[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580 - Page 103 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580

post #1021 of 1022 (permalink) Unread 05-13-2019, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Greetings hellm, I got a POWERCOLOR RED DEVIL RX 480/8GB, I downloaded and flashed your Original 480-580 bios mod, did some benchmark and looks stable, But when Idle I see that the sensors from Radeon Overlay, GpuZ and HwInfo shows that when idle is constant 30W. Is that normal? Even tho I'm going to attatch some screenshots. Thanks in advance, and great work for all these years with it.

EDIT: I tested the bios with games and after 10-15min of gameplay the textures in-game started to fail, they show terrain, dust, snow, etc in other colors, and some characters too, roof and lights started to flick and shine a lot so i had to flash back the stock Bios. What could be causing this in the mod bios?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	descarga.png
Views:	4
Size:	465.9 KB
ID:	269642  

Attached Images

Last edited by BlackGarnett; 05-15-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1022 (permalink) Unread 05-18-2019, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
hex junkie

Rep: 123 (Unique: 74)
hey, sorry my answer took a while..

@mynm12345
no idea. But i suggest to keep the temp below that value, temp limits are there for a reason. Also take a look at your VRM temperature.

@adiif1
the answer is in the thread, sorry i can't say on what page.. look for IMC voltage, because that second voltage is a voltage floor, can't go under that value with your vcore.

@BlackGarnett
same here, your answers are in the thread, i suggest to read it backwards and search for power limit or something. The 30% is indeed a software bug, and there are more infos about temperature, power limits and so on. I made sure the VRM is working as it should, so any change would be through different voltage and power limit, at least at maximum load.

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod | Vega PowerPlay Mod | VII PowerPlay Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in