Water cooling guide for noobs (Always updated) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water cooling guide for noobs (Always updated)

post #21 of 754 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter
STG3 VET

Rep: 1174 (Unique: 756)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljoejoe54;12271241 
Awesome writeup! I have the H70 now but am looking to do a custom setup in the near future and this helps out a lot. Thanks!

Glad to be of help.smile.gif

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/913181-water-cooling-guide-noobs.html#post11984918">Water cooling guide for noobs,parts,setup install case suggestions,etc</a></p><span></span><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/962044-upgrade-time-update-2-3-18-a.html">Case labs TH10/ build log (2 gtx 590s) water cooling oh my</a></p><span></span><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/528648-heatkiller-club.html">Founder of the Heatkiller Club</a></p><span></span><p><span>W</span><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/601449-water-cooling-cases.html">ater cooling case suggestions</a></p></div></div>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 754 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 PM

change "guide" in title to "is" temporarily, watch people come in the thread ready to RAGE!
post #23 of 754 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
very very informative! thanks TS!..

im planning to go to WC now and i need all the infos that i can get. i just have a question though, why dont use dye? since i see alot of people (well here in my country) that uses dye on their rigs and it actually looks cool. what is the performance degradation of this? or even the danger of this?

TIA! cool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 754 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 19)
I "think" dye ends up discolouring your components. Not 100% sure on this just going by what I have read on the internet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Great writeup it will definitely help me attempt my first watercooled build smile.gif

post #25 of 754 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 61)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabawballs;12552708 
very very informative! thanks TS!..

im planning to go to WC now and i need all the infos that i can get. i just have a question though, why dont use dye? since i see alot of people (well here in my country) that uses dye on their rigs and it actually looks cool. what is the performance degradation of this? or even the danger of this?

TIA! cool.gif

Many say that after time the dye separates from the water and builds up in components such as your gpu/rad/cpu block and damages them or as stated they can stain components as well. Some people have good luck and have none of these issues others have these issues that take an extended time and a lot of effort to clean or are even forced to buy parts.

In the end it is your choice but most people opt for uv tubing and distilled water so they need not worry about these issues.

post #26 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Hiya mate, is there anychance you or someone here could do me a diagram of how my loop needs to go.. I have one 240mm rad in the top of my case one 240mm in bottom, then ek multioption res, Swiftech MCP655 12V Multi-speed Water Pump, cpu, gpu, i just need to kno what order the tubing need to go please.

Thanks you
post #27 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

You want pump/res > rad > cpu > rad > gpu > pump/res
or pump/res > cpu > rad > gpu > rad > pump/res really they are the same set up although the first might give you better temps. I set up mine like the first one.

post #28 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksniper;12634097 
You want pump/res > rad > cpu > rad > gpu > pump/res
or pump/res > cpu > rad > gpu > rad > pump/res really they are the same set up although the first might give you better temps. I set up mine like the first one.

You dont have a pic do you? just so ive got a map of it please. first time watercooling tongue.gif
post #29 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazz1984;12634128 
You dont have a pic do you? just so ive got a map of it please. first time watercooling tongue.gif

I have two 240mm rads aswell uve only done the guide for one rad lol smile.gif
post #30 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Just a quick paint sketch for set up 1

grazz.png

Pump/res to rad top
rad top to cpu block
cpu block to rad bottom
rad bottom to gpu
gpu to pump res

edit: For a much cleaner loop you can go pump/res > rad top > cpu > gpu >rad bottom > pump/res should give about the same temp readings with less tubing dont know why I didnt think of it in the first place.

grazz-1.png

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in