[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Which Antec cooler do you own?
Antec Kühler H2O 620 155 54.39%
Antec Kühler H2O 920 130 45.61%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club

post #21 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 12:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Heres a pic. Add me to the list!! grouphug.gif

The angle is screwed up because had to find a decent way to place the tubing without them getting in the way with everything else. Mid towers suck frown.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craptakular;13139798 
How long are the leads for this? I have just bought a micro-atx case, the Lian Li v354B.

I want to mount the unit in the front of the case, but need to know how long the leads are, I should be ok as it's a small case...

you mean the tubing? Not sure exactly, I'm sure you could find that info on the benchmarkrevews review. I remember seeing a ruler....

Manootie, please add yourself to the list smile.gif I'll do it if you want but it's better when everyone does it themselves becauase you can add comments that people will be able to read on the OP.

king.gifSeaSonic X Series Owners Clubking.gif
post #23 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 62)
I'm in. You can check out my rig and some minor stress tests at the following link: https://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/981247-my-rig-incomplete.html#post12979577

I'm using a push/pull config with some stock cooler master fans (waiting for a replacement).

2qsun1h.jpg
epfwjd.jpg
20r37dt.jpg

Hidden Text Below! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine go_quote.gif
Just wanted to say that I have purchased screws (black and Stainless Steel) from these guys and they're top-notch products. If you need screws, and you're lady ain't putting out, hit up FTWPC biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeKlok go_quote.gif
To be frank...by comparison, Vista is like a 500 pound crack whore
Win7 is like a swimsuit model. You can acomplish the same tasks with either; only the experience will be different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 160 (Unique: 133)
I'm contemplating on buying the 620 since it has the slim rad that I would need in my itx rig and has the slim pump/heatsink. I just think it's overkill on a undervolted/stock 2600k.
post #25 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai;13140140 
I'm contemplating on buying the 620 since it has the slim rad that I would need in my itx rig and has the slim pump/heatsink. I just think it's overkill on a undervolted/stock 2600k.

Yeah, it is, but god does it look sweet.

Quote:
Just wanted to say that I have purchased screws (black and Stainless Steel) from these guys and they're top-notch products. If you need screws, and you're lady ain't putting out, hit up FTWPC biggrin.gif
Quote:
Win7 is like a swimsuit model. You can acomplish the same tasks with either; only the experience will be different.
post #26 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassh0ppa;13140012 
you mean the tubing? Not sure exactly, I'm sure you could find that info on the benchmarkrevews review. I remember seeing a ruler....

Manootie, please add yourself to the list smile.gif I'll do it if you want but it's better when everyone does it themselves becauase you can add comments that people will be able to read on the OP.

Ta, the review said its 30cm, so should be enough I think. Will confirm that tommorrow.

What fans would be good on these? Think I will go with two...

post #27 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:

Will do. Thanks smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13140058 
I'm in. You can check out my rig and some minor stress tests at the following link: https://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/981247-my-rig-incomplete.html#post12979577

I'm using a push/pull config with some stock cooler master fans (waiting for a replacement).

2qsun1h.jpg
epfwjd.jpg
20r37dt.jpg

I need your case. Which one is that and is it on sale? wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai;13140140 

A better cooler is always well, better! I built my gf an i3 and with the stock cooler temps reach 70 degrees. I'm not too sure how the ambient was, but it was definitely cool. I'd say somewhere between 70-75 but not sure exactly. Plus a good cooler will keep temps low to where the life of the cpu is extended. I dont think anyone will keep their cpu for 10 years though lol. Anyway, its good to have for low temps and if you ever decide to overclock "one day" then there you go! Also quiet too!

post #28 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

^
It's a Rosewill Blackhawk.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107&cm_re=blackhawk-_-11-147-107-_-Product

The cable management took some work, and there's still some tidying I need to do when I update my system in May (monthly paychecks suck).

Quote:
Quote:
post #29 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Installed the Antec 620 cooler a few days ago.
Had a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler before.
The Antec looks really good and improves the room around the motherboard.
As an experiment I used the Noctua fans in a push/pull setup on the Antec in a intake configuration.
Doing that I improved the cooling by about 2-3c.
Idle temps on my OC 920 are about +/-40c
With having an exhaust configuration because I have two GTX 285 cards with aftermarket cooling the heat they put into the case was getting "sucked" out through the Antec causing it to heat up more.
Not sure if the Noctua fans are correct for the Antec, maybe somebody can suggest a better fan.
Also I have them connected up to a fan controller.
My next upgrade (depending on finances) will be a single GTX 580.
That should lower heat in my case.
Overall I'm happy with the Antec 620

post #30 of 6086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayn01;13143407 
Installed the Antec 620 cooler a few days ago.
Had a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler before.
The Antec looks really good and improves the room around the motherboard.
As an experiment I used the Noctua fans in a push/pull setup on the Antec in a intake configuration.
Doing that I improved the cooling by about 2-3c.
Idle temps on my OC 920 are about +/-40c
With having an exhaust configuration because I have two GTX 285 cards with aftermarket cooling the heat they put into the case was getting "sucked" out through the Antec causing it to heat up more.
Not sure if the Noctua fans are correct for the Antec, maybe somebody can suggest a better fan.
Also I have them connected up to a fan controller.
My next upgrade (depending on finances) will be a single GTX 580.
That should lower heat in my case.
Overall I'm happy with the Antec 620

For kicks, I decided to use the Antec recommended spec and have the air from in my case exhaust out through the Kuhler. I'mnot liking it. My idle temps and load temps shot up by almost 4-5c compared to when I had cool and clean air push/pull as intake.

Very annoying.

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in