Water cooling guide for noobs (Always updated) - Page 76 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water cooling guide for noobs (Always updated)

post #751 of 754 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 07:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Yeah, I'm aware of the inefficiency this approach has but I'm working with what I have atm. In any case additional fans can be added to either the side panel, rear exhaust in reverse or at the bottom near PSU for additional cooler air. Running the top rad in reverse is also an option with the mentioned fan option as exhaust.

But my question was more in regards to the fluid dynamics and pump's optimal workload considering A & B layouts. We have gravity as well as flow variation between blocks and rads so I'm just curious to know yet couldn't find any info touching on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 754 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:39 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orky87 View Post

But my question was more in regards to the fluid dynamics and pump's optimal workload considering A & B layouts. We have gravity as well as flow variation between blocks and rads so I'm just curious to know yet couldn't find any info touching on this.

Really no measurable difference of "optimal workload" for pump between A&B. Ignore gravity and even ignore most right-angle-turns for such a simple loop.

What is important in a more practical way: how are you going to drain it with the front radiator that way up? smile.gif

post #753 of 754 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 11:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hi I think I hhave just about got my head around this wc stuff. Before I spend £400 can someone just confirm that this is everyting I need and all these parts will work/fit together?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 754 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:47 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
@Remontoire Quick glance it all looks fine. I personally prefer 10/16 tubing with monsoon fittings, for the chunkier look.

Alphacool "Pure Water" is a rip off. You can get a whole gallon of deionised water (Battery Top-Up Water) at Halfords for less. The important thing is not to use tap water for long-term use, but flushing is fine from the tap: you remove much more unwanted stuff from the flowing water than is likely to be deposited.

post #755 of 754 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 02:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
what do you think about a loop as this one: wtank - pump - CPU - rad1 - GPU - rad2 - wtank. Can be useful in terms of temp spikes control between a wblock and another? tks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in