Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) - Page 529 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )

post #5281 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by morecs View Post
holy crap, that's valuable info, I've actually been playing with these values for the last couple of days, I'mma study those, thanks!

also, messing with the VOI was a crapshoot.

just decided to use the sapphire rx 590 nitro+se's VOI, since it uses an NCP81022 and has a similar VRM layout.

btw @mynm , a question, you said that *20 03 ulEfuseEncodeRange* is an offset applied to the DPMs, any Idea how this work? have you ever tested it??

You are welcome

Is not a good idea to use the rx 590 nitro+ VOI, it is using a dinamic vddci and your gpu is using a fixed vddci, and some of the vaules for the vddci are in the VOI table, so using it can be risky.
You can see info about this here and here.

About ulEfuseEncodeRange it is used like a voltage offset, but only for the manual voltages, and is not working ok for decreasig volatages, as they can be lowered to much for the lower dpms and don't be stable. If you want to use manual voltages, is better to set them to the bios at FF0X values or with a software. And if you want to keep the manual mode at windows start, maybe OverdriveNTool have a way to use one profile at windows start, but I don't know how to do it.

I also have tested to lower the dpm0 voltage to 650mv, setting powerplay dpm0 and asic profiling ulMinVddc to 650mv, but the voltage is only going to 700mv, maybe there is a limit for it in the bios or at the driver.

And I have tested to lower the memory vddc voltage floor. With Less than 775mv when memory is at 2000mhz I get a black screen, so I have setted it to 800mv to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by mynm View Post
You are welcome

Is not a good idea to use the rx 590 nitro+ VOI, it is using a dinamic vddci and your gpu is using a fixed vddci, and some of the vaules for the vddci are in the VOI table, so using it can be risky.
You can see info about this here and here.

About ulEfuseEncodeRange it is used like a voltage offset, but only for the manual voltages, and is not working ok for decreasig volatages, as they can be lowered to much for the lower dpms and don't be stable. If you want to use manual voltages, is better to set them to the bios at FF0X values or with a software. And if you want to keep the manual mode at windows start, maybe OverdriveNTool have a way to use one profile at windows start, but I don't know how to do it.

I also have tested to lower the dpm0 voltage to 650mv, setting powerplay dpm0 and asic profiling ulMinVddc to 650mv, but the voltage is only going to 700mv, maybe there is a limit for it in the bios or at the driver.

And I have tested to lower the memory vddc voltage floor. With Less than 775mv when memory is at 2000mhz I get a black screen, so I have setted it to 800mv to be safe.
ayy, thanks for the tip, went back to stock VOI.
post #5283 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hi guys,today i'm play with the powerplay table and ucCKSVOffsetandDisable;in relation to this,what is the right values for raise this offsets?I try 0D,0E,0F for any dpm and i don't see a great difference on voltage,is possible use this offset for add for example +50mv or +75mv to selective dpm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5284 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by EMYHC View Post
Hi guys,today i'm play with the powerplay table and ucCKSVOffsetandDisable;in relation to this,what is the right values for raise this offsets?I try 0D,0E,0F for any dpm and i don't see a great difference on voltage,is possible use this offset for add for example +50mv or +75mv to selective dpm?
To do to work ucCKSVOffsetandDisable, ucEnableApplyAVFS_CKS_OFF_Voltage have to be setted to 1. It is 0 in rx 480/470 and 580/570 gpus, but it is 1 in 590 gpus. So by deffult it is only working for 590 gpus. Is the one that [mention}datspike highlightes in blue here.

590 gpus are using different vales for it like D, 26, or 32. It seems that is using 6.25mv step voltages and rounding it, so for example 6.25mv is 7, 12.5mv is D, 37.5mv is 26 and 50mv is 32. But it seems that if you are not useing the 6.25mv step it is rounding it to the nearest SVID2 voltage.

It is adding the offset voltage value to the default auto dpm voltage, and the ceiling for it is the usMaxVoltage_0_25mv. So you can use it to reduce or increase a determinated dpm voltage.

It is only working in auto mode, so if you are using wattman, ONT or AB to change a dmp voltage it is not working.
post #5285 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I've try another interesting value,00 01 after usMaxVoltage_0_25mv is loadline calibration for ucCKSVOffsetandDisable;set to 00 00
disable loadline and apply a fixed voltage!
No one has news about it ulaTDClimitPerDPM and ulaNoCalcVddcPerDPM?
I've play with aTDCLimitPerDPM table,sounds like auto limit TDC for DPM state,tonight i will make some test...

Last edited by EMYHC; 05-10-2019 at 08:54 AM.
post #5286 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by EMYHC View Post
I've try another interesting value,00 01 after usMaxVoltage_0_25mv is loadline calibration for ucCKSVOffsetandDisable;set to 00 00
disable loadline and apply a fixed voltage!
No one has news about it ulaTDClimitPerDPM and ulaNoCalcVddcPerDPM?
I've play with aTDCLimitPerDPM table,sounds like auto limit TDC for DPM state,tonight i will make some test...
The values after usMaxVoltage_0_25mv are two, the first 00 is ucEnableGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSOFF and the 01 is ucEnableGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSON; I think that GB is Guard Bands and CKS is clock-stretching acording to this amd pdf , and seems related to VDROOP, but I don't have tested it.

Maybe they are only disabling some other vales into the asic profiling table, like:
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSOFF_a0;
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSOFF_a1;
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSOFF_a2;
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSON_a0;
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSON_a1;
ulGB_VDROOP_TABLE_CKSON_a2;

About the ulaTDClimitPerDPM and ulaNoCalcVddcPerDPM I don't have tested them.

I also have included into OverdriveNTool registry powerplay editor the per dpm ucCKSVOffsetandDisable values, if somebody wants to test. It should work for 590 gpus or previous polaris gpus changing ucEnableApplyAVFS_CKS_OFF_Voltage to 1 into asic profiling table.

It is the 0.2.8 beta11 version, I think it have some problem with the fans profile but tede says is a driver problem, so keep it in mind. Edited: It seems that 19.5.1 Driver is solving the fans problem, so tede was right.

OverdriveNTool Release

OverdriveNTool Source code

Last edited by mynm; 05-17-2019 at 05:42 AM.
post #5287 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
It is the 0.2.8 beta11 version, I think it have some problem with the fans profile but tede says is a driver problem, so keep it in mind.

OverdriveNTool Release

You can always try my mem tweak tool, has clock/fan control as well.. (plus some extra's )

Link

Cheers!
post #5288 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Eliovp View Post
You can always try my mem tweak tool, has clock/fan control as well.. (plus some extra's )

Link

Cheers!

I know your tool, seems great to test the memory timings without flashing . But it have the same problem of the rest of software less wattman, like you can see here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/27868488-post5211.html . It don't have an auto button to apply the voltages. You know that wattman have two modes the auto and the manual one. Manual and auto mode are using different voltages, the ones all the tool are showing are the manual ones, not the auto ones. The auto mode is using an 25mv avfs range of voltages for per dpm and the manual is using a fixed voltage.

So I can't use your tool to test the timinings, because I want to use auto voltages.

What program are you using to do you tool?, is it visual studio 2019?.
post #5289 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

It is the 0.2.8 beta11 version, I think it have some problem with the fans profile but tede says is a driver problem, so keep it in mind.

OverdriveNTool Release

It seems that 19.5.1 Driver is solving the fans problem, so tede was right.
post #5290 of 5317 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter
Mr. ÜberMix

Rep: 37 (Unique: 28)
has someone tried to go lower than [email protected](Reference RX480)? Ultralow idle volts and zerofan is nice. 675mv using a -25mv offset from the OS seems fine, but 675mv via Bios is crashing when the drivers are loaded. Just curious

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in