RX 5700 Won't Post on x570 Aorus Pro wifi? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

RX 5700 Won't Post on x570 Aorus Pro wifi?

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
RX 5700 Won't Post on x570 Aorus Pro wifi?

I've been playing with the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro Wifi today got my test bench all Booted up and most things are great for the most part but I can't get the Radeon RX 5700 to post on the board. I did once or twice, windows blue screens at launch and said "Video Scheduler Internal Error"

Now a few things,my 5700 has a modded cooler on it. I might think I did something to the card but I've tested it after having the issues on the Aorus Pro Wifi in 3 systems. A EVGA X299 7820x system, a TR 2950x Asus Zenith Extreme System and on the Asrock Taichi x470 system using the 3700x and they all work and run firestrike without issue.

I can also confirm that the Radeon Vii, an RX 580 and a GTX 980ti all work on the x570 board with out issues.

Wondering if this is some sort of PCIE Gen 4 thing? I thought I heard of some issue with video card support and PCIE Gen 4 on Ryzen but I can't track down where I heard that.

I also updated the bios to the F4D and that didn't do anything.

Anyone else having problems getting the new AMD cards working on the new AMD boards? It's driving me crazy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 05:44 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 870 (Unique: 574)
Hi Timmy Joe!

I don't know if you are using a riser cable but if you are , try not doing that. PCIE 4.0 needs redrivers to maintain signal integrity.

Also in BIOs see if you can set it manually to PCIE 3.0 as a workaround before swapping it in.

Under Settings Menu tab:
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIOS option.png
Views:	9
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	279156
Quote:
PCIe Slot Configuration Allows you to set the operation mode of the PCI Express slots to Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, or Gen 4. Actual operation mode is subject to the hardware specification of each slot. Auto lets the BIOS automatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-aorus-pro-wifi_v1_e.pdf

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I can confirm the Alpha's solution works. Not that I was using a riser cable. I actually thought of it last night. I had tried forcing PCI-E Gen 4 and still had the issue but later it occurred to me this might be the video card's problem and not the motherboard's so I set PCI-E Gen 3 in the bios and low and behold it booted. I have contacted AMD regarding this issue. I might update this thread once I get my hands on another x570 motherboard, see if this is exclusive to the Aorus or any board.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Top kek

Rep: 110 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by timmyjoe View Post
I can confirm the Alpha's solution works. Not that I was using a riser cable. I actually thought of it last night. I had tried forcing PCI-E Gen 4 and still had the issue but later it occurred to me this might be the video card's problem and not the motherboard's so I set PCI-E Gen 3 in the bios and low and behold it booted. I have contacted AMD regarding this issue. I might update this thread once I get my hands on another x570 motherboard, see if this is exclusive to the Aorus or any board.

Thanks for the help!
You need to probably contact the motherboard manufacturer about it, and expect BIOS update.

Previous Hardware:
Spoiler!
Desktop PC
(19 items)
CPU
AMD FX-8320
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480
GPU
XFX RX470 Singlefan
GPU
MSI RX580 GamingX 4GB
RAM
Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz
Hard Drive
Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB
Hard Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force LS
Hard Drive
WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB
Power Supply
Corsair TX850M
Cooling
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14
Case
ThermalTake View 27
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 1607
Operating System
Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Monitor
AOC i2267FWH
Keyboard
Logitech K120
Mouse
Bloody V5
Audio
Corsair HS30 Raptor
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just weighing in that I have tried two different 5700's on my Aorus Pro X750 and have had the same issue with both of them. Will try forcing PCI 3.0 this evening to see if that helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in