Switching clocks causing flickering - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Switching clocks causing flickering

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
Gonna bite it and say im sorry. The problem started occuring again but not nearly as much. It happened 3 times after an hour of play in battlefield 3. I have some other things to ask now.

1. Why is my GPU only using 70% gpu on large conquest in BF3? Is this a false reading? I'm averaging 100fps on ultra settings.

2. is there a fix for this problem besides disabling power play? When I do MSI AB Unoffical = 2 I flicker heavily and cannot control the clocks and the 2 dlls to extend the clocks causes massive flickering.

I'm at my wits end. It doesn't do this after 30+ minutes of heaven and 3dmark loops. Only in games where the gpu is using less than 99% usage. 3dmark11 and heaven benchmark both use 99% gpu at all time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
Ok its the dlls! The flicker is all caused by MSI AB when using the AMD dlls to extend the clocks. SOmetimes so bad it freaks out a lot and everything on my screen jumps around when just moving the mouse. Like, I would take a picture if I could but it won't show. I am bad at explaining things but more or less its like frame tearing but it all jumps around with horizontal lines. Sometimes I see big gaps of green in places but its always perfect horizontal lines. It only occurs with these amd dlls for unofficial overclocking. Any ideas guys?

I'm trying my hardest but I cannot get a stable OC if this problem happens. It makes it impossible to tell stable from not.

edit edit:

Ok, I think its stable but only time will tell!

1200/2000mhz, and the only way I could achieve this is to put the DLLs in the folder, run -xcl command, delete the dlls, reboot, and then voila! increased clocks without having to use unofficial mode. Not sure if this is the same as using unofficial mode =1 but it works without flickering or any problems at all so far.

Any input would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in