[MOD] Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MOD] Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS

post #91 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 02:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks for your work vento! Any chance to see a 470 8g and 480 4g version?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the guide for "ANY" model

Last edited by feedtek; 01-01-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist

Rep: 52 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by feedtek View Post
Thanks for your work vento! Any chance to see a 470 8g and 480 4g version?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the guide for "ANY" model

Do not use that for a 470 (or anything else than a Shappire 480 non-reference)

Zephyr R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
(*) ATOMTableResize (*) R_Timings - Encode/Decode RX/R9 Memory Straps
(*) Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS (*) SimpleBiosDiff
(*) Extremely short guide on EDC errors (*) jYABE - Yet Another Bios Editor (early stage of development)
Bought a XFX RX 590 Fatboy! Looking for IR 35217 datasheet! Selling my Hybrid RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB.

post #93 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ok Just made some tests on a 480 4g
I think is more "serial related" but while flashing, atiflash said old bios 4G, new bios 8G. Anyway everything is fine, while reading values with polarisbioseditor the size (and model) of the ram is corect (4096). Anything to worries about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist

Quote: Originally Posted by feedtek View Post
Ok Just made some tests on a 480 4g
I think is more "serial related" but while flashing, atiflash said old bios 4G, new bios 8G. Anyway everything is fine, while reading values with polarisbioseditor the size (and model) of the ram is corect (4096). Anything to worries about it?

There might be minor stuff to look out for, like the whole VOI table and some values inside the PP table. Changing the whole VOI table will reset some mods that I've placed there so is more like a "sanity check"... You should basically use SimpleBiosDiff (check my signature) to compare the bios you are using with your original one, find out which DATA TABLES are different, and why... most of them will be clock values and other stuff, but some others may breaks things.... Probably (wild guess) right now not all your DP/HDMI/VGA/DVI ports are working (just listed one thing that may break with those kind of wild mods/adaptation).

(*) Extremely short guide on EDC errors (*) jYABE - Yet Another Bios Editor (early stage of development)
Bought a XFX RX 590 Fatboy! Looking for IR 35217 datasheet! Selling my Hybrid RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB.

post #95 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist

@feedtek

Btw would be really nice to know which card do you have (model number) and get a copy of your original bios dump. Since you are the first to ask/write about that kind of mod (at least in this thread).

post #96 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ok later i'll post differences for your knowledge. In my case i'm not interested in video output (testing on an old and dismantled mining rig, just for fun)
Regarding the mods, i was able to push vram at [email protected] (default straps), that was impossible with the old bios. That's great!
post #97 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have a problem with every bios that adds a 3rd memory state (1000mhz). My memory is stuck at max even when idle and when checking in Wattman it shows state 0 as 1250mhz, state 1 as 1250mhz and state 2 as whatever the max is. The card is Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC (1306mhz clock, I think) 4GB Hynix. Bios with only 2 mem states works ok. Any ideas?
post #98 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is it possible to get the automatic undervolting and overclocking feature of the adrenaline driver to work with the RX480 via firmwarehack?
post #99 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

double post
post #100 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist

Sorry it took me soo long to write a reply.

Quote: Originally Posted by mindtrapper View Post
I have a problem with every bios that adds a 3rd memory state (1000mhz). My memory is stuck at max even when idle and when checking in Wattman it shows state 0 as 1250mhz, state 1 as 1250mhz and state 2 as whatever the max is. The card is Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC (1306mhz clock, I think) 4GB Hynix. Bios with only 2 mem states works ok. Any ideas?
Did you added the step by yourself? Because you could have forgot to adjust some other values inside the PPtable that "tells" the GPU which state is which, resulting in weird bheaviors, I've done the same mistake when I started porting the 1000 MHz memory step on this bios.

Quote: Originally Posted by loretta80 View Post
Is it possible to get the automatic undervolting and overclocking feature of the adrenaline driver to work with the RX480 via firmwarehack?
No clue, I've never explored that driver feature sorry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in