Confused on how to connect - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Confused on how to connect

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 132 (Unique: 96)
Snerps setup is the same as mine,only difference is Tline/Res. And suicide mayne,your crazypc link is a tline,you just route the tubing on either side,and then a tube to the top of the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 190 (Unique: 176)
Alright....PUMP-->RADIATOR-->PRIMARY GPU-->SECONDARY GPU-->T-LINE-->PUMP. Having the T-line between the gpu blocks would restrict your flow too much. If you insist on tubing it that way, use Y fittings...they don't restrict flow as much. Also, sinve you are using 68's, i would reccommend DangerDen NV-68s,,,they woud rectify the flow problem between the vidcards and they are highly efficient.

EDIT: Use a t-line, not a res. They are cheaper and IMO easier to bleed since they do it on the fly. After you first start your setup, leave your T-line elevated and uncovered for @ least 48 ours top bleed the system (while the pump is running of course). http://www.pimprig.com has a great T line makup in their guides that i use myself. Never had a bleeding/filling/spillag problem with it. and it looks really clean, and since i have a mid-tower, it doesn;t eat up the space of a res.

Check out how to mod your BT or see if your Sapphire X800GTO² can be unlocked. in my FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxus go_quote.gif
also, i am using a Coolermaster 690 with stock fans, which i hear blow goats. Dunno though.
3DMark06: 14637 proof.gif
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
so a t-Line is like a Res? where u put water? where can i see T-Line products

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 05:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Place the T line on the pumps inlet,That allows for easier filling and bleeding.

As far as order of components the "Best" set up is one where you have the least tubing and the least amount of bends,avoid the hype of rad placment,It will only result in a max of 0.5c lower temps and that can not increase performance even 1Mhz..A chip at 37c can not overclock any better then if it was at 37.5c . . So just set it up as eaily and efficiently based on tubing issues.

Also Using Y Fittings reduces flow and should be avoided.And I hope you are using a dual 120mm rad because that will handle 2 GPU and 1 CPU ,I know this from experence running 2 Xeon 2.4 @ 3675 each and a 6800 ultra.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
you should take the Ts out because they will slow the flow down.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 37)
I would think it best to have two seperate loops or at least two rads your gonna have alot of heat in your loop.

E6600 @ 3.2 Ghz 2GB ram - x1900xtx = (DONE! - in sig)

https://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...teh-wires.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in