This is a pack that contains the needed BIOSes for the conversion of several cards. If you try it, please make sure you have the right ram size and type.Download(MEGA)Tested
-Sapphire RX460 Nitro+ to Sapphire RX560 Pulse (Micron memory) --> Sapphire/4G Micron folder --> CONFIRMED WORKING (See first comment here
-Gigabyte rx460 4gb to rx560 has worked in one pc. See the comments below (first page).
-Some people have reported Powercolor 2gb and msi 2gb to work with Sapphire RX560 pulse 2gb bios (Sapphire/2G Hynix folder).Untested, may work, we need to try
-Sapphire RX460 4gb single fan to Sapphire RX460 Pulse 4gb --> Sapphire/4G Micron folder
-Sapphire RX460 2gb (dual or single fan) to Sapphire RX460 Pulse 2gb --> Sapphire/2G Hynix folder
-Gigabyte RX460 (Windforce) OC 4gb/2gb to Gigabyte RX560 Gaming OC 4gb/2gb --> Gigabyte/2G Elpida or 4G Micron/Hynix folder
-MSI RX460 4gb to MSI RX560 Aero ITX 4gb --> MSI/4G Micron or Hynix folderTutorial
(remember you must run all the bats in admin mode)
1. Extract the desired folder (example: Sapphire/2G Hynix) from the zip, depending on your RX460 model and memory size/type.
2. Run backup bios.bat --> VERY IMPORTANT STEP, it's very useful to backup your stock BIOS, in case something goes wrong.
3. Are you ready? Take a deep breath and run flash RX560 bios.bat --> MAKE SURE YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT FOLDER for your GPU.
4. Restart and lets hope it works.
5. Report your experience here so we can update the tested liist with your results. Remember to write your RX460 model and folder used for the conversion.If something goes wrong
Don't worry, your card is not broken yet, we can fix this. 2 things can happen:
-Artifacts, frequent reboots, instability, etc THE CARD WORKS, BUT BAD --> go to the folder in which you ran backup bios.bat and run restore backup.bat as an admin.
-No output, THE CARD DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK --> Use your iGPU or another GPU in a second PCIE slot and flash your RX460 back to it's stock bios (which should be in the folder where you ran backup bios.bat)Explanation of files
-RX560.rom --> The needed RX560 bios for the specified AIB and RAM size/model, is different in every folder and you can see it's information by reading the next file I explain.
-BIOS info.txt --> Provides information about the RX560 BIOS that is found in that folder with a TechPowerUp database link.
-backup bios.bat --> Will backup your current BIOS to a RX460.backup file.
-RX460.backup --> In case you have used backup bios.bat, this file is your salvation in case something goes wrong.
-restore backup.bat --> Restores your GPU to it's stock BIOS (if you ran backup bios.bat)
-flash RX560 bios.bat --> Does the magic and tries to upgrade you for free to an RX560.
-AtiFlash exe and some .sys --> Files needed for this to work.