Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC 1280MB Appreciation thread - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC 1280MB Appreciation thread

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I see a lot of hype and threads in these forums regarding the MSI GTX 570 twin Frozr 3, to the point I almost purchase one myself; however after doing some research about the available 570's on the market I decided to purchase another promising, but perhaps unpopular card. The Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC 1280MB.

Since there aren't any threads on OCN about this card I would like to see some impressions, discussion or even complaints for you guys. Howcome is this card so unpopular even though it's supposed to be the top high-end GTX 570 on the market?

By the way these are some of the reviews that helped me decide to go for it:

Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC review1

Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC review2

Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC review3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 26)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1352 (Unique: 945)
MSI has good cards and Gigabyte also has good cards. Perhaps the main difference is that MSI is more aggressive with their 'promotion'. MSI is the only graphics card brand that has a sales rep in this forum. Perhaps this is indicative of their sales and marketing.

As of now for GTX570, MSI TFIII PE/OC (777 MHz) costs US$360 while Gigabyte SOC (845 MHz) costs US$370 (with free Batman Arkham game).
Both come with 3 years warranty.

But I think the bargain is neither of these 2 cards but the Gigabyte OC (780 MHz) which has the same Windforce 3 cooling and it only costs US$315 (after rebate).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 AM

Right now I'm looking to SLI these cards and have narrowed my search to these two. Any input would be appreciated.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125384

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=59632&vpn=N570GTX%20Twin%20Frozr%20II%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar

I think space has a major roll. I'm not sure I can even fit 2 gigabytes with my sound card in there. Right now, it's a tight fit with very little space between one 5870 and the sound card.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Depending on space you got, both cards are good and you should have similar performance when using either of those in SLI. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in