2x50mm TEC's Direct Die by Ultrasonic2 - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2x50mm TEC's Direct Die by Ultrasonic2

post #101 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 90)
Awesome awesome thread. Finally we get to see someone with an i7 using Ultrasonic's TEC blocks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 163 (Unique: 99)
New cold plate dimensions, that will need to be checked for compatibility especially for 775. The new plates will result in better temps due to a greater bulk of copper left in the cold plate for heat spreading

ALSO now the TEC's wires are coming out the sides of the block not the length. which should make compatibly easier. There is also a reduction in pressure bolts which will lead to better temps because of a reduction in heat transferred via the bolts
post #103 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 56)

It actually arrived last saturday which was about a week to get from where Ultra is to where I am. Pretty fast actually. Arrived in perfect condition. Now I just need to get motivated to go back downstairs and finish cleaning up the office (long story lol) and I can test it out. Here's some pics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck5000 go_quote.gif
eek.gif Its you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverw92 go_quote.gif
Did it involve me being a prostitute?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 1192 (Unique: 550)
Nice looking block!....When are you going to try it out?

Quote:
***Beware all ye Men born of Woman, beware the Hemogoblins...biggrin.gif...If you argue with a Troll the Troll wins. Do not feed the Trolls.***
***TOS***OCN's Professionalism Initiative*** An Emphasis on Quality of Content***Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club***
***E8500 @ 5736 Mhz** E8600 @ 5751Mhz***E8400 @ Dead piece of junkQuote:
Originally Posted by Patch
Makes sense. Trolls have nickel plated red blood cells. Helps their copper based hemogoblin deal with the high aluminium content in their spleens.
post #105 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 56)
If all goes according to plan this weekend. I am waiting for a few watercooling parts to arrive Friday/Saturday and then I can get the board prepped and the insulation for the block done. I'll try to take pictures of the process Like I said long story but my office is a train wreck right now so i need to find a few things and set up on the old standby...dining room table. Wifey's gonna flip It is going to be installed on an EVGA Classified 759 w/ a D0 920. If all goes well I'll throw the 975EE under there and see how that fares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck5000 go_quote.gif
eek.gif Its you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverw92 go_quote.gif
Did it involve me being a prostitute?
post #106 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 209 (Unique: 158)
You got the two 300Qmax TEC's with it right? Also yeah I would love to what the temps of a 975EE would be under that beast! Quick question though, what's your loop got in it, mainly radiator wise.

-You know, if we were really dating this would be the part where I'd be forced to kiss you goodnight.
Forced? Would it be so bad?
(smiles) I'm sure I could suffer through it.
Me too.
~Chuck, 2007-2012
post #107 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucklez View Post
You got the two 300Qmax TEC's with it right? Also yeah I would love to what the temps of a 975EE would be under that beast! Quick question though, what's your loop got in it, mainly radiator wise.
yip two GENUINE 300qmax high voltage TEC's

This is probably the highest Qmax ever run on a PC in a direct die format
post #108 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 90)
Quick q: I've been contemplating going TEC for the dual 1366 EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard... exactly how much radiator power would I need to handle 4 300qmax TEC's?

post #109 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson View Post
Quick q: I've been contemplating going TEC for the dual 1366 EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard... exactly how much radiator power would I need to handle 4 300qmax TEC's?
For the exact figure you would need to find a chart. From studying charts generally it is possible to deduce that the hotside load is roughly 225-250% of the Q at the operating point, not Qmax.
You wont be far wrong using this for a good ballpark figure. So long as your Q is close the maximum coldside load. You can reduce the figure a bit the higher your Dt.

So if at the operating point (V) your TEC has a Q of 200w you can expect the maximum off the hotside to be in the region of 450-500w. Of course remember this is a ballpark figure for the maximum not what will happen all the time. As the running variables of the TEC change, particularly the coldside load if we are talking about a direct die cooled CPU, so too will everything else including the hotside load.

If your were to power one 300w Qmax TEC at 24v (its a 31.5v part.) you could expect upto 600w off the hotside BUT if your actual maximum load on the coldside is less than 240w (Q) the maximum heat off the hotside will be reduced.
So you see there are tons of variables in this.....

....wait and see. Over to you Elloquin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucklez View Post
Quick question though, what's your loop got in it, mainly radiator wise.
Just the TEC hotsides I hope.....Opps sorry you said radiator wise.
post #110 of 256 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson View Post
Well that depends on a lot of things .. but i would say a 480 GTX .. or 2 320gtx's or better AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD FANS . none of these 1000rpm 25mm fans

But to be honest Elloquin is the first to try 600qmax so i guess we'll all find out together
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in