[Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread - Page 758 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread

post #7571 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:52 AM
Mmmm donuts.....

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
Apparently it's installed to /Program Files (x86)/Common Files/

You can check to see where it is on your PC.

It looks like BattleEye also had crashing issues during the "Insider" release for 1903, but this was resolved.
Yup i have it installed there without issues, only game that uses it for me is Siege but updated without any issues. Haven't seen it crash in Siege but that game has crazy lag and frame rate drop for me all of a sudden.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz CL16
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7572 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Not new anymore

Rep: 35 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
Many people reporting that BattlEye has been causing the upgrade error for 1903.

Need to check that later, gpu is currently out for new thermal paste.
Quote: Originally Posted by VicsPC View Post
Yup i have it installed there without issues, only game that uses it for me is Siege but updated without any issues. Haven't seen it crash in Siege but that game has crazy lag and frame rate drop for me all of a sudden.
Well, I have Siege and BattleEye installed on my OS SSD and I have none of these issues. Upgrading to 1903 even fixed a weird issue I had with Afterburner, where it would just shut down when I opened Siege, so I had to Alt+Tab out of Siege and restart it, otherwise my fan curve wouldn't apply and my card would quickly reach 80C due to it being overclocked. Granted, I'm not using a Vega card, but I don't think there should be a difference regarding this.

Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Asus Maximus VII Formula, MSI R9 390x, Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.8GHz cooled by a Corsair H110. Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb @ 2400MHz CL10 1.6V, EVGA SuperNova 1300G2, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB
post #7573 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:41 AM
Mmmm donuts.....

Quote: Originally Posted by tolis626 View Post
Well, I have Siege and BattleEye installed on my OS SSD and I have none of these issues. Upgrading to 1903 even fixed a weird issue I had with Afterburner, where it would just shut down when I opened Siege, so I had to Alt+Tab out of Siege and restart it, otherwise my fan curve wouldn't apply and my card would quickly reach 80C due to it being overclocked. Granted, I'm not using a Vega card, but I don't think there should be a difference regarding this.
I have the same issue with ab and siege. I just launch siege then launch afterburner anyways, ill try it now and see if it did fix it.

Edit: Yup seems fixed for me as well.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7574 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 823 (Unique: 636)
I replaced the TIM and thermal pads on my reference Vega 64 for Thermal Grizzly stuff. This is my totally unscientific back of a cigarette box before/after data, tested on BFV on toughest graphical map (Twisted Steel) at roughly same ambient temps:

Stock TIM/thermal pads:

Max GPU Diode: 68c (Average: 59.6c)
Max GPU Hotspot: 83c (Average: 74.8c)
Max GPU Memory: 75c (Average: 67.3c)

With TG Kryonaut + TG Minus Pad 8:

Max GPU Diode: 62c (Average: 54.4c)
Max GPU Hotspot: 81c (Average: 70.5c)
Max GPU Memory: 68c (Average: 61c)

So, there was a decent drop across the board, give or take a bit for variations in my totally not scientific testing. However, hotspot remains relatively high which what I was aiming to reduce.

Thoughts? I don't have enough stuff left to reseat and I think perhaps that is just the limitation of the chips heatspreader and there isn't much more TIM can do (in terms of high hot spot). Then again, perhaps I am over stating how bad the temps are?

EDIT: The grand question, was it worth it?

No.

Just take a poo on his lawn, that'll sort it. Then say his slutty daughter did it. - ace8uk (2017)

Last edited by andrews2547; 05-25-2019 at 01:42 PM.
post #7575 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:51 AM
486DX2 66

Rep: 211 (Unique: 126)
Thats a very good improvement, though I would have gone with a benchmark for a more reliable load to compare. The changes in memory and average gpu temps are significant.

Those are good hotspot numbers. All you can do is attempt to reapply the paste repeatedly until you find a lucky fit, but it's not likely.

Can't hear my delta fans over my Death Metal crew
The sound of fallingWhen the pictures are movingBetween the memories
I Just Found Out My PCs Have A Power Button. Meh, Still Not Shutting Down Club Member #00001
Ban Thread Bot
(19 items)
HAF Baked
(16 items)
M-M-Monster Kill
(13 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Asus z97 Pro WIFI AC
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
16GB 'Team Pook' Xtreem DDR3
Hard Drive
250GB Samsung Evo 840
Hard Drive
2 x 3 TB Western Digital Black Sata 6gb/s
Hard Drive
2 TB WD Green
Power Supply
Corsair HX850
Cooling
Corsair H100i
Case
Corsair 900D
Operating System
Windows 7
Operating System
Ubuntu
Monitor
LG 27UD58P-B
Monitor
AOC g2770pqu
Monitor
Sony Bravia 40"
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance M65
Mouse
Gigabyte Ghost Extreme Accuracy
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi
CPU
FX 8320
Motherboard
Asus
GPU
Sapphire Tri-X 290
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 1600
Hard Drive
Corsair Forse LS SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Optical Drive
Asus 24x DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
CM Hyper 212 Evo
Case
Cooler Master HAF 922
Operating System
Debian 9 & Win7
Monitor
Asus VH236H
Keyboard
Ancient Dell Mechanical
Mouse
Corsair MX65
Mouse
CPU
Pentium III
Motherboard
Intel SE440BX-2
GPU
GeForce MX 440 AGP 8X
RAM
Viking PC133 SDRAM
RAM
Viking PC133 SDRAM
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar 39000
Optical Drive
LG DVD/RW
Cooling
Stock
Operating System
Windoze 98
Audio
Sound Blaster Pro2
Audio
Sound Blaster 16
Audio
Sound Blaster Live!
▲ hide details ▲

post #7576 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Serious_Don View Post
Thats a very good improvement, though I would have gone with a benchmark for a more reliable load to compare.

Those are good hotspot numbers. All you can do is attempt to reapply the paste repeatedly until you find a lucky fit, but it's not likely.
Thanks for confirming. I suppose I didn't really know what to expect. So, if that is good, i'm happy. You're right, benchmark figures probably would have been better, but it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing as summer temps dawn!

I think i'll leave it as is, taking it apart again would probably mean requiring more thermal pads since they tend to rip... and with no guarentee hot spot would get better. It's likely just the limit of the chip heatspreader.

Just take a poo on his lawn, that'll sort it. Then say his slutty daughter did it. - ace8uk (2017)

post #7577 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Mmmm donuts.....

Quote: Originally Posted by Serious_Don View Post
Thats a very good improvement, though I would have gone with a benchmark for a more reliable load to compare. The changes in memory and average gpu temps are significant.

That might help but case airflow will help hotspot temps way more. Mine reaches around 60°C or so on water with ambient of around 23°C. Id love to try dif pads and see what i can get temps down too, i think next time i refill my loop i might give it a go.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲
post #7578 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

That might help but case airflow will help hotspot temps way more. Mine reaches around 60°C or so on water with ambient of around 23°C. Id love to try dif pads and see what i can get temps down too, i think next time i refill my loop i might give it a go.
That would make sense. I'm using a really old Corsair 800d case which has pretty poor air cooling capability. It only has a single intake from the bottom.

Also, regarding Windows 1903, deleting BattlEye from services and Common Files fixed it and I was able to upgrade without an issue.

post #7579 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:58 AM
486DX2 66

Rep: 211 (Unique: 126)
I had similar temps under water (probably faster heat transfer and overall lower temps surrounding the hot spots) but once I swapped back to the reference cooler my hot spot temps were getting back to 80-90. Re-applying paste would vary it a bit but I absolutely cannot get those numbers to come down anymore without undervolting. This is in a corsair 900D with enough fan power to make it levitate . I've seen so many people with hot spots reporting over 100-110C and nothing they could do besides undervolt would fix it, maybe it's caused by variations in the HBM height on those cards without the resin leveling it all out.. who knows.

I'm sure 80C hot spots are nothing to worry about though, just saying these temps are on the good side of normal for air cooled.

Can't hear my delta fans over my Death Metal crew
The sound of fallingWhen the pictures are movingBetween the memories
I Just Found Out My PCs Have A Power Button. Meh, Still Not Shutting Down Club Member #00001
Ban Thread Bot
(19 items)
HAF Baked
(16 items)
M-M-Monster Kill
(13 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Asus z97 Pro WIFI AC
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
16GB 'Team Pook' Xtreem DDR3
Hard Drive
250GB Samsung Evo 840
Hard Drive
2 x 3 TB Western Digital Black Sata 6gb/s
Hard Drive
2 TB WD Green
Power Supply
Corsair HX850
Cooling
Corsair H100i
Case
Corsair 900D
Operating System
Windows 7
Operating System
Ubuntu
Monitor
LG 27UD58P-B
Monitor
AOC g2770pqu
Monitor
Sony Bravia 40"
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance M65
Mouse
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi
CPU
FX 8320
Motherboard
Asus
GPU
Sapphire Tri-X 290
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 1600
Hard Drive
Corsair Forse LS SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Optical Drive
Asus 24x DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
CM Hyper 212 Evo
Case
Cooler Master HAF 922
Operating System
Debian 9 & Win7
Monitor
Asus VH236H
Keyboard
Ancient Dell Mechanical
Mouse
Corsair MX65
Mouse
CPU
Pentium III
Motherboard
Intel SE440BX-2
GPU
GeForce MX 440 AGP 8X
RAM
Viking PC133 SDRAM
RAM
Viking PC133 SDRAM
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar 39000
Optical Drive
LG DVD/RW
Cooling
Stock
Operating System
Windoze 98
Audio
Sound Blaster Pro2
Audio
Sound Blaster 16
Audio
Sound Blaster Live!
▲ hide details ▲

post #7580 of 7628 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi guys.

I applied Under Voltage to my video card. I was using it smoothly. But my card is no longer responding to UV. I can't maintain stability when I change P6, P7 and HBM settings.

My settings were as follows;

P6 1450Mhz / 960Mv
P7 1550Mhz / 1050Mv
HBM 945Mhz / 960Mv
Power Limit +50

I have used these values for months. I had no problems. But now my card is not stable. In the Valley test, the GPU speed drops to 1200Mhz.
My HBM Memory speed is fixed to 945 Mhz and sometimes falls to 800 MHz.
What should I do for a stable UV value?

By the way;

My card is running smoothly in Power Saving, Balanced or Turbo modes in Radeon settings.
My goal is to maintain speed and reduce voltages.

Intel Core i7 5775C Broadwell-C CPU | Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Mainboard | G.Skill RipjawsX 4x8 GB DDR3 2400 Mhz RAM | ASUS STRIX Radeon VEGA64 OC GPU | Samsung 950 Pro 256gb M.2 V-NAND SSD | 2 x Western Digital Blue 4TB HDD | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB CPU Cooler | Xigmatek Tauro G 750W 80+ Gold PSU | Cooler Master MasterBox 5 RGB Case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in