worth going SLI ON A NON TRUE SLI MOBO - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

worth going SLI ON A NON TRUE SLI MOBO

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
i am learning this is my first rig BUILT and i am damn proud of it. in am in the maching now 1150 dollors so i figure why not max the maching out. i have exspendable money$$$. so money not the issue here. i am not going to buy a new mobo.newmobo=new rig. so i figure if i can get the best performance out of this thing with it lasting 2-4 years. i was running a p3 1ghz 4x agp. SO THIS IS A MAJOR JUMP IN PERFORMANCE!! . me and my friend are building a lan center. for more cash. on the side of normal job. if i am in the maching this much money then why not more? what is the max bandwith for 8x pci exspress. so i also too want to kick my friends dell socket 478B AGP8X HARD CUZ HE THINKS HIS INTEL IS BETTER THAN MY AMD. so after that said yes i am stubborn. @ times and i am thinking of getting next week a 7950gtx just for the hell of it 2 pwn his ass harder.

thumb.gifif someones helps you help them out.thumb.gif

complete noob optimization for nvidia gpus
https://www.overclock.net/nvidia/3210...ml#post3728716

TO CHANGE WARCRAFT 3 RESOLUTION
https://www.overclock.net/pc-games/30...ml#post3538388
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 693 (Unique: 434)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -AMD-
i am learning this is my first rig BUILT and i am damn proud of it. in am in the maching now 1150 dollors so i figure why not max the maching out. i have exspendable money$$$. so money not the issue here. i am not going to buy a new mobo.newmobo=new rig. so i figure if i can get the best performance out of this thing with it lasting 2-4 years. i was running a p3 1ghz 4x agp. SO THIS IS A MAJOR JUMP IN PERFORMANCE!! . me and my friend are building a lan center. for more cash. on the side of normal job. if i am in the maching this much money then why not more? what is the max bandwith for 8x pci exspress. so i also too want to kick my friends dell socket 478B AGP8X HARD CUZ HE THINKS HIS INTEL IS BETTER THAN MY AMD. so after that said yes i am stubborn. @ times and i am thinking of getting next week a 7950gtx just for the hell of it 2 pwn his ass harder.
plzplzplz write out short words like "at" instead of @, it makes the posts easier to read, and please make an effort to proofread. 16x is 4GBps, 8x is 2GBps, but since data can flow both ways on the pci-e bus at once, thats 8GB for the 16x.

Quote:
Common Buses and their Max Bandwidth
PCI132 MB/s
AGP 8X2,100 MB/s
PCI Express 1x250 [500]* MB/s
PCI Express 2x500 [1000]* MB/s
PCI Express 4x1000 [2000]* MB/s
PCI Express 8x2000 [4000]* MB/s
PCI Express 16x4000 [8000]* MB/s
PCI Express 32x8000 [16000]* MB/s
IDE (ATA100)100 MB/s
IDE (ATA133)133 MB/s
SATA150 MB/s
Gigabit Ethernet125 MB/s
IEEE1394B [firewire]100 MB/s

Certs:
A+
ACMT
Dell ASP; Desktop, Laptop, PowerConnect, PowerEdge, PowerVault

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 1172 (Unique: 570)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -AMD-
so i figure if i can get the best performance out of this thing with it lasting 2-4 years. i was running .
You won't be able to build anything right now that will last you 2-4 years and run the newest games that come out. In 2007, DX10 will come out together with Vista, and at some point (I am guessing by the end of 2007 or so), games will require DX10, and compatible hardware.

Right now, no video card you can buy supports DX10. My suggestion is to wait a bit, just get a single 7900GT for now, and upgrade to SLI DX10 cards when they come out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in