Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo ) - Page 197 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo )

post #1961 of 1990 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 764 (Unique: 349)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1962 of 1990 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 54 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Garwinski View Post
I used the BIOS package provided in the first post with added voltages offsets for Fury X. The description in the first post mentions that HBM is put at 1.275V so you have to add to this yourself to get the 1.3V. I have tried these offset-enabled bioses before without issue, but now, no matter how high I put the offset for HBM, it stays at 1.275V. It looks like at least the HBM offsets do not work anymore. For the core I am not really sure, I do see a higher voltage for the core, but that could be the build-in offset of about 25mV mentioned in the first post as well. Has this anything to do with what is mentioned for infuriare's problem?
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
HBM offset should apply. You did power down and up system fully after flashing?
Hi, I don't have a fury to test this, but if the voltage offset for the HBM is not working, you could try to test to search into ASIC Init table these values: 02 05 02 02 00 FB 04.

Acording to this info:

Spoiler!

The 02 00 FB 04 part is:

02, ucVoltageType= MVDDC // To tell which voltage to set up

00, ucVoltageMode= ATOM_SET_VOLTAGE // Indicate action: Set voltage level

FB 04, usVoltageLeve so the voltage to set 1.275v. // real voltage level in unit of mv

So changing the FB 04 to 14 05 you could get 1.3v.

I have tested to change the vddci voltage to a 580 like this and seems o work: https://www.overclock.net/forum/27791442-post980.html
post #1963 of 1990 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
HBM offset should apply. You did power down and up system fully after flashing?
Yes, even unplugged all cables totally, reinstalled drivers with DDU multiple times, still the HBM voltage was stuck on 1.275V. However, on 1.275V I did not notice any adverse effects compared to 1.3V. Could be that the negative impact is less pronounced or visible when it comes to ram, compared to too low voltage on core, but I did not have any issues at all.

I have traded my Fury X for a Vega 56 (+some extra cash of course), so this will be a non issue for me very soon anyways. I did buy the Gigabyte Vega 56 OC however, which can be a problematic card as far as I can tell, judging from reviews on the internet (might explain why it is €100 cheaper than other aftermarket Vega 56's ) I will put the card through the wringer, update to the newest BIOS, undervolt, etc, to quickly flush out any instability. If there still is instability with this card, no mater what I do, I will still have two years of warranty left (card came with three years warranty).

Quote: Originally Posted by mynm View Post
Hi, I don't have a fury to test this, but if the voltage offset for the HBM is not working, you could try to test to search into ASIC Init table these values: 02 05 02 02 00 FB 04.

Acording to this info:

Spoiler!

The 02 00 FB 04 part is:

02, ucVoltageType= MVDDC // To tell which voltage to set up

00, ucVoltageMode= ATOM_SET_VOLTAGE // Indicate action: Set voltage level

FB 04, usVoltageLeve so the voltage to set 1.275v. // real voltage level in unit of mv

So changing the FB 04 to 14 05 you could get 1.3v.

I have tested to change the vddci voltage to a 580 like this and seems o work: https://www.overclock.net/forum/27791442-post980.html
Damn, thank you for your thorough assistance, I almost feel guilty now, because I found someone who will switch his Vega 56 with my Fury X (+ some cash), so I wont be tinkering with Fury X BIOS anymore... I loved the tinkering, tighter timings for HBM, etc, but my Fury X was just bottlenecking me in some specific games, no mater how far I oc'ed or tweaked.

It has surprised how good the 4 GB VRAM still holds up. The Fury X can still play most games on megaultraextremedeluxe settings, with maybe textures and shadows set to high (which still give detailed textures not to scoff at). I will definitely miss the watercooler. It was so quiet, kept the card very, very cool, far below its max without becoming very loud (around 45/50 Celsius with the temp target set to those values in the BIOS (I altered between 45 and 50 often whenever I did a modification to the BIOS) and a slight increase in the aggressiveness with which the fan changed speed to maintain that target. Pumping the heat directly out of the case instead of pumping it into the case was definitely a very big plus as well. I have already installed an extra 140mm exhaust fan in the top back of my case in preparation for the Gigabyte Vega 56 OC I have four 140mm as intake, 3 in the front, one on the bottom, and I had one 140mm exhaust at the back, which was plenty to just cool my Ryzen 2600 with a Noctua NH-D15, and provided good airflow over the board/board-VRMs as well. A ~300W card dumping its heat into the case will be a nice 'stresstest' to test my overall airflow, but the extra exhaust will probably not hurt.

Anyway, thanks again for going through the effort to help me.

Last edited by Garwinski; 01-08-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1964 of 1990 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 54 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Garwinski View Post
Yes, even unplugged all cables totally, reinstalled drivers with DDU multiple times, still the HBM voltage was stuck on 1.275V. However, on 1.275V I did not notice any adverse effects compared to 1.3V. Could be that the negative impact is less pronounced or visible when it comes to ram, compared to too low voltage on core, but I did not have any issues at all.

I have traded my Fury X for a Vega 56 (+some extra cash of course), so this will be a non issue for me very soon anyways. I did buy the Gigabyte Vega 56 OC however, which can be a problematic card as far as I can tell, judging from reviews on the internet (might explain why it is €100 cheaper than other aftermarket Vega 56's ) I will put the card through the wringer, update to the newest BIOS, undervolt, etc, to quickly flush out any instability. If there still is instability with this card, no mater what I do, I will still have two years of warranty left (card came with three years warranty).

Damn, thank you for your thorough assistance, I almost feel guilty now, because I found someone who will switch his Vega 56 with my Fury X (+ some cash), so I wont be tinkering with Fury X BIOS anymore... I loved the tinkering, tighter timings for HBM, etc, but my Fury X was just bottlenecking me in some specific games, no mater how far I oc'ed or tweaked.

It has surprised how good the 4 GB VRAM still holds up. The Fury X can still play most games on megaultraextremedeluxe settings, with maybe textures and shadows set to high (which still give detailed textures not to scoff at). I will definitely miss the watercooler. It was so quiet, kept the card very, very cool, far below its max without becoming very loud (around 45/50 Celsius with the temp target set to those values in the BIOS (I altered between 45 and 50 often whenever I did a modification to the BIOS) and a slight increase in the aggressiveness with which the fan changed speed to maintain that target. Pumping the heat directly out of the case instead of pumping it into the case was definitely a very big plus as well. I have already installed an extra 140mm exhaust fan in the top back of my case in preparation for the Gigabyte Vega 56 OC I have four 140mm as intake, 3 in the front, one on the bottom, and I had one 140mm exhaust at the back, which was plenty to just cool my Ryzen 2600 with a Noctua NH-D15, and provided good airflow over the board/board-VRMs as well. A ~300W card dumping its heat into the case will be a nice 'stresstest' to test my overall airflow, but the extra exhaust will probably not hurt.

Anyway, thanks again for going through the effort to help me.
You are welcome.

I hope your vega works well.

And hope my HBM memory voltage sugested mod works if anybody test it, it seem an easier way to adjust the voltage.
post #1965 of 1990 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Greetings to all forum participants. I have Asus strix r9 fury all cores unlocked (4096). Everything works well, there are no artifacts. But there is a question why energy saving does not work. All the time, the frequency is 1000 and the voltage is 1.18. Maybe there is a way to fix this or a ready-made version of the BIOS. Thank you very much in advance.
post #1966 of 1990 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by AGameBossA View Post
Greetings to all forum participants. I have Asus strix r9 fury all cores unlocked (4096). Everything works well, there are no artifacts. But there is a question why energy saving does not work. All the time, the frequency is 1000 and the voltage is 1.18. Maybe there is a way to fix this or a ready-made version of the BIOS. Thank you very much in advance.
Were you the one that unlocked it or did a previous owner? If it was someone else, check the powerstates they flashed to the BIOS.
post #1967 of 1990 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

I reflash the video card. On the stock BIOS, everything works well and the voltage keeps around 0.90 in idle time. But when unlocking 4096 cores, the card constantly works on 1.18 even in idle.
post #1968 of 1990 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

topic dead?
post #1969 of 1990 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by AGameBossA View Post
topic dead?
Yep. Fiji was the unwanted middle child that got swept underneath the rug. Everyone has moved on.

post #1970 of 1990 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Mentally Insane User

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I moved on to Vega myself. Fury X was still good for it's time though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in