Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios

post #11 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Expert pin bender
dagget3450 is an unknown quantity at this point dagget3450 is an unknown quantity at this point

I probably shouldnt admit this, but i have vega fe headed my way. Should have by end of this week. Thanks to mining craze i have covered most of the cost selling my old cards. I am banking on driver fixes, and possibility of cf with rx vega... Its a gamble but for now its not costing me much, matter of fact i may buy a 1080ti also if funds permit to have both.

I am going to miss my furyx's but bitcoin has blessed resale value 290x and 390x included...

GPU i currently own: 390x/FuryX/Vega FE/RX Vega 64/1080TI - CPUs: 5960x/R7 1700/X5650x2/E5 2863/e5 2670
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:49 PM
New to Overclock.net
xkm1948 Level 1

Any of you getting the AIO version? Kinda strange none of tge AIO version cards show up in reviews

post #13 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
Meddling user
gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
jstefanop Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Sweet you have Blackcat or differing flash tool? I gotta get one wink.gif .

Nah I made one with a raspberry pi biggrin.gif
post #16 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
ratbuddy Level 1

Is anyone able to share the stock BIOS with me? Techpowerup only has the broken 58kb version, and I need a valid copy for my KVM setup - the card BIOS gets overridden when it's in slot one, and I'd need to move the card to another slot and find another card to put in slot one to dump the BIOS myself as in https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Pci_passthrough#romfile

Thanks smile.gif
post #17 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user
gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about gupsterg has a spectacular aura about

GPU-Z only supports dumping the Legacy Section of the ROM, currently.

The Legacy Section is what sets the card up.

AMD ROMs are Hybrid ie have Legacy Section with UEFI/GOP module to support "pure UEFI" environment operation.

So on a motherboard where CSM: [Disabled] the mobo UEFI ref the UEFI/GOP module, but still the Legacy Section is ref'd for card setup.
post #18 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Retired Staff
tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstefanop View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Last update: 01/07/17

VddmemLookupTable has 1350mV, no idea if this is HBM voltage or something else. Fiji did not have HBM voltage in PowerPlay, nor was it 1.2V, but 1.3V. Not read about HBM2 at all TBH, but would have expected it lower or 1.3V, perhaps AMD needed to give it a bump if this values is indeed that.

Yes memory at 945mhz is indeed running at 1.36v according to my multimeter. This will be great if we can control memory voltage in bios finally. Dont know how much safe headroom there is for HBM2. Looks like its already pushed pretty high.

1.36v? That's even higher than the Fury's HBM, which was running at 1.3. In both cases the memory should have been running at 1.2v. I wonder if that is part of the problem in bringing the card to market.

See here at 18:48:

Is your CPU bottlenecking your GPU ? Find out: CPU and GPU usage along with FPS in-game
Read my reviews here.
Clubs (founder): The rare / unusual CPU club
Clubs (member): Corsair Professional HX / AX Series PSU Owners Club || The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
CPU
Core i7-3820
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
MSI GTX 1060 6 GB Gaming X
RAM
16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 2TB
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD-RW
Power Supply
Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold
Cooling
Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P
Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Keyboard
Cooler Master Octane
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane
▲ hide details ▲

post #19 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Linux Lobbyist
brucethemoose is on a distinguished road brucethemoose is on a distinguished road brucethemoose is on a distinguished road brucethemoose is on a distinguished road brucethemoose is on a distinguished road

Some of the initial Llano APU SKUs like the 3500M could take a 33% overclock with an undervolt. They clearly shipped with waaaay too much stock voltage at every PState.

More recently, the 7950 had very conservative core/memory clocks.

Maybe something similar happened here. AMD chunked FE out the door to meet a release target, so maybe they set the HBM2 (and core?) voltage higher than necessary.

Sent from my Sig Rig
post #20 of 1294 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
jstefanop Level 1

Here is the full 256kb stock bios.

https://ufile.io/hal0t

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in