The AMD How To Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The AMD How To Thread

post #11 of 439 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroxoot View Post

I disabled ULPS and all my flickering on 12.11 driver vanished. Also the idle bug is fixed b using HDMI over DVI. The bug only exists when using a DVI connector on your monitor. I say, on your monitor, because I used dvi > hdmi and it fixed the bug.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/newestpost/1321447

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
I've had an issue with HDMI sound since after the 12.4 drivers. Sound works fine with those drivers, but every driver after that... no sound. I can tell that with the new drivers, once the idle core goes to .949, it works fine. The only way I can get it bumped up, is to set my idle clocks to 500mhz by making a preset. Now in Windows 8 for some reason it does not work the same way. I am no longer able to simply call the preset up to have sound.

So has anyone heard or seen anything in regards to how to fix this? What could be the cause of me losing sound that is fixed via raising the voltage the card is getting...?

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #13 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

I've had an issue with HDMI sound since after the 12.4 drivers. Sound works fine with those drivers, but every driver after that... no sound. I can tell that with the new drivers, once the idle core goes to .949, it works fine. The only way I can get it bumped up, is to set my idle clocks to 500mhz by making a preset. Now in Windows 8 for some reason it does not work the same way. I am no longer able to simply call the preset up to have sound.

So has anyone heard or seen anything in regards to how to fix this? What could be the cause of me losing sound that is fixed via raising the voltage the card is getting...?

Hmm. this is a unique issue. The audio comes from separate chip w/ no direct relation to the core.

Win 8... are you using the .net4 version of the driver? Profiles... what mode are you using AB in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 429 (Unique: 379)
Very nice job on the AMD How To guide, thumb.gif

Desktop:AMD 870K @ 4.5,ASUS A68HM-PLUS,240GB SanDisk SSD Plus.Sport 8GB DDR3=1600,MSI GTX 970 OC,Cosair CX759M V.2,
Windows 10 x64 Pro

post #15 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Hmm. this is a unique issue. The audio comes from separate chip w/ no direct relation to the core.
Win 8... are you using the .net4 version of the driver? Profiles... what mode are you using AB in?

This has been the same case since I started using 12.x drivers until now. The only drivers that worked without issues were 12.4s. Same issue on Windows 7 even with a fresh installation and simply installing the graphics drivers, I'll have sound the moment the installation finishes. Then I'll have sound once I reboot and at the first time an application runs full screen, then there's no sound. Depending on whether the gpu gets pushed a little harder or not, sound will go in and out.

I've seen many threads on other forums on the issue... I'll find the one that I found here that helped me solve it originally.

Edit: Here's one thread: https://www.overclock.net/t/1295464/intermittent-hdmi-audio-output-on-7970-12-8-drivers

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #16 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I've got a problem with my 7970, I cant adjust voltages for it in MSI AF frown.gif
When I do this:
[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
and open MSI AF, all the sliders are on 0. Only when I turn it off, it will revert back to normal.

Anyone know why?

EDIT: I also am unable to monitor voltages on MSI AF. I can only see the VDDC in GPU-Z

Domininja
post #17 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domininja View Post

I've got a problem with my 7970, I cant adjust voltages for it in MSI AF frown.gif
When I do this:
[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
and open MSI AF, all the sliders are on 0. Only when I turn it off, it will revert back to normal.

Anyone know why?

EDIT: I also am unable to monitor voltages on MSI AF. I can only see the VDDC in GPU-Z

What card do you own?

Changing the EULA merely unlocks the unofficial mode, but it doesn't grant access to voltage. You would have create that by adding in the files art the top of this thread. What steps did follow?

post #18 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

What card do you own?
Changing the EULA merely unlocks the unofficial mode, but it doesn't grant access to voltage. You would have create that by adding in the files art the top of this thread. What steps did follow?

I own a 3GB HIS 7970 (H797F3G2M to be exact)
I have asked Unwinder (creator of Rivatuner) about this and he said that the VRM (VT1165) on my card is not supported on MSI Afterburner.
I followed the "Afterburner install - unofficial overclock method" because I had read on another website that it unlocks voltage control/monitoring.
And I don't think powertune would do anything in my case, would it?

Domininja
post #19 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domininja View Post

Quote:

What card do you own?

I own a 3GB HIS 7970 (H797F3G2M to be exact)
I have asked Unwinder (creator of Rivatuner) about this and he said that the VRM (VT1165) on my card is not supported on MSI Afterburner.
I followed the "Afterburner install - unofficial overclock method" because I had read on another website that it unlocks voltage control/monitoring.
And I don't think powertune would do anything in my case, would it?

Why are you posting in this thread w/o following the guide here? I mention this because I've already explained about the file you need to use to enable clock/voltage control, and it was seemingly ignored?

As to the vrm chip, this board supports full voltage control. It's the blue pcb from HIS, a revised board using the alternate pcb however it follows reference form. There are posts from users with this board adding volts. I've used one of these in the past w/o any issues.

post #20 of 439 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Why are you posting in this thread w/o following the guide here? I mention this because I've already explained about the file you need to use to enable clock/voltage control, and it was seemingly ignored?
As to the vrm chip, this board supports full voltage control. It's the blue pcb from HIS, a revised board using the alternate pcb however it follows reference form. There are posts from users with this board adding volts. I've used one of these in the past w/o any issues.

I apologize that I did not read through your guide properly, I know that you had put a lot of your time into making the thread. I appreciate that you are helping me unlock the voltage control/monitoring on my system. I appreciate that you had typed up a very thorough and detailed "How to" thread. I'm sorry.

I have now read through your guide, and I now understand.
Thank you tsm106. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I had followed the steps, but I did something wrong (installed the MSI AF patch and rebooted straight afterward). I repeated the steps by uninstalling MSI AF but it does not ask to reboot, what had I done wrong?

Domininja

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in