2x2 Eyefinity on a single display(no bezels) / 4GPU CrossfireX / AMD VSR/ Gaming/Benching 6400x3600@60hz - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2x2 Eyefinity on a single display(no bezels) / 4GPU CrossfireX / AMD VSR/ Gaming/Benching [email protected]

post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Hacktun3d

Rep: 46 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividebyZERO View Post

I am not sure, i wanted to see how it does on a single gpu and then if crossfire does much. In the long run i was thinking tri-fire fury. I just don't know though until i see performance numbers and prices.

Also keep in mind, fury will have 4k VSR, so i could possibly run 4kx4 lol. (don't expect it to work but i am damn sure gonna try it for funsies) I also may look into getting or setting up 4k eyefinity again.

However i currently have 6400x3600 23MP vs 4k eyefinity being 6480x3840 24.9MP - so it may not be worth it right now.(aside from better field of view and immersiveness with size) I am still blown away how badass this looks in games. i am gonna nab another camera soon just havent had much time to look for one.
I don't have solid numbers or proof per se but i score better in Firestrike and crossfire seems to be running better. It may just be drivers i dunno. I will probably use my pcie disable jumpers soon and bench clock vs clock on 290x vs 290x w 390x bios.

Thanks! I decided to just go ahead and give it a whirl.. makes it easier to install the "300" driver instead of waiting for the hacked version LOL

2700x - taichi x470 - trident z 3466 16gb - vega 64 - 1300g2 psu - 256gb m.2 os drive - multiple samsung ssd's for games - nzxt mid tower - schiit audio uber 2 dac/ amp - dt990 pros - acer 1440p 144hz 27" freesync - fk2 mouse - monoprice cherry kb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 48)
Alright so, doing a little testing 2x2 eyefinity @ 4k per input instead of 3k. total resolution 7860x4320. I was curious about vram limits and only tested so far Crysis 3. to do this i had to use Toastyx's AMD pixel patch to unlock [email protected] per input. Unfortunately to run this normally, it would be limited to 30hz as per my 2 HDMI ports are 1.4 as well as HDMI on the 290x. I was just curious and as such this is just a demonstration.

Lets compare Visual quality raw resolution against both itself and what settings would look like maxed on the low end.

7680x4320 Crysis 3 very high textures, very low preset, no AA

vs
1080p MAX settings, Very high preset, Very high textures, 8xMSAA

Also for apples to apples 1080p, very high textures, low preset, no aa

View the originals if you can, the results also will vary depending on your desktop resolution but should still be noticeable between the two.

smile.gif

EDIT: P.S. i forgot to mention vram wise, at low/medium i did not appear to be hitting the vram wall. however above that i started to hit the wall as noticeable by just playing and massive stuttering FPS dips. I wanted to see if this would be an issue for FuryX and it very could be IF i had a fracking card to test with. Unfortunately they seems to be like the Lochness Monster they aren't anywhere to be found.

Forgot to post the proof shot:
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 08:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 106 (Unique: 86)
subbed and repped thumb.gif

But can it run.... Angry Birds???

About the NVidia GTX 970
"When comes down to it, it's really a $250 card with lies printed all over the box."--Rexer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Now that i have my own pad, i'm researching about going projector route. If i do, then i will still use my 44k but as a backup. I would love eyefinity on a whole wall, no doubt. I just need to see how feasible things like input lag/clarity etc will be. I am only considering this now because it's almost impossible to get Fury gpus right now and maybe it would be a better investment instead and i could use my little 290x quadfire a while longer.

I really wanted a fury even if just for testing 4k VSR over HDMI to simulate 4k 60hz over hdmi 1.4. I was really curious about how this monitor and scaling would be. I still am looking for a decent camera setup to record gameplay at high res as well.

I'll be back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in