[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580 - Page 101 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580

post #1001 of 1006 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
mynm Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by hellm View Post
Done, added in FAQ so far.. Hopefully you didn't left something, only scanned your post.. but i am grateful for any donation here

I made at least VDDCI (thx @mynm ) now accessible through post#3.. will make it nice someday..
The way to change the vddci depends of the gpu.

The post that you have linked is only one of the ways to modify the vddci, it seems to be only for gpus with none dynamic vddci.

I see, and I have explained in this thread, two more ways to modify it if gpus haves dynamic vddci.

If you see into the VOI vddci control by svid2, you can modify it with the powerplay values.

If you see GPIO control, you can modify it in the VOI.

But according to one Buildzoid's video, it seems that is risky to increase it. So maybe this is only safe if it is reduced.

I will try to explain again, but i am busy.

I have now the new 590 nitro and seems to work ok. It have a lower ASIC quality, 67.7%, so it cames with 1.206v for the dpm 3... instead of 1.181v for the dpm 4. And is using 1.2v instead of 1.15v. I have no idea how it can come like this...

Sapphire technical sopport seems to see this ok, so I will try to mod the bios to solve the problem. I can not believe that I have to this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1002 of 1006 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
hex junkie
hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about

np, i will leave a note.. thx, again, and yeah, busy times

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
post #1003 of 1006 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
elises1 Level 1

Hallo @hellm ,
first of all thank you for the great work, it is much appreciated.
I have a RX 480 Nitro+ 4G which I managed to flash with your modded BIOS I found on the first page (first post).
To be honest I did update the GOP using Lordkag GOPupd tool before flashing it and it went well (the tool "repaired" some sort of discrepancy on the BIOS as well).
I enjoyed the lower heat and consumption at ildle but am a bit worried about the current draw of the GPU at full power:
I measure power consumption at the 240v socket and during Superposition testing the power is some 250 Watts more than idle. With a 80+ PSU this means about 200 watts going into the GPU (plus the power it drains when idle). with a 6+2 pin plug that's "just" ok (150W from the cable and 70W from PCIE rail) but don't feel confident.
is there a more conservative BIOS available? should I start from scratch off my original RX 480 BIOS?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1004 of 1006 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
hex junkie
hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about

lordkag's GOPupd tool is very useful , and it can also update with the patched GOP version; this is the magic verion from post#3. i guess the discrepany is because it was a patched gop version before.

i explained it a few pages ago. Measurement isn't really taking place on a hardware level, and even the 480 BIOS will show exact the same higher values as a real 580 BIOS does. And, only Afterburner reads the same values which the controller sees, and even them are of by 10-20%. So, better disable power limit and pick a voltage/clockrate the card will sustain with the given cooling.
Nothing we could do here. If you aren't sure what the card uses, i can only recommend a DDM with a clamp. VRM works as before, only some slightly difference in power management, nothing else.

the more conservative BIOS would be from post#2 or just like that if you follow post#3. If you want to use the BIOS from #2, you have to copy over the vram info table. Just copy and paste over the one found in the BIOS file. Use ATOMBIOSreader to figure out start and length, then copy from #1 4GB to the 8GB version from #2. correct crc afterwards (see post#3), done.

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod

Last edited by hellm; 02-03-2019 at 09:57 AM.
post #1005 of 1006 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
mynm Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by mynm View Post
I don' t know what to do, this one is the SE 1560 version with hynx memory https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...90-8192-181113 but it have the same buld date as mine, I will try to see diferences between the bioses with Vento041's SimpleBiosDiff.

This is the 1545 bios one for the SE and hynx: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...-8192-181113-2 ,it only have some changes into powerplay, usCKSVOffsetandDisable is 26 in my bios and 0D in the SE one, and TDP and TDC related values are slightly higher in my bios.

I think is better to wait for the support response, to see if they have a better bios.

Edited: the diferences between the 1560 SE bios and mine are usCKSVOffsetandDisable to 0D, the clocks, some fans tables values and higher TDP and TDC related values. Also TV_VideoMode/DispOutInfo is different, but I have no idea for what it is used. Also seems to have more values added at the beginning of the bios, but the Vento041's tool don't see these differences.

I have no idea what usCKSVOffsetandDisable vales are doing.

Edited: Sapphire support suggest me to contact with the shop, so I am going to return the gpu and ask for a new one.
I have tested what is doing usCKSVOffsetandDisable, if it is increased is increasing some kind of minimun "AVFS voltage VID" (I don't if is AVFS or other thing).

My default value for it is 26, with it my voltage, if I set powerlimt to + 20% to get a constant clock of 1545, is between 1.18v and 1.212v and most of the time to 1.2v.

I have tested the 590 niro+ SE 1545mhz bios that have D for this value, and the min voltage is lowered to like 1.16v, so my gpu is not stable.

With it to 0 the minimun is 1.15v.

With it to 32 is between 1.2v and 1.212v, I see some droops to 1.16v, but most of the time is 1.212v.

If I set the powerlimt to +20% my gpu is not stable, with 0 seems to be stable. So to get a constant and stable 1545mhz it seems I need to increase usCKSVOffsetandDisable to see less voltage drop. I have to test if with it to 32 is enough.

I have no idea if this is only working with 590 gpus, that I see is needing the driver patch to mod the bios, or if it can work with 580 gpus, that have this value setted to 0, afaik.

I think that Vega haves aswell the usCKSVOffsetandDisable value, but I don't know what is the default value for it.

Other thing I see is that using wattman not auto voltage or OverdriveNTool to change the voltages, is not using a this range of voltages.

Edited:

I see Vega haves usCKSVOffsetandDisable and a usAVFSOffset values, so maybe it is not a AVFS offset for the 590.

00 00 USHORT usCKSVOffsetandDisable; /* Bits 0~30: Voltage offset for CKS, Bit 31: Disable/enable for the GFXCLK level. */
00 00 USHORT usAVFSOffset; /* AVFS Voltage offset */ }

Could be intersting to test these values en Vega.

Last edited by mynm; 02-08-2019 at 05:06 AM.
post #1006 of 1006 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 03:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
mynm Level 1

The forum seems broken since my last post here, maybe with this post it will be ok.

With all the usCKSVOffsetandDisable vales to 32 +20% seems stable.

About my pc problems, I had a blue screen and the dump is similar to this one: https://community.amd.com/thread/226266 that says it is a AUEPMaster.exe problem, and acording to this: https://community.amd.com/thread/233629 is used for "AMD User experience Program". So I have removed 19.1.2 drivers and installed 18.12.1.1 without checking it.
Seems to work, but I also have removed two ram sticks, and I am using the other two to 1333mhz, because one person with my same MB had this problem with the ram.
Also I don't have wattman activated, because I see that with it activated in 19.12.1.1 drivers, the max memory frecuency is sometimes been lowered to 1750mhz fron 2000mhz, so it can cause instability.

I haven't had problems in three days, but I have to test this more days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in