[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 -> RX570/RX580

post #21 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
hex junkie
hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about

this is a different bios than. what i used; and i know pretty sure i used the right one, the HIS is almost the same, and i had many people downloading it, no issues; and this one also has support for hynix ram..
also mine came not from tpu, i think someone send me that file..

i don't have the time right now, i will look into this next week; but it seems u have found another card. post#3 will work for you, but i don't have a file right now.

Comandante R.B.R.T. (Red BIOS Rebellion Team)
Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
jdraco Level 1

Mine is the black edition of the gtr, guess thats what made the bios have a slight difference. But theoretically my black edition is just a better binned normal gtr isnt it?
post #23 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
hex junkie
hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about hellm has a spectacular aura about

It's not a thing about binning, BIOS stays the same for XXX and BE, only clockrates are different.
And i still don't know what card you have, maybe XFX switched the GTR and made a BIOS with Hynix memory support, but it shouldn't be there. clockrates fit, yes, but the voi table is different. And it is different than any of the XFX GTR BIOS versions found on tpu.

where did you bought your card and when?

Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
jdraco Level 1

Bought it this year early april in singapore. Probably a model directly imported from hongkong.
post #25 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net
jdraco Level 1

My card has samsung memory your wondering
post #26 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
hex junkie

i see. well, this is one of the special special versions traded in china only. Many manufacturers do that, but you don't have a GTR BE, you have a special GTR BE.

i'm sorry, my conversions don't fit. but you can mod your BIOS yourself, as seen in post#3.

Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
post #27 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 03:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
jdraco Level 1

I will try that, once im done with it i will post ithere incase anyone needs it.
post #28 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 01:23 AM
New to Overclock.net
jdraco Level 1

i tried making a bios using the tutorial on post 3, the results is exactly the same as the xfx 580 original bios, weird 28watt idle and almost instant crash in a intensive game.
post #29 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
hex junkie

that is really odd. so far, every 470/480 had no problem with it, afaik. It is always the same GPU, and your BIOS has the same identy code: F0 7D C6 07

you cleaned your system with DDU?

Polaris BIOS Mod
Vega PowerPlay Mod
VII PowerPlay Mod
post #30 of 1006 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 AM
New to Overclock.net
rastaeyes Level 1

I've spent some more time figuring this out and I have an idea of what I would like to do, but I have a couple questions as to if it will work.

I was looking at the different BIOS to modify the vcore, and you say "In addition, this value needs to be adjusted, not too far away:
8A 00 F1 FF FF FF F8 11" but I could only find this value in the 480 BIOS, and it wasn't in the official 580 BIOS or the BIOS you uploaded here for the MSI Gaming X. Where can I find it, or what is the changed value?

So next I'm going to try changing the powertune settings with PBE to see how it behaves (wattage/voltage) with different limits set.

Is it possible to write the official 580 GOP back over the BIOS you have provided here? I would like to do this because I prefer having secureboot/uefi turned on, and on some systems the graphics card may become incompatible.

Also, in the BIOS you uploaded, are the memory timings using uber mix, or are they set as stock?

Thank you for all you work, and help here! smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in