2x50mm TEC's Direct Die by Ultrasonic2 - Page 26 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2x50mm TEC's Direct Die by Ultrasonic2

Closed Thread

post #251 of 256 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
I'm actually going for self contained (atleast for this event I was). I'm going to have to be creative about how to make it Semi-contained after I get the second radiator in the loop...
???
Sorry, I am getting really thick here in my medicinal induced euphoria....

Can you explain ?

The route I was thinking was that if you are using rads anywhere... the coolant coming back from the rad will never be below ambient. If you are only cooling the hotside with ambient coolant and you have 2 TECs side by side shoving a collective (estimate .) of 400w say off the hotside it is very likely that the hotside will be of such a temp that once you take off the Dt then allow for the CPU being warmer than the actual coldside temp, 40ºC on the CPU might be all you can get at that operating point. shoving extra rads on it may not make any difference.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 256 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
It will when I up the voltage. When I can I'm getting a 22V Meanwell with the appropriate wattage. And figuring out where where to put the next rads is just the puzzle I have to solve.

EDIT: Probably going to stop replying to this thread because it's kinda not mine and I don't wanna hijack it.

post #253 of 256 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Im just getting into TEC cooling and Just reading through this series of posts has answered alot of questions for me thanks guys and keep up all the good work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 256 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
Welcome to the forums! Well if you have any other questions preferably start a new thread.

post #255 of 256 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
EDIT: Probably going to stop replying to this thread because it's kinda not mine and I don't wanna hijack it.
I agree so I'll stop with this post.

Quote:
It will when I up the voltage. When I can I'm getting a 22V Meanwell with the appropriate wattage. And figuring out where where to put the next rads is just the puzzle I have to solve.
The problem I mentioned will still rear it's head. At a higher operating point you will have a higher Dt but also a higher hotside temp. It doesn't matter if you have 100 rads your coolant will NEVER be below ambient plus a couple of degrees. You will get a cooler CPU temp with a higher operating point but don't expect miracles it wont be a fantastic improvement, at least not what I call a fantastic improvement.
I have always said undervolting or multiple TEC setups need more than rad cooling to be really effective, you need to get the hotside cooled by something colder than ambient.

Ambient coolant is NOT cold it is lukewarm.
TEC hotside are often several times hotter than the hottest CPU and your cooling it with lukewarm (ambient) coolant. Surely anyone can see thats not an ideal situation.
post #256 of 256 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 163 (Unique: 99)
The difference with this block is that i have separate TEC pressure screws and cover screws . This was done because the cover screws required more torquing than the TEC. This also enabled me to have both of the TEC's wires exiting on the same side for the block

Ultrasonic2.com
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in