Overclock.net banner

Wattman Problems?

1K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  rdr09 
#1 ·
I was swapping cards from 5700XT to 5700 and now Wattman settings don't seem to work. That is, I can make a setting (like change from default memory clock) but GPU-Z doesn't show that it changed from the default settings. Same for GPU boost clocks. GPU-Z seems right about it though because 3DMark scores also are consistent with the stock default settings. It's the same way whichever card is in...5700XT or 5700.

I've uninstalled, ran DDU to cleanup, reinstalled drivers to no avail. Is there some setting I need to find and delete/change? some weird file DDU doesn't get? could it be possible something was changed on the card like a CMOS setting?

Any suggestions what to try next?

#2 · (Edited)
You were not using the same driver for both when you swapped them, right?

When i swapped mine i had to uninstall the XT driver using Windows add n remove program. Swapped, then installed the driver for the 57.

#14 ·
Core Boost goes up and down depending on the gpu usage and thermals. I've never seen my card hit the max core boost without crashing or almost crashing. That's not how these cards work. To boost higher you need a higher fan speed. More max power and to simply slide the core boost up.

#15 ·
Crashing at max boost? You need to RMA that. I see my 5700 boost to its max a lot and never crashes. My XT boost to 1900MHz when undervolted at stock.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.