Crossfire - disabling ULPS - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Crossfire - disabling ULPS

post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 224 (Unique: 199)
Use the find or search and change them with ulps. It takes a few trys but you'll get it. Post back if you still have problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 02:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
So I've got a problem that I can't seem to fix and can't seem to find a solution to on teh webz. But, this seems to be the best place for me. I've got two 5850s with a 890FXA-UD5.

Now my conundrum is this: I can't over-volt the 2nd 5850.
It doesn't show up in MSI AB, only the 1st card does (the voltage settings), and I am able to OC/OV that card just fine (Pic related). I've had no problems with crossfire, both cards get used just fine and both are superb (except for when I play APB, I have to disable Catalyst AI otherwise models become in visible). Now, do you guys think this will work for me? I've got MSI's Unofficial OCing enabled, tried swapping the cards, etc.

Any other helpful information would be of great appreciation.
Thanks.

This is with voltage tool in MSI AB up and the cards syncing in the settings. :/

post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
many non-reference cards have no voltage control, so perhaps this is what your problem is.

you should fill out your system specs, and link to the specific card models you're using.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude guy bro View Post
many non-reference cards have no voltage control, so perhaps this is what your problem is.

you should fill out your system specs, and link to the specific card models you're using.
585A-ZNFC
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150442

585X-ZNFC
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150494

Filling out my specs now.

post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

after a couple of super quick google searches, it sure looks like the 585X-ZNFC does not support voltage control.

if that is indeed the case, i'd suggest either selling it, and purchasing one that does, or you could certainly use it in another box, and again - buy another that supports it for your gaming rig. that's just what i would personally do.

post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude guy bro View Post
selling it, and purchasing one that does
What would be the best way to sell this card? Ebay? lol. To be honest I am willing to spend a good 50 bucks plus to get a 5850 that can OV. I mean my other 5850 can get to 1ghz core and 1250ram with ease. which surpases the 5870 at stock. I just don't plan on buying the 6xxx when they come out, so I want these cards to last.

post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastWithinUsAll View Post
What would be the best way to sell this card? Ebay? lol. To be honest I am willing to spend a good 50 bucks plus to get a 5850 that can OV. I mean my other 5850 can get to 1ghz core and 1250ram with ease. which surpases the 5870 at stock. I just don't plan on buying the 6xxx when they come out, so I want these cards to last.
ebay works fine if you have some decent feedback, and generally know how to tell a bad buyer from a good one...

for me personally, i'd prolly just sell it on craigslist, if a co-worker, friend, or family member did not want a deal. obv be careful selling on craigslist too... again, pretty easy to tell who's gonna be legit. often times people who don't have ebay will pay a bit more on craigslist.

post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 26)
under the location you said, i dont see the EnableUlps, but i did a search and found it in another amd folder. is that fine?

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerican View Post
under the location you said, i dont see the EnableUlps, but i did a search and found it in another amd folder. is that fine?
some people use search, but i had much more luck manually finding them, as they are all sort of near each other anyway. as long as you can find all of them, and disable, you're good to go.

i think i had to disable it 5 or 6 times in different spots before it actually worked (disabled).

post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 224 (Unique: 199)
Yes, it takes quite a few time for it to take affect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in