2x2 Eyefinity on a single display(no bezels) / 4GPU CrossfireX / AMD VSR/ Gaming/Benching 6400x3600@60hz - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2x2 Eyefinity on a single display(no bezels) / 4GPU CrossfireX / AMD VSR/ Gaming/Benching [email protected]

post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4ze0ne View Post

This monitor looks so awesome.

Does it have any dead pixels?

If so... Are they noticeable?

I haven't seen any on mine, i think some users did get some on theirs but i think most got good panels.

in this thread

Me personally i am really happy with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 21)
The screenshots look incredible.

What's your average framerate with quad fire in these games?

Processor: Intel Core i7 5820K
Motherboard: Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 4X4GB (16GB)
Video: EVGA 1080TI SC Black Edition
Drive: Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) + Samsung 850 EVO (1TB)
Power: EVGA 1200W P2
Monitor: Acer XR341CK
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4ze0ne View Post

The screenshots look incredible.

What's your average framerate with quad fire in these games?

It varys unfortunately but it also depends on settings used. I drop settings to get close to 60fps avg as i can. Most games it varys in that case, but some are really tough and some are very forgiving. I am trying to understand why performance has changed drastically for me from trying triple 4k eyefinity. Games for instance like Crysis 3 and Witcher2 really never ran properly no matter what settings i choose. However on this setup with VSR they are now playable and i get roughlt 40-60fps on Medium or give or take some settings low vs high. I suspect VSR is actually somehow reducing the load where as triple 4k was brutal and buggy.
Granted 6400x3600 isn't triple 4k but its pretty close. I think the biggest thing for me is i've only had one game not work so far, and that was FalloutNV. With triple 4k eyefinity in portrait none of my DX9 games worked at all fullscreen and had to run windowed which defeated crossfire and was too slow.

Here is Tomb Raider @ Ultra - i would have ran Ultimate but there appears to be a bug with TressFX and super high resolutions.

TR for example i turn off Motion blur, screen effects and FXAA because they actually reduce the quality. I am finding more now than ever at such high resolutions most games post processing effects actually severely reduce the quality and clarity.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Some shots from borderlands 2 so far its running 60fps with everything up except physx, because of course well Nvidia specific. This game isn't exactly super hard to run.

390x can't get here soon enough, i just hope it really kicks arse in extreme resolutions with HBM..thumb.gif

Edit: you know while this is entirely a different beast I would still love to compare this to a 5k monitor side by side. I am willing to bet this will look better the scaling is amazing, and AA is totally useless. I will test BF4 and Alien Isolation since they have some horrible aliasing at medium distances and long
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

For fun, i'll throw these Valley results in here. Nothing ground breaking exactly but the fact 4GB 290x can still run at such high resolutions should be impressive within itself. Again, i'm running pcie 2.0 and cpu's from Q1'2010. So maybe if i decided to try something newer my FPs would be higher but i wouldn't put too much hope on that as GPUs are the heavy lifters here. The only real hope is if PCIE 3.0 could help some. I also doubt it will as i think the GPU's drop out first before all of those items.

Valley Ultra 6400x3600 AVG FPS 30

Valley Medium 6400x3600 AVG FPS 49
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quick video of Deux Ex no mods - i am hopefully getting a 60fps cam soon so no more motion blur/ghosting in the videos as the camera is 29fps sadly that as i mentioned im using. Its defintely not happening in the game and its driving me nuts when i view the videos.

Edit:
Also what it looks like when using a single screen resolution
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Witcher2 in game and one potato cam shot- this one is running pretty well and it used to not.
It floats from 40s-mid 70's and i do have quite a few things turned off, including ubersampling and AA as they are not needed and kill FPS
I'll let the shots speak for themselves wether its good or bad...

potato cam

Can't wait for witcher 3 thumb.gif

EDIT ADDED BONUS! i turned all my settings down and got this:

lol - Origin is giving away Ultima 8 Gold edition Pagan for the old school peeps. :-)
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Probably one of the last updates with data i'll do as i am moving in the next few days. Here is a short clip with my potato cam for Dragon Age Inq. i'm only running Tri-fire on this video as i was tested settings and gpu scaling performance. I show settings at beginning, sorry its all i got for now.

p.s. watching it in the post instead of going to youtube and setting it to 1080p is about as close as it will get to the actual quality. Sadly after using a potato cam and youtube compression maximizing the video would just make it beyond horribad worse than it is lol. tongue.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in