Overwhelming complaints about Stutter from RETAIL Navi Users - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Overwhelming complaints about Stutter from RETAIL Navi Users

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
treetops422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 513
Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Everything I have wrote wrong by, has fixed one problem or another that I have had in the past with MY card. To say those ts steps do nothing is incorrect. Ignoring reviews from Verified Purchasers... You have not even read the driver notes. It clearly lists BOF4. You would be the one claiming a conspiracy. Are all these professional reviewers lying to us in your mind?
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...0-reviews.html




Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 3700x 4.25 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.
treetops422 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
Overclocker
 
EastCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,175
Rep: 142 (Unique: 94)
Quote: Originally Posted by treetops422 View Post
Everything I have wrote wrong by, has fixed one problem or another that I have had in the past with MY card. To say those ts steps do nothing is incorrect. Ignoring reviews from Verified Purchasers... You have not even read the driver notes. It clearly lists BOF4. You would be the one claiming a conspiracy. Are all these professional reviewers lying to us in your mind?
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...0-reviews.html


Nothing beats personal experience. You watch reviews as a guide, not a gospel. Unfortunately, you see this inversely. The personal experiences of others are also a valid litmus of how the product performs. When you ignore those factors to hang tooth/nail to your own bias you won't understand anything I say.

Yes, BO4 is recognized. However, nothing is detailed and BO4 is not the only game that needs to be acknowledge. That's the point.

Can you at least admit your own bias right now? Or can you find some center view point on this? Do you understand that I, as well as others, have tried things you think are "fine" having no effect? Can you comprehend that?

Let's be clear. I don't care about how you feel reading this thread. What I care about is AMD fixing the issues and it's not up to you to decide if, I and others, have these issue(s) or not based on your limited knowledge, lack of skill to address it and bias.
EastCoast is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 AM
⤷ αC
 
AlphaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,209
Rep: 911 (Unique: 592)
Honestly it might be a PSU issue. Many people don't upgrade their PSUs to resonant LLC with single rail, which means their PSUs are ill-equipped to deal with the large transients required by Navi and Vega.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list


AlphaC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 12:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
treetops422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 513
Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
Nothing beats personal experience. You watch reviews as a guide, not a gospel. Unfortunately, you see this inversely. The personal experiences of others are also a valid litmus of how the product performs. When you ignore those factors to hang tooth/nail to your own bias you won't understand anything I say.

Yes, BO4 is recognized. However, nothing is detailed and BO4 is not the only game that needs to be acknowledge. That's the point.

Can you at least admit your own bias right now? Or can you find some center view point on this? Do you understand that I, as well as others, have tried things you think are "fine" having no effect? Can you comprehend that?

Let's be clear. I don't care about how you feel reading this thread. What I care about is AMD fixing the issues and it's not up to you to decide if, I and others, have these issue(s) or not based on your limited knowledge, lack of skill to address it and bias.
What did tech support say? What have you tried? What is your issue and list your system specs? If you want to help lets solve your problem.


For anyone who unluckily finds this thread... Here is a list of Radeon 5700 cards with reviews from Verified Purchases, like myself below. One example of a fix.




https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=radeon...&Order=REVIEWS
"
These 3 things fixed all my problems and It's currently working how it should

1. Keeps your Windows 10 at version 1809 I noticed after reinstalling windows over a dozen times that any version that is newer than 1809 was causing at least 95% of my problems the new windows versions and the AMD software's/drivers are not compatible as of October 2019.

2. I changed my PCIE options in the Bios from Gen 4 to Gen 3 (to be honest idk how helpful this was but its worth a shot?)

3. Disable / Do NOT enable VSR setting on Global Wattman If Global Wattman asks to enable this feature do not enable it as it may cause some odd issues while gaming (for the moment)"


I had the to reinstall windows as well, since Windows has had problems with third party AVs this year. I did not use one until I fully updated windows.



https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-a...ng-120-hz.html


I'm overclocked beyond a stock 5700 XT on my non XT card, I can play Shadows of the Tomb Raider at 4k an average of 52 fps high preset settings, TAA enabled. Claiming you cannot OC is false. Do you even own a Navi card?




Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 3700x 4.25 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.

Last edited by treetops422; 10-12-2019 at 08:51 AM.
treetops422 is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Overclocker
 
EastCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,175
Rep: 142 (Unique: 94)
Quote: Originally Posted by treetops422 View Post
What did tech support say? What have you tried? What is your issue and list your system specs? If you want to help lets solve your problem.



After my correspondence with you in this thread I have no confidence in your ability to offer any real assistance. The correct answer is to ask if I've offer to communicate with AMD about it. And the answer is yes. Below is the link to anyone else who is experiencing these issues.
https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

Many already have. However, the more who express their complaints to AMD the more they should take priority in the issue(s).
EastCoast is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:04 AM
New to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,849
Rep: 1543 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Same issue with the Radeon VII but no one cared. No one complained about Vega 10 which overboosted to unsustainable speeds. Ever since the release of Vega their boost has been horrible.
which driver version had this bug?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 11:32 AM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,133
Rep: 186 (Unique: 129)
Delete

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz w/ .975v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 01-08-2020 at 10:55 PM.
WannaBeOCer is online now  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:16 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
It's not a driver bug but a firmware algorithm issue. The 5700 XT and Radeon VII will sometimes stutter due to the sudden drop in frequency. While the Vega 10 boost is dependent on load, a light load will cause it to over boost to a percentage that is unknown. In Division 2 the the Radeon VII still exhibits the same over boosting behavior. With my Vega 64 I couldn't overclock the core. I just left it at stock which was 1750Mhz and undervolted. Most games just resulted in an overboost if I overclocked the core.

https://youtu.be/4y8tyDEXNC0
So how screwed are we if its firmware? How would they go about releasing this fix to users? Expect us all to flash our own bios and risk breaking our cards which im sure isnt covered by warranty? Recall and replace every single card? Like what exactly do i gain from holding onto my 5700 XT at this point if a driver wont fix the problem? Whats the point of keeping it?
MahtXL is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 08:16 AM
New to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,849
Rep: 1543 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
It's not a driver bug but a firmware algorithm issue. The 5700 XT and Radeon VII will sometimes stutter due to the sudden drop in frequency. While the Vega 10 boost is dependent on load, a light load will cause it to over boost to a percentage that is unknown. In Division 2 the the Radeon VII still exhibits the same over boosting behavior. With my Vega 64 I couldn't overclock the core. I just left it at stock which was 1750Mhz and undervolted. Most games just resulted in an overboost if I overclocked the core.

https://youtu.be/4y8tyDEXNC0
oh well I noticed sometimes the reported clock value was misleading me to think the software wasnt reporting correctly the clock speed I had because it was higher than the clock speed I had set it you but I didnt get crashes when overclocked I assume should be a voltage related instability if yours crashed.If there was a way to set this mode to most of the loads without caring the how heavy is I would assume vega would gain some performance

Last edited by PontiacGTX; 10-12-2019 at 08:20 AM.
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
crazycrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N.C.
Posts: 384
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I have just started back messing with my ref RX 5700 and this Ryzen 5 3600 system as I have three systems running Gen 3 cpu's but only one with Navi ..

My only issues was Blue and Black screen reboots .. as I watched Johnny speaking about power supply's he did say the newer Corsair series was built different in how it feeds the 12v rails for newer gpu's that need the power there faster .

I feel that Ryzen had it issues and there good now with all the bios flash's and AMD's latest chipset drivers .. then Afterburner has been updated and I am on driver 19.10.1 now and I have no more issues for now as the YouTube crash's have gone ..

I was just trying it out ..


Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H CF
G-SKill 16Gb
Red Dragon RX 570 8Gb
Corsair TX 650 watt

https://valid.x86.fr/yhrtin
crazycrave is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off