[Official] AMD Radeon VII Owner's Club - Page 159 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] AMD Radeon VII Owner's Club

post #1581 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 08:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 26)
I'm having a ton of issues with my VII. Can't find stable drivers to save my life. Card has games crashing constantly- just BOOP back to desktop, as if I'd closed the application. Yet I can run furmark for an hour and nothing of note happens other than I heat up the room I'm in. I've tried feeding it more voltage, even up to 1050mV, but I always C2D in BFV and Battlefront II.

Shoot, even an easy to run game like FTL gets a C2D every now and again. Not sure what to do, tbh. With BFV I notice the textures start to flicker about a minute before a crash, but with the others it is totally random.

AyyMD
(15 items)
DooM Ripper
(13 items)
X58 Lazarus
(12 items)
CPU
Threadripper 2950X
Motherboard
Asrock X399 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII @ 1801MHz 1021mV
RAM
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14
Hard Drive
3x 512GB NVMe m.2 SSD in Raid 0
Hard Drive
1TB Sata SSD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000W G2
Cooling
AMD Wraith Ripper
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C White
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
LG 32'' 1440p 144Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K68 RGB
Mouse
Corsair Glaive RGB
Mousepad
Corsair Mouse Mat
Audio
Corsair HS70 SE Wireless
CPU
Threadripper 1950X @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard
ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6
GPU
PowerColor Radeon 5700XT Red Devil
RAM
32GB Corsair DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
Crucial 256GB M.2 Sata SSD
Hard Drive
Inland 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD
Power Supply
Seasonic 850W Gold
Cooling
Deepcool Fryzen
Case
Maingear Vybe RGB Red
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Monitor
LG 27'' 4k Freesync
Keyboard
Logitech G613
Mouse
Logitech G602
CPU
Intel Xeon X5675 @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Gene X58 mATX
GPU
Gigabyte Aorus RX570 4GB
RAM
24GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 Triple-Channel
Hard Drive
240GB PNY SSD
Hard Drive
480GB PNY SSD
Power Supply
PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer III
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S
Case
Fractal Design Define Mini C TG
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Monitor
Acer 48'' 2160p HDR
Keyboard
Logitech K830
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1582 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by PriestOfSin View Post
I'm having a ton of issues with my VII. Can't find stable drivers to save my life. Card has games crashing constantly- just BOOP back to desktop, as if I'd closed the application. Yet I can run furmark for an hour and nothing of note happens other than I heat up the room I'm in. I've tried feeding it more voltage, even up to 1050mV, but I always C2D in BFV and Battlefront II.
In my experience, if the overclock crashes, you get a reboot. If game crashes... First check with another heavy game.
As for the drivers, try to clean with this utility and install 19.4.2.
https://www.amd.com/ru/support/kb/faq/gpu-601
post #1583 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by PriestOfSin View Post

Shoot, even an easy to run game like FTL gets a C2D every now and again. Not sure what to do, tbh. With BFV I notice the textures start to flicker about a minute before a crash, but with the others it is totally random.
As the other user suggested try 19.4.2 or even 19.5.2. how's the rest of your system? Cpu/ram oc? Are you getting crashes even at 1800/1000/stock voltages? Bf5 is pretty sensitive to unstable oc, specially ram.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1584 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 04:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I’ve got a weird issue happening to me. Happened earlier when I was tweaking and I thought it was only a one time thing:
I was playing a game when I got some big graphical artefacts. I opened Wattman to check if my drivers had crashed, which wasn’t the case. But my voltage was set to a TERRIBLE setting! 1350Mv. I pressed the Reset button asap. I forgot to check the history graph to see if those levels had been reached.
Any idea what this is??

Thanks!!
post #1585 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 04:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by tchit View Post
I’ve got a weird issue happening to me. Happened earlier when I was tweaking and I thought it was only a one time thing:
I was playing a game when I got some big graphical artefacts. I opened Wattman to check if my drivers had crashed, which wasn’t the case. But my voltage was set to a TERRIBLE setting! 1350Mv. I pressed the Reset button asap. I forgot to check the history graph to see if those levels had been reached.
Any idea what this is??

Thanks!!
I have this issue on 19.7.5 and it is really nightmare. I use afterburner to apply overclock on startup to avoid this.
I may fall back to 19.4.2
post #1586 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Jesaul View Post
I have this issue on 19.7.5 and it is really nightmare. I use afterburner to apply overclock on startup to avoid this.

I may fall back to 19.4.2

Scary ****! Do you know 100% if the voltage is really raised that much or if this is a visual bug?
post #1587 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by tchit View Post
Scary ****! Do you know 100% if the voltage is really raised that much or if this is a visual bug?
I don't dare to check. My settings allow me to raise it further and ... peeep... afterburner has stopped showing gpu voltage in the parameters(not graphs).
post #1588 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

I don't dare to check. My settings allow me to raise it further and ... peeep... afterburner has stopped showing gpu voltage in the parameters(not graphs).

It was the first time I experimented graphical glitches in this game so it may be due to a raise in voltage. I think there is a security that prevents overvoltage and resets the card to stock frequency. I didn’t check but maybe this happened. I didn’t have hwinfo started so no history.

Do you think this only happens at reboot? Or it can happen any time? I hate this type of issues. This is my first AMD card and I’m very happy with the hardware, not so much with software.
post #1589 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

It definitely happens after reboot. And almost always for me. I found that bug 2 days ago. And I did not have time to rollback yet to older driver to check.
post #1590 of 1648 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

It definitely happens after reboot. And almost always for me. I found that bug 2 days ago. And I did not have time to rollback yet to older driver to check.

Fwi I’m on 19.5.2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in