Originally Posted by PontiacGTX
Low gpu usage indicate a cpu bound scenario or bottleneck. you wont see a 99% CPU usage on a 1700x
It's a driver bug...Happens to me as well in older games such as F.E.A.R. and The Witcher 2.
Other tips people have said in the past that have not worked for me...
1. Make sure you're using two PCI-E cables, not one split.
2. Switch to PCI-E 3.0 vs 4.0 in your bios.
3. Turn enhanced sync off/on, freesync off/on. None of this fixed the problem.
4. Attempt to force the game to use more of your GPU by using virtual resolutions + max AA/AF.
5. DDU when installing new drivers (always done this anyways)
6. Disable ULPS
7. Make sure your GPU drivers / Windows / Chipset drivers / Bios / etc. are up-to-date
8. Overclock/underclock your GPU.