[Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread - Page 556 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread

post #5551 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hey all, not sure if this is where I should post.

I have a R5 1600 + Vega 56 water cooled setup where I used an EK Fluid Gaming A240R kit. I have noticed my 'hot spot' temperature is usually around 20-25C higher than my core temperature during gaming. e.g. 63c core, 86c hot spot

I have read here and other places where some users have the same issue and have tried remounting their cooler / waterblock where some have reported successful results and others failed results. Is this a common thing for the Vega GPU? I've tried remounting myself but still have the same issue.

My plan is to buy a 120mm expansion rad to hopefully bring down my cpu temps and gpu temps (core, hbm mainly). I don't think
this will fix the hot spot issue however.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5552 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Null

Rep: 159 (Unique: 129)
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimspoon View Post

Hey all, not sure if this is where I should post.

I have a R5 1600 + Vega 56 water cooled setup where I used an EK Fluid Gaming A240R kit. I have noticed my 'hot spot' temperature is usually around 20-25C higher than my core temperature during gaming. e.g. 63c core, 86c hot spot

I have read here and other places where some users have the same issue and have tried remounting their cooler / waterblock where some have reported successful results and others failed results. Is this a common thing for the Vega GPU? I've tried remounting myself but still have the same issue.

My plan is to buy a 120mm expansion rad to hopefully bring down my cpu temps and gpu temps (core, hbm mainly) since I don't think it will 'fix' the hot spot issue.

With my reference cooler and power limit +50% the hotspot hits over 100C while the core hovers around 75-80C. So seems normal.

By the way, how do you drain that thing? Considered getting a kit but apparently the kits don't come with fixings for a drain.

post #5553 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post

By the way, how do you drain that thing? Considered getting a kit but apparently the kits don't come with fixings for a drain.

I disconnect the tubes connected to the pump and drain as much out into a bucket/container before blowing into one of the tubes to get the rest of the liquid out.. Yes that sounds weird but it's in the manual lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5554 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Null

Rep: 159 (Unique: 129)
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimspoon View Post

I disconnect the tubes connected to the pump and drain as much out into a bucket/container before blowing into one of the tubes to get the rest of the liquid out.. Yes that sounds weird but it's in the manual lol.

Wow, talk about ghetto. Man, would it kill those guys to just put a valve and some extra connectors in there?

post #5555 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Well, finally got my Strix Vega 56 in.. Seems like it has the same current/voltage issues as the AMD blowers, limiting HBM overclocking. Anyone else have this card yet?
post #5556 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 PM
GPU Enthusiast

Rep: 191 (Unique: 143)
Anyone here play warframe and still on 17.12.1 or 17.12.2? I don't know if its just me but my pc has been bone stock for sometime and this game has been crashing randomly almost every gaming session now (1-2 times in an hour or two). Anyone with similar issues?

Steins Gate
(16 items)
CPU
i7 8700k
Motherboard
EVGA Z390 Dark
GPU
Radeon 7
RAM
2x8GB DDR4 3600 c17 @ 4300 c19 2T
Hard Drive
960 Evo
Hard Drive
850 Evo
Power Supply
EVGA 750w G2
Cooling
Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct
Case
Fractal Design S2
Monitor
Acer ed323qur
Keyboard
CM MK Pro S
Mouse
G703
Mousepad
Logitech Powerplay
Audio
Polk tsi 100
Audio
HD518
Audio
Topping MX3
▲ hide details ▲
post #5557 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

I got an Alphacool Eisbear 420 for my Ryzen 7 and I also picked up the Alphacool Eiswolf Gpu cooler (minus the Radiator) and added it into the Eisbear Loop. Vega FE temps never go over 42C now.
post #5558 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

Guys, can you please check if there's still a problem when accessing VRM sensors on RX Vega using the latest v17.12.2 drivers ?
AMD seems to think they improved something in those drivers..
Note that if you use HWiNFO v5.70, you will need to enable the "GPU I2C Support Force" option to access the VRMs.

I´m on 18.1.1 - no Problems yet......

but got anther one, that i had forgotten to report.....

I´m running a Corsair commander Pro here and every time i start HWinfo i must close the linksoftware and restart it in admin-mode.....
post #5559 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 29)
I need corsair link to keep AIO pump on full speed and not sure if its the culprit, but I tried latest Hwinfo64 beta and 3dmark froze before running the test. Afterburner seems to play nice with new 18 alpha driver. 64 LC and also I see the VRMs with the stock BIOS as opposed to only with 8774.

post #5560 of 7682 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:29 PM
HWiNFO Author

Rep: 265 (Unique: 109)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleatWar1977 View Post

I´m on 18.1.1 - no Problems yet......

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep me updated if it will remain stable or crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleatWar1977 View Post

but got anther one, that i had forgotten to report.....

I´m running a Corsair commander Pro here and every time i start HWinfo i must close the linksoftware and restart it in admin-mode.....

Oh Corsair... Their CorsairLink software cannot work with any other monitoring tool, otherwise it can break the communication. There's a simple way how to synchronize with other software, which is used by HWiNFO and several other tools (which play nice with Corsair devices), except Corsair. We proposed them to implement this simple solution, they started to work on that, but didn't implement it properly. Instead they wrote documents, specifications about this, rather than adding just a few lines of code into their software. Their initial implementation was buggy and caused even more troubles. But it was easy to fix, just a few lines of code.. Well, after several months passed they finally decided to remove this synchronization completely... Why? ehm....
It's offtopic, just wanted to explain this, so users know a bit background about how some companies work...
Anyway, then next HWiNFO Beta build will include a switch, which will disable access to Corsair devices.

HWiNFO Author

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in