[MOD] Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MOD] Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS

post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb101 View Post

Sounds good, so technically don't need to update then? I use the GOP/UEFI tool to add it again, no problem on that end either. I need to boot UEFI on my machine due to the environment.

Yup, do not need

Zephyr R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
(*) ATOMTableResize (*) R_Timings - Encode/Decode RX/R9 Memory Straps
(*) Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC - Better Custom BIOS (*) SimpleBiosDiff
(*) Extremely short guide on EDC errors (*) jYABE - Yet Another Bios Editor (early stage of development)
"I want an XFX RX 590 Fatboy " cit. me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Added a "MAD SCIENTIST EXPERIMENTS" if someone want to help testing some weird (possibly not working and dangerous) mods.

Keep in mind:
  • I'm not responsible for any damage (of any kind) caused to you (or your card, your loved ones, your pets or everything that is related directly or indirectly to you) in any form/way/amount from using this bios mod (or my words) in any form/way/amount
  • I will not teach you how to properly flash a bios, recover from a bad flash and/or diagnose any kind of problem

(*) Extremely short guide on EDC errors (*) jYABE - Yet Another Bios Editor (early stage of development)

post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 12:22 PM
ElectroMetalHead
Klamatiel Level 1

I have the the Rx480 Nitro+ OC, but with 4Gigs. The bios is this one : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187623/sapphire-rx480-4096-161002
I haven't found any bios for an Rx580 with Samsung memory, it's still possible to mod it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klamatiel View Post

I have the the Rx480 Nitro+ OC, but with 4Gigs. The bios is this one : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187623/sapphire-rx480-4096-161002
I haven't found any bios for an Rx580 with Samsung memory, it's still possible to mod it?
  • Downlolad my bios
  • With HxD (or similar) extract the VRAM_Info table from your bios
  • With HxD (or similar) replace the VRAM_info table in my bios with yours
  • Save
  • Open the bios with PolarisBIosEditor and click on "UPDATE CRC"
  • Flash
  • Profit

But could not work, you can easly redo my mods on your bios. Just read the thread biggrin.gif If really needed (an if you do not know how to do it) I could port this bios mod to your card.

post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 01:14 PM
hex junkie
hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vento041 View Post

Added a "MAD SCIENTIST EXPERIMENTS" if someone want to help testing some weird (possibly not working and dangerous) mods.

Keep in mind:
  • I'm not responsible for any damage (of any kind) caused to you (or your card, your loved ones, your pets or everything that is related directly or indirectly to you) in any form/way/amount from using this bios mod (or my words) in any form/way/amount
  • I will not teach you how to properly flash a bios, recover from a bad flash and/or diagnose any kind of problem

Oh, great, i'm sure they come in crowds now! biggrin.gif

Maybe we should tell them how to unbrick their card. But we won't buy a new one if anything goes wrong or it's too complicated.. you should now what you are doing, even if we don't.

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellm View Post

Oh, great, i'm sure they come in crowds now! biggrin.gif

Maybe we should tell them how to unbrick their card. But we won't buy a new one if anything goes wrong or it's too complicated.. you should now what you are doing, even if we don't.

Ok, xD you are right I shuld add a link to how recover from bad flash xD

post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 AM
Linux Lobbyist
EMYHC Level 1

Hi @Vento041 awesome bios,very compliment!I don't find the position to change values for turning off load line calibration,can you show me?thank you man!
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMYHC View Post

Hi @Vento041 awesome bios,very compliment!I don't find the position to change values for turning off load line calibration,can you show me?thank you man!

I'll add it in the next version biggrin.gif I was waiting to see if other ppl needed more settings

post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
mynm Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vento041 View Post

Keep in mind:

About the 3 VoltageObjects:

04 00 24 00 00 04 00 00 02 80 10 00 00 00 10 00 52 03 02 00 00 00 84 03 02 00 10 00 B6 03 00 80 10 00 E8 03

I don’t have a polaris gpu to test, but in my 380 that VoltageObject in my VOI and accordig to this post https://www.overclock.net/t/1561372/hawaii-bios-editing-290-290x-295x2-390-390x/2530#post_25102436 is like this:

04 00 24 00 00 04 00 00 00 80 10 00 00 00 00 00 39 03 00 80 00 00 B6 03 00 00 10 00 CF 03 00 80 10 00 4C 04 <--04 VDDCI + 00 GPIO LUT voltage + 24 usSize + ?

These values are the same values I see in the powerplay near to the memory clock named like VDDCI. So it could be some thing related to VDDCI.

I see at this 7950-7970-bios-mod-thread: https://www.overclock.net/t/1395490/ati-hd-7950-7970-bios-mod-thread , that they are using a GPIO LUT voltage table related to vddc and other HIGH_STATE_ LEAKAGE_LUT related to vddc on Voltage Objet Info table, to unlock vddc voltage.

@kahboom said there that: "there are two spots here one is the voltage you would see in a tool utility and the other is the cap".
But I don't know what is the "cap" value and the "voltage you would see in a tool utility"(I don’t know what it means):, and the LEAKAGE_LUT table is not present at 380 VOI table, so I don't know if it’s “capping vddci” or it’s "voltage you would see in a tool utility".

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahboom View Post

Voltage unlocking

In this image above notice there are two values of 6A 04 which in you reverse to 04 6A=1113 which is the decimal value or 1.113v, there are two spots here one is the voltage you would see in a tool utility and the other is the cap.

Now in the image above i have edited both the values to 64 05 which in reverse is 05 64=1380 in decimal value or 1.380v now for the software test.

Notice the image above the value for the GPU VDDC third column the max voltage is the new value, and card is throttling according to the ASIC i set for load. thumb.gif

If you are feeling brave enough to try remember to edit the checksum to avoid conflict.

I will try to test it and see if it's doing some thing.

“i'm a mad scientist!, it's so cool!”
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
AMD BIOS Alchemist
Vento041 Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynm View Post

About the 3 VoltageObjects:

“i'm a mad scientist!, it's so cool!”

Finally some documentation! Thank you! I'll read it asap.

...And nice reference xD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in