Is There A GPU Thermal Reading Error On X570? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Is There A GPU Thermal Reading Error On X570?

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Is There A GPU Thermal Reading Error On X570?

I'm curious to know if the x570/3rd gen Ryzen are having issues reporting the correct thermal temps. I have an x570 Extreme motherboard and a 5700xt paired with it. The case is a Thermaltake tower 900, it doesn't have much air flow but I have taken off the glass panels so it is pretty much an open bench system. I'm looking at temps and its 75-80 for edge GPU temps and the junction temps are upwards of 109c. I'm really concerned about this and thought at first it was my red devil 5700xt, but I put the same card into my intel system and temps seem perfectly fine. On this board/system though they are sky rocket high like its a reference card. Some guidance please? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks guys I could really use a hand here
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 12)
DDU uninstall then try using only wattman and gpu-z. set to gen 3 in the bios maybe? force 4, then try forcing 3.

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 2600 4.1 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hmmmm i have/had 5700xt red devil

https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-a...problem-s.html

Same problem with temperatures. All other readings were perfect but hotspot/junction was 105-110 in every game, i mean 110 c in league of legends with gpu use of 40%?!

I opend the card and repasted it, notise that mounting preasure was week so i tightind the screwas.

Was a good card for 12h and than things got back to 110c. Opend it again and check gpu die and radiator coldplate. Noticed that die is bend a bit, coldplate was flat. Did not think abot it any more and just packed the card to sed it back to shop.
But did not try it in other pc and did not change pcie from 4 to 3. Maybe ill do it.

No, gen 3, gen 2, hotspot 110.....

Ryzen 5 3600 | Aorus x570 Pro | G.Skill B-die DDR4 [email protected] | rx 5700 XT blower and Red Devil fail Gtx 1070 G1 | SS Focus Gold+ 750W | SilverStone Raven2

Last edited by ernorator; 10-22-2019 at 10:30 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ernorator View Post
Hmmmm i have/had 5700xt red devil

https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-a...problem-s.html

Same problem with temperatures. All other readings were perfect but hotspot/junction was 105-110 in every game, i mean 110 c in league of legends with gpu use of 40%?!

I opend the card and repasted it, notise that mounting preasure was week so i tightind the screwas.

Was a good card for 12h and than things got back to 110c. Opend it again and check gpu die and radiator coldplate. Noticed that die is bend a bit, coldplate was flat. Did not think abot it any more and just packed the card to sed it back to shop.
But did not try it in other pc and did not change pcie from 4 to 3. Maybe ill do it.

No, gen 3, gen 2, hotspot 110.....
Quote: Originally Posted by treetops422 View Post
DDU uninstall then try using only wattman and gpu-z. set to gen 3 in the bios maybe? force 4, then try forcing 3.
I will try the force change to PCIE gen 3&4. I have DDU a few times probably like 3 times so far? Have reset windows a few times also. This build has been very problematic I believe the wifi card is bad. Disconnects and in event viewer gives me "netw8" errors with "hw failure" and other hw related error info. Have done so many things under the sun.

Can it be due to a faulty motherboard? I though it was the card but after swapping it around it's clearly not a bad card. The overclocks are better on my Intel system than my ryzen system for the GPU also. All driver/chipsets are up to date. Using the latest f4 bios and will be checking for an update to the bios when I am off this afternoon.

Anyone know if this could be a case of a bad motherboard? With the wifi network issues and this, there is also really poor glitching effect when I move a window like hwinfo 64 (to move the info to a different part of the screen it will glitch and move like it's a really bad fps stutter) I feel that I should just rma the board
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 12)
I stressed to only use wattman and gpu-z because of a known issue iv seen for quite awhile. If you have AB or any other OC program you might be oced way higher then you think. If that is not the case yeah I would contact your mobo and or gpu mnfer cause thats to hot, if you are running at stock.

"Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings." - Old known issue, but still persists for some people? Including me.

Try 100% fan speed and or If you have a fan of any kind, point it at your card in that open case. That will at least eliminate the possibility of weak air flow. No you shouldn't need 100% fan speed at stock.

Wish I could be of more help!

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 2600 4.1 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I stressed to only use wattman and gpu-z because of a known issue iv seen for quite awhile. If you have AB or any other OC program you might be oced way higher then you think. If that is not the case yeah I would contact your mobo and or gpu mnfer cause thats to hot, if you are running at stock.

"Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings." - Old known issue, but still persists for some people? Including me.

Try 100% fan speed and or If you have a fan of any kind, point it at your card in that open case. That will at least eliminate the possibility of weak air flow. No you shouldn't need 100% fan speed at stock.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention these temps are actually at 100% fan speeds.. huh well this sucks. Considering it's a $700 board that's faulty.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

And this is a stock setting GPU. Sadly I believe I just need to file an RMA on the motherboard and get it replaced.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yep sadly I believe an RMA to the board is in place. Replaced the PSU with a brand new unit just in case of it being a power supply issue. Still hitting extremely high temps on the GPU at 100% fan speeds. Unless someone knows of a GPU temp read error on x570 ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in