[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1992 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club

post #19911 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Looks like this would be a good thread to ask in. I'm wondering if it's worth swapping my ultra 120 true black (with gentle typhoons in push/pull) for the h60. I would use my gentle typhoons for the h60 as well. Just wondering if i would see an increase in cooling? I currently idle at 24c with an ambient of 22c. I'm running an i7-860 oc'd to 3.46 with a vcore of 1.18v and a vtt of 1.20.

I don't really want to tear my machine apart for nothing. Do you guys thing i will notice a difference?

-RYknow

This blood is flowing through a warped mind...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19912 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 369 (Unique: 295)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RYknow View Post

Looks like this would be a good thread to ask in. I'm wondering if it's worth swapping my ultra 120 true black (with gentle typhoons in push/pull) for the h60. I would use my gentle typhoons for the h60 as well. Just wondering if i would see an increase in cooling? I currently idle at 24c with an ambient of 22c. I'm running an i7-860 oc'd to 3.46 with a vcore of 1.18v and a vtt of 1.20.

I don't really want to tear my machine apart for nothing. Do you guys thing i will notice a difference?

-RYknow

Temps would be comparable if not a tad better with the H60.

Your fans are ideal with this cooler and the H series loves push/pull.

I would suggest an intake configuation for the H60 to maximise the cooling potiental of the rad.

What are you load temps? idle temps really dont mean alot, unfortunately.

post #19913 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 144)
For those of you looking for another mod for the Corsair series coolers check out my gpu mod here:

https://www.overclock.net/t/1086286/complete-build-log-zotac-560ti-corsair-h70

Works fantastic, is non destructive and work on any card ati or nvidia

Please add me to the mod log here if you feel so inclined thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19914 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

For those of you looking for another mod for the Corsair series coolers check out my gpu mod here:

https://www.overclock.net/t/1086286/complete-build-log-zotac-560ti-corsair-h70

Works fantastic, is non destructive and work on any card ati or nvidia

Please add me to the mod log here if you feel so inclined thumb.gif

Whoa, you must be psychic tongue.gif

I was just trawling through the Nvidia cooling section and was looking at your post there. Im thinking of trying this out with my old GTX 470 and H-50 cooler. My only concern is cooling the VRam... They still have sinks on them from when i had the AXP cooler on them, Mabybe I can knock up some sort of auxillary fan.

post #19915 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 144)
would be a good idea but ive run my zotac 560ti without any cooling on any part of the pbc and had no issues with high voltage and overclocks but to be honest i never did get around to overclocking the vram so .......

Good to play it safe, my matrix still has the two 90mm fans blowing onto the pcb, i really wanted to retain the look of the orginal card, it was a feature i like about the Matrix.

post #19916 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Getting new set of fans smile.gif but Which fans are good to use on H70? Preferably red LEDs any idea?

Truth about Mac VS PC and the end of it.
Google > Government "Don't be evil, that's the governments job"
RAILIGHT Bitfenix Survivor [Build Log]Completerolleyes.gif

post #19917 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 52)
Hey guys,

Turns out my brand new H60 is missing it's Intel bracket. tongue.gif

Don't suppose any of you have a spare you'd be willing to let go?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fanclub!

post #19918 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormXLR View Post

Getting new set of fans smile.gif but Which fans are good to use on H70? Preferably red LEDs any idea?

Ideally, AP 15s or 30s would be the go but they are 1) hard to find and 2) dont come in a red LED.

Have a think about the CM R4s. By all reports they do the job as advertised,

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=11128

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

would be a good idea but ive run my zotac 560ti without any cooling on any part of the pbc and had no issues with high voltage and overclocks but to be honest i never did get around to overclocking the vram so .......

Good to play it safe, my matrix still has the two 90mm fans blowing onto the pcb, i really wanted to retain the look of the orginal card, it was a feature i like about the Matrix.

I rarely OC the ram but rigging up an aux fan for the pwr circuits shouldnt be a problem. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried262 View Post

Hey guys,

Turns out my brand new H60 is missing it's Intel bracket. tongue.gif

Don't suppose any of you have a spare you'd be willing to let go?

Contact you Corsair dealer and get one... clearly there was an error in packaging

post #19919 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

I would suggest an intake configuation for the H60 to maximise the cooling potiental of the rad.

My bad on not including my load temp! I thought I had put it in there. I've been tweaking my setup a bit. My current specs are:
3.62ghz OC
vcore- 1.21v
vtt- 1.2v
RAM- 1.51v

My ambient temp right now is roughly 19c. I have an idle temp of 20c. I just finished running prime95 for 20 hours and 9 min (no errors), and saw a load temp of 66c. This is with a Thermalright Ultra 120 Tru black, dual gentle typhoons in a push/pull, with a third gentle typhoon blowing directly onto the first fan with cool air from outside of the PC. I'm using a Lian-li A05nb (Love this case! Everyone should own one! haha)

So you think I would see better temps with the h60 then? Running the push/pull obviously. Do you think my idle temps will stay the same? Or would they increase? I would be using the h60 as in intake.

-RYknow

This blood is flowing through a warped mind...
post #19920 of 28484 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RYknow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

My bad on not including my load temp! I thought I had put it in there. I've been tweaking my setup a bit. My current specs are:
3.62ghz OC
vcore- 1.21v
vtt- 1.2v
RAM- 1.51v

My ambient temp right now is roughly 19c. I have an idle temp of 20c. I just finished running prime95 for 20 hours and 9 min (no errors), and saw a load temp of 66c. This is with a Thermalright Ultra 120 Tru black, dual gentle typhoons in a push/pull, with a third gentle typhoon blowing directly onto the first fan with cool air from outside of the PC. I'm using a Lian-li A05nb (Love this case! Everyone should own one! haha)

So you think I would see better temps with the h60 then? Running the push/pull obviously. Do you think my idle temps will stay the same? Or would they increase? I would be using the h60 as in intake.

-RYknow

Thats some pretty good temps right there thumb.gif

Tell me again why you want to change your current cooling setup?

Im not going to blow sunshine in your face, Its really hard to tell you what to expect because of the many variables involved.

Placement of the rad, case temps, ambients, Tim application etc. Every setup is going to be different, hence YMMV.

I would hazard a guess that your temps would be on par with your current setup. You may shave a few degrees off your current temps, you may not... The only true test is to get and run it.

Sorry I can be more helpful than that. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in