NZXT Manta, AIO Coolers, and Getting a Decent Cooling Config? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

NZXT Manta, AIO Coolers, and Getting a Decent Cooling Config?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Question NZXT Manta, AIO Coolers, and Getting a Decent Cooling Config?

I apologize for all the preface, but I figure it's preferred I give more info than leave people asking for it. Specs, to start:
i7-6700k (Cooled H60)
EVGA 1080TI SC Black (11GB) (Cooled using G12 Kraken Adapter + H105 AIO)
EVGA 650W PSU
MSI Ac Carbon Pro z270i ITX Mobo

Here's my situation, at present. Yellow represents rad, red represents fans. Arrows... are direction. All fans are 120s and 140s, stock offerings. CPU: H60 AIO Cooler (x1 slot); top. GPU: H105 AIO Cooler (x2 slot) + 120mm fan; front.
https://imgur.com/a/mc53fZ9

Major temps, under load (Sniper Elite 4. SE2 inspired this whole escapade, so I figured it would be decent for testing purposes. Plus I want to play it, so 2 birds)
CPU: Package reaches about 65ish, The mobo reports up to 80!
GPU: 54
Sys: 66

Unfortunately, when I built the unit, I... was not aware that there were different fan styles for the purpose of cooling GPUs. Yea. That's on me. Anyhow, I ended up buying a EVGA 1080TI SC Black (11GB), which of course has run out of return and therefore I'm not really in a financial position to do something about that. Anyhow, it was kind of suffocating in this case, as not too far below the GPU there is a power supply shroud, which makes it very difficult for the non-blower GPUs to get the air they need for cooling.

On my original config I was getting GPU temps of roughly 84 under load, CPU was about 40-50. I didn't log sys before the changes, but I don't recall it being all that worrisome. (Values given are HWMonitor names).

So to try and fix the GPU issues, as I had read (though oddly there isn't much definitive info I could find....) that throttling on my card starts at about 85... and this is on 1080p high settings. I was hoping to move up to 2K min at some point, so..... Anyhow, I wanted to correct this, and seeing as I'm really not very comfortable (and I've heard actual loops are pretty pricey) doing Water cooling, I bought the NZXT G12 Kraken. It's basically an adapter so you can put a CPU AIO Cooler on your graphics card.

That part worked very nicely. From 84 to 54. I'll take it.

However, now my CPU temps are not that great and sys is getting pretty hot too.

Here are the parameters to be considered for any potential solution; I list these as unfortunately they're kind of non-negotiable physical things:
1. The GPU Rad must be front mounted. Unfortunately with how this adapter attaches everything, the tubes are only long enough to accommodate this.
2. Everything else is fully negotiable. I'd like to try and stay with my stock fans, but if there's a relatively inexpensive way to solve the cooling, I'm happy to hear it.

Please help me.... I'm not having much luck and I've already spent several hours redoing it in a few different combinations without much of a fix particularly for the CPU temps. Here are the other configs I've tested, with the temps:

https://imgur.com/a/bJepVaO

If I've missed any info of import, please just ask and I will be happy to provide it. Thank you very much for any assistance rendered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aio cooling , Gpu , nzxt manta , Water Cooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in