Red Dragon 56 to 64 Bios Flash - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Red Dragon 56 to 64 Bios Flash

Old 01-20-2019, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
kahboom Level 1

Red Dragon 56 to 64 Bios Flash

Before trying to flash make sure you have samsung memory or this will not work for your Red Dragon card. I used the latest Sapphire Nitro+ 64 Bios dated 2018 and flashed on the bios to the left or closest to the back of the card by the display ports. When flashing i created a back-up which is labeled "bios" no .rom just "bios" this is important. At first i bricked the original bios and keep trying to figure out how to flash back on the left bios as it was giving an error of system id mismatch after, also i created a CMD command window in the same file as the ATIFlash 2.84 folder to use just like the old school dos flash method. Reason being i flashed a reference bios on my Red Dragon which did not work. I was able to flash back by a combination of things it seemed.
First i created a copy of the CMD file in the atiflash folder, then i disabled ULPS, i also booted off my IGD or integrated graphics while card was still plugged in, also set bios switch to right side bios to get into windows, even when booting off IGD if the bios is no good the mouse was unresponsive so set to right side till you get into windows and it loads. I went to ATIFlash folder and right clicked on atiflash and set to "run as administrator" then closed out the window, then clicked on CMD and did the same thing "run as administrator" still set on fixing my Left side bios i then after loading windows set the bios to the left side, now that CMD is open i clicked in the box and entered the following command "atiflash -f -p 0 bios" No ".rom" so again it was just "atiflash -f -p 0 bios" please note that the bios file must be renamed "bios" with no ".rom" at the end of the file if your trying to flash it, since i didn't know if this would work at first i just renamed the latest Sapphire Nitro+ 64 bios "bios" then flashed that and it was successful. Both HDMI ports are working, don't have display port plugs to check if those work. Basically doing this got me around the "Error 0FL01" when flashing. Also fixed my Left bios so both bios work fine now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bios fix.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	248214  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Dragon Flashed 64 Bios.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	451.4 KB
ID:	248224  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2019, 12:30 AM
New to Overclock.net
enigma7820 Level 1

I just picked up one of these cards today! What gains do I get by flashing to a vega 64 bios? Is it worth it? I have ATI Flash and the vega 64 bios already just scared to pull the trigger and found some information on this, but not enough to be convinced yet. Look forward to your response back.

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gif
post-flame-small.gif[=]_.=5 GHz Overclock Club=._[/]post-flame-small.gif
Old 02-05-2019, 12:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
BLUuuE Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post
I just picked up one of these cards today! What gains do I get by flashing to a vega 64 bios? Is it worth it? I have ATI Flash and the vega 64 bios already just scared to pull the trigger and found some information on this, but not enough to be convinced yet. Look forward to your response back.
You just get 1.35v HBM voltage vs 1.25v on the V56 BIOS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 04:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
enigma7820 Level 1

I keep getting Id mismatch when I try to flash, are we still able to flash these cards to 64 or is it blocked now? If not blocked can i get the info on how to do it, searched everywhere found a few threads but it didnt help.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
BLUuuE Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post
I keep getting Id mismatch when I try to flash, are we still able to flash these cards to 64 or is it blocked now? If not blocked can i get the info on how to do it, searched everywhere found a few threads but it didnt help.
How are you flashing it?

Try flashing it via command line.
Code:
atiwinflash -f -p 0 bios.rom

Old 02-06-2019, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net
enigma7820 Level 1

Thx for the reply I might try that. Having a hard time deciding if I should or not. I seem to have above average silicon and my card has samsung memory as well. So far the most I can get on ram without any voltage change is 950mhz, and core I have worked upto 1662. Ran every benchmark and play all my games, this card is amazing so far! Max temp on GPU is 62c on the most demanding tasks and 72c on hbm. Love the triple fan card and awesome red dragon logo lol. By the way my core is at only 1050mv at 1662

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in