Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios - Page 136 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios

post #1351 of 1360 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
how do you install the v106 bios on amd's website for this card? I cant find any instructions anywhere

edit... nvr mind, my card already has this bios installed

Nothing! Waiting for the 9900k and 2080ti to come out

Last edited by newls1; 05-23-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1360 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 12:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by BeetleatWar1977 View Post
Won't work, wrong memory, wrong subsystem ID. The card is subsystem id locked, cannot even boot STRIX or MSI Boost firmware or such on any of them.

Even if it did, it'd only work with Pro, that is crippled, drivers, so all OC would have to be done via PP tables, and I don't even know if pro drivers support crossfire.
post #1353 of 1360 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 12:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by m70b1jr View Post
Hey! I could use some help. I just got a waterblock for my vega 56 (Custom water loop), Im using the vega64LC +142% Regedit, but the card throttles at 50c. Can i get some help?
LC bioses throttle at surprisingly low hotspot temperature, check if tweaking that up with Vega PP table editor helps. (I'll check too, why not.) But make sure to fix up the card number in registry key and to use the LC table. Alternatively flash the AIR bios and bump up the power limit, though that will still throttle at very high powers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1354 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Galactic Rebel View Post
Has anyone tried BIOS flashing a ASUS STRIX Vega 64 with a LC bios? The VRMs are firmware locked so I can't override them with PowerPlay Tables and therefor the card throttles clocks more as I get closer to the 330W max, temps never go over 50C with an aggressive fan profile and all other temps are in check as well. The card should have a dual BIOS (master & slave BIOS) so I'm considering flashing it with different BIOS, obviously this isn't a reference card so it's a bit of unknown territory but I've seen others flash their Air 64 with a LC 64 bios successfully.
Yes I've tried. Doesn't work. Have yet to flash the bad bios back to factory. Need a pc with another gpu in top slot to do it. I only have an ITX Mobo. A friend down the road should be able to help. PC just refuses to post. Bypasses gpu stage and just sits on as it if was in splash screen but no image when connected to iGPU

Main RIG: Z390-I Strix | 8086k @ 5.4Ghz | 2x16Gbs Trident Z 3733 | 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | SF600 Custom Pro Mod Cables | 2080TI | Custom Loop 240/240 HWLabs | Fractal Design Nano S
post #1355 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 29)
Bummer. If you have a 1x PCIE slot and a video card, you can modify the back of the slot to allow it to seat a 16x slot full sized card. A soldering iron to melt the plastic works.

Quote: Originally Posted by NexusVibee View Post
Has anyone tried BIOS flashing a ASUS STRIX Vega 64 with a LC bios? The VRMs are firmware locked so I can't override them with PowerPlay Tables and therefor the card throttles clocks more as I get closer to the 330W max, temps never go over 50C with an aggressive fan profile and all other temps are in check as well. The card should have a dual BIOS (master & slave BIOS) so I'm considering flashing it with different BIOS, obviously this isn't a reference card so it's a bit of unknown territory but I've seen others flash their Air 64 with a LC 64 bios successfully.
Yes I've tried. Doesn't work. Have yet to flash the bad bios back to factory. Need a pc with another gpu in top slot to do it. I only have an ITX Mobo. A friend down the road should be able to help. PC just refuses to post. Bypasses gpu stage and just sits on as it if was in splash screen but no image when connected to iGPU

post #1356 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NexusVibee View Post
Ahh that sucks, may be a dumb question but you used an official LC bios signed by AMD right? I hope you can get it back online with help from a friend, cheers.

VEN
(14 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (X470)
GPU
ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega64 8GB OC
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR)
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVMe
Hard Drive
WD Black HDD
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
Cooling
NZXT Kraken x62
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver Edition
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
AOC AGON AG241QX
Keyboard
CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Audio
HyperX Cloud Revolver
▲ hide details ▲
post #1357 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ahh that sucks, may be a dumb question but you used an official LC bios signed by AMD right? I hope you can get it back online with help from a friend, cheers.
I got it flashed back. For some reason i had to enable CSM Legacy in bios IDK why. BTW i grabbed the AMD 64 Bios off of the TechPowerUp forums so i guess it signed by AMD? It showed up in device manager and everything. Just when it is enabled it will not show a display. I ended up getting a trade for a LC v64 that clocks over 1700 which is nice

Main RIG: Z390-I Strix | 8086k @ 5.4Ghz | 2x16Gbs Trident Z 3733 | 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | SF600 Custom Pro Mod Cables | 2080TI | Custom Loop 240/240 HWLabs | Fractal Design Nano S
post #1358 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I've got problems with the latest drivers (actually starting from 19.5.x) Overclocking Radeon VII using the reg files from here crashes immediately in 3dmark. 14.x behaves fine.
Is it driver problem? Or registry offset changes?
post #1359 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:28 PM
hex junkie

Rep: 124 (Unique: 75)
Shouldn't be a problem with offsets or something like that. Just a copy of the BIOS version. If this behaviour remains with the vanilla version of the softpowerplay table, then AMD did cut it.
..though i don't believe it would crash, more like just don't work anymore..

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod | Vega PowerPlay Mod | VII PowerPlay Mod | 5700(XT) PowerPlay Mod

Last edited by hellm; 06-20-2019 at 04:16 PM.
post #1360 of 1360 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Well, it crashes mostly just when I start any game. In 5 seconds. I'm forever on 19.4.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in