XFX 5700XT RAW II, seeking help! - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

XFX 5700XT RAW II, seeking help!

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 09:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by K1ll3rGreen View Post
So... I re-installed the 2020 drivers and gta5 is performing as one would expect.. but I can't use the same undervolt//overclocks and computer crashes on factory settings running burn test. also my goto benchmark is minimal 20 frames less. This is where i call it a night..
Your computer is not crashing, radeon settings(wattman) is crashing.

Please try this and report back to me if it solved your problem. I think the root of stuttering etc is Radeon Settings(Wattman).

My most successful current work around for all issues. DDU safemode, update to the newest drivers. Follow the simple instructions below given to me by another member. OC with AB. Monitor with GPU-Z. Basically you are nuking Radeon Settings(Wattman).

No anti lag, no image sharpening (you can use reshade if you really want it), but most importantly no more head aches.

"program files]\AMD\CNext and delete everything.

open up task manager and shut things down and delete them

It's pretty hacky, but it works

you do need aticlxx, but that's all.

No graphics settings once you do this."

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 3700x 4.25 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by treetops422 View Post
Your computer is not crashing, radeon settings(wattman) is crashing.

Please try this and report back to me if it solved your problem. I think the root of stuttering etc is Radeon Settings(Wattman).

My most successful current work around for all issues. DDU safemode, update to the newest drivers. Follow the simple instructions below given to me by another member. OC with AB. Monitor with GPU-Z. Basically you are nuking Radeon Settings(Wattman).

No anti lag, no image sharpening (you can use reshade if you really want it), but most importantly no more head aches.

"program files]\AMD\CNext and delete everything.

open up task manager and shut things down and delete them

It's pretty hacky, but it works

you do need aticlxx, but that's all.

No graphics settings once you do this."

Thank you, I will give this a try tomorrow when at PC and report back. How do I install just the drivers and not the full suite that comes from AMD's download for the 5700xt?

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 09:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you, I will give this a try tomorrow when at PC and report back. How do I install just the drivers and not the full suite that comes from AMD's download for the 5700xt?
You can't atm as far as I know, but deleting all the bloatware seems to work out pretty well.

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 3700x 4.25 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

You can't atm as far as I know, but deleting all the bloatware seems to work out pretty well.

You are correct, without the 'bloatware' running and messing with nothing this card works as should. I can not use MSI AB for overclocking for whatever reason, crashes everytime I do a test run. Any idea why or alternatives to get this card OC//UV'd?

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

You are correct, without the 'bloatware' running and messing with nothing this card works as should. I can not use MSI AB for overclocking for whatever reason, crashes everytime I do a test run. Any idea why or alternatives to get this card OC//UV'd?
I use AB, but it automatically messes up my settings by default it goes to 1.25v, if I set the volts at that max in MPT. Even without AB running. If I do not mess with the volts, AB OCs just fine. You really don't need to mess with the volts anyways. MPT can save your config if you want it too.

So to reiterate, if I set max voltage to 1.3(don't do that), AB despite showing 1.2v will OC to 1.3v. Even if I do not run it, no it is not set to run on windows start. So maybe do not touch the volts in MPT or AB? The 1.2v set in MPT do fine. idk why the voltage has issues with this setup.

Unless you want to save on your power bill, I don't think there is any reason to undervolt. I leave it a 1.2v, the default. I'm glad to hear this workaround is effective beyond just me.

btw thank Schmuckley for this little fix

Last edited by treetops422; 02-27-2020 at 09:31 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

I use AB, but it automatically messes up my settings by default it goes to 1.25v, if I set the volts at that max in MPT. Even without AB running. If I do not mess with the volts, AB OCs just fine. You really don't need to mess with the volts anyways. MPT can save your config if you want it too.

So to reiterate, if I set max voltage to 1.3(don't do that), AB despite showing 1.2v will OC to 1.3v. Even if I do not run it, no it is not set to run on windows start. So maybe do not touch the volts in MPT or AB? The 1.2v set in MPT do fine. idk why the voltage has issues with this setup.

Unless you want to save on your power bill, I don't think there is any reason to undervolt. I leave it a 1.2v, the default. I'm glad to hear this workaround is effective beyond just me.

btw thank Schmuckley for this little fix

MSI AB seems to be functioning properly now that I have completely deleted CNext folders and included SW 'features'. Now to solve vram and delta temps... I get temp blackscreens or full blackscreen lockups when delta temp hits 85c or higher during burntests/benches. VRAM temps are also at least 10c higher than core under normal use, assuming they're not making proper contact or thermal solution used isn't great? Already taken card out once and screws did have a quarter turn or less to snug up, Any ideas on a better cooling solution for the whole card? Heat sink is super beefy and keeps core temps well within reason but that doesn't matter much if ram overheats and crashes everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in