people pick whichever cooler fits and looks best in their case since their performance is so similar.
Good luck with the leak. Maybe a bit of silicon glue might fix that leak permanently. Or even a dab of epoxy? Actually, after thinking about it, if I was in your position, I would consider cutting the hoses off and replacing them with something else. If you look around you can find mods people have done to the H50 to replace the hoses and refill the cooler. I don't think the H80 would be any different. Since the warranty is likely done now anyway, I don't think you have anything to lose. I would still talk to Corsair about it first though. Perhaps they might have a better suggestion.

Thank you for your response Mergatroid. I will send an email to yellowbeard as soon as I can though I don't know if there is much he can do. Like you said, couldn't hurt to ask. IDK if my new case, CM 960 II Advanced, would allow me the room to do it but if I can get the H100 in push/pull would it still be only a couple C's difference. I have read so far in other threads that in order to push/pull an H100 I would have to put the top fans on top of my case and take the top off. I don't really want to do that so I am going to do more research to be sure, if it all fits inside and the C's make a big difference in push/pull I would pay the few extra dollars for the H100 and add the H80 fans in the configuration. I will do some of that research in modifying my H80 and refitting new hoses but I was never comfortable making my own liquid cooling kit. I always felt it was something I would get wrong and get definite leaks in my case. One of the reasons I went with closed loop. Though I understand if I stuck with the H80 with my taped fix it just as well could do the same damage.

IDK if this is the right thread but I feel this question is directly related to the H series coolers. How safe is it to add voltage to my BE965 with H80 as my liquid cooler. Or any AMD processor for that matter. I have read mixed opinions on this but I am currently at 46C load and stable folding among other things and they advise the temp max on a BE965 should be 62C. My Vcore is currently at 1.600V and they suggest air cooling should stop at 1.550V. If I have so much room in temps with H80 as my water cooler do i have that much room left on my Vcore? Anyone?

post #19910 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm here lol

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
i wanna get the h100 maybe

CM-HAF-932//AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz Turbo)
Corsair-H50//GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming K5 MB//EVGA GTX-1080(8GB GDDR5)
256GB SSD//8TBHDD(x2)//G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
1000 Watt Corsair PSU//55"TCL-4KHDR-TV//42" Vizio 1080P-TV
Windows 10-(X64)//XBOX 1X-1TB(I)+4TB(E)//PS4 PRO-1TB(I)-1TB(E)
Galaxy-S8+//XBox360-PC-Controller//Logitech K800-KB//Razer Deathadder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in