Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios - Page 142 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios

post #1411 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:58 PM
hex junkie

Rep: 136 (Unique: 78)
Quote: Originally Posted by XR5777 View Post
Hello and thanks for the reply.

Can I ask, there must be a way to manually edit the p0 state of the Radeon VII seeing the MPT is editing the reg files?

Cant we create our own powerplay table with the p0 state raised to 500mhz without using MPT?

You can write a disclaimer in a simple txt file, you don't need any online installer for this program.

Is there any way you could dropbox the program extracted so I can test it out please? I don't trust the installer with all due respect, to be honest such an expert should be quite easy to create an installer with 0 flags.

Overdrive tool does the same parameters and that's clean.

Thanks again.
MorePowerTool is also clean. As i already said, i used the WinAPI to write to the registry. I don't know about ODNTool.

I already tried to explain to you, there was one single finding, from some mysterious virus scanner. Means also, over 70 other virus scanner said this file is clean. Problem was not on my end. And guess what, same file, few days later, 0 findings.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...ae68/detection

Same thing about the installer. 68 virus scanner say this file is ok. Igor says this file is ok. Or put your trust in last virus scanner VirusTotal has on their list. That is really up to you. Cheers.

PS: If there was some virus of any kind inside, someone could actually prove it. I think Igor takes this very seriously, and igorsLab wasn't hacked, and the setup file isn't compromised.

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod | Vega PowerPlay Mod | MorePowerTool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks for the reply.

Just scanned the installer again and its now 8. So it has increased by 2.

So what's the problem with uploading the extracted program?

Why are you insisting I use the installer?

Can you provide the program extracted?

You would save me so much bloody time, I have to install this on an old laptop and then wipe it just to test this out?
post #1413 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Also it looks like your MPT don't work on the 20.1.1 driver from other threads online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 02:55 PM
hex junkie

I am not the one insisting. Just don't use it. And i told u about the reason for the installer. If you want to ignore what i wrote we don't have a conversation. I don't want to repeat myself.

Now, we could try something here, get in contact with the programmer of those 6 or 8 virus scanners. Not helping them build better heuristics, but we could find a way. I also said, if there was a virus, well you can't hide it.
We will find a solution. Thank you.

Until then, i recommend you to only use the installer when the count is 0, and don't use it if there is a single finding from whomever. Please let other people decide on their own.

And "my" MPT works just fine. So does the SoftPowerPlayTable registry mod, afaik, even for the Pro W5700. Oh, and MPT is merely a GUI for that mod, nothing more.

post #1415 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hellm Im not ignoring you, not at all, I'm just trying to bypass the installer, I don't want no online installer, who am I connecting too? I don't know so that's why. Please don't take this personal, I don't understand why you would give your work to someone else to pack it, and get 8 flags, are you sure this expert can pack an installer correctly?

I would literally pay you for this program, I really would like to test MPT.

You would save me 3/4 days of hassle with an OS reformat.

In the meantime I'll do as you say, we will contact the devs of the virus scanners and see if we can get some answers.

Antiy-AVL - GrayWare/Win32.Presenoker

Grayware encompasses spyware, adware, dialers, joke programs, lie detectors, barcode scanners, remote access tools, and any other unwelcome files and programs apart from viruses that are designed to harm the performance of computers on the user's network

Cyren - W32/Trojan.VZCS-1630

Remote Hijack.

eGambit - Unsafe.AI_Score_96%

Endgame - Malicious (moderate Confidence)

Jiangmin - Trojan.Garvi.k

Garvi. is classified as a Trojan that performs activities without the user.

McAfee-GW-Edition - BehavesLike.Win32.InstallMonster.rc

Win32/InstallMonster is a type of potentially unwanted program that may install other threats when run into the computer.

Rising - PUA.Presenoker!8.F608 (CLOUD)

Win32/Presenoker is considered dangerous by lots of security experts.

Zillya - Downloader.PsDownload.Win32.435
post #1416 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 05:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

As far as I understood there's no way to enable Zero RPM on Radeon VII? I tried editing Soft PPT to enable it, but Radeon SW doesn't let me disable fans when idling
post #1417 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 07:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 420 (Unique: 294)
Quote: Originally Posted by XR5777 View Post

Hellm Im not ignoring you, not at all, I'm just trying to bypass the installer, I don't want no online installer, who am I connecting too? I don't know so that's why. Please don't take this personal, I don't understand why you would give your work to someone else to pack it, and get 8 flags, are you sure this expert can pack an installer correctly?

I would literally pay you for this program, I really would like to test MPT.

You would save me 3/4 days of hassle with an OS reformat.

In the meantime I'll do as you say, we will contact the devs of the virus scanners and see if we can get some answers.

Antiy-AVL - GrayWare/Win32.Presenoker

Grayware encompasses spyware, adware, dialers, joke programs, lie detectors, barcode scanners, remote access tools, and any other unwelcome files and programs apart from viruses that are designed to harm the performance of computers on the user's network

Cyren - W32/Trojan.VZCS-1630

Remote Hijack.

eGambit - Unsafe.AI_Score_96%

Endgame - Malicious (moderate Confidence)

Jiangmin - Trojan.Garvi.k

Garvi. is classified as a Trojan that performs activities without the user.

McAfee-GW-Edition - BehavesLike.Win32.InstallMonster.rc

Win32/InstallMonster is a type of potentially unwanted program that may install other threats when run into the computer.

Rising - PUA.Presenoker!8.F608 (CLOUD)

Win32/Presenoker is considered dangerous by lots of security experts.

Zillya - Downloader.PsDownload.Win32.435
Malwarebytes Anti-malware says this program is clean.
I think you should stop using mickey mouse anti virus programs. Mcafee? That guy stopped being relevant when he made a fool of himself in Mexico ...

@hellm I know you got asked this before, but was there a reason why you couldn't make your excellent program work with Vega cards?

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #1418 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 01:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Omg such a drama here. Mate, just.dont.use.it and stop bothering someone that developed a software for free and which is very useful by the way.

Sent from Tapatalk

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by thomasck; 01-16-2020 at 04:39 AM.
post #1419 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Is there any way to enable Zero RPM on Radeon VII? Tried editing Soft PPT - no luck
post #1420 of 1420 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:25 PM
hex junkie

On Radeons with Zero RPM we have this:

Features Tab: Zero Rpm is activated in Overdrive Limits
Overdrive Limits: Zero RPM Control is set to 1
..this should be the wattman stuff.

Fan Tab: Zero RPM Enable and start and stop temps are set.
..and that should activate Zero RPM. At least on the BIOS side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in