Nvidia GT 545 Overclocking - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Nvidia GT 545 Overclocking

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Alright, I am pretty new to the forum and have not had much time around here. I own a brand new Dell with an Intel i-7 2600, 10GB of ram and an Nvidia gt 545. I am overclocking it from 870mhz factory core bus speed to 950mhz core bus speed, and 2Ghz shader with a 400mhz overclock on the memory (2400mhz). All of these setting run stable when playing graphics demanding games and bench marks/stress tests.

The 1GB GDDR5 545 card has an oversize fan and heat sync for the actual GPU, so this thing runs ice cold even when I have the settings ramped up.

The software I am using is the Nvidia control panel, along with MSI Kombustor for stress testing. The thing is though, the GPU runs SO cold, I have a feeling I can push it further, it's just my driver crashes every time I push it past my current settings. I am 99% sure the problem lies with the driver, and not the actual card. If anyone is wondering, I am using the drivers provided by Nvidia:http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

If anyone can help me understand where I can get some better compatible drivers, or just what I am doing wrong that would be great! smile.gif

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch". ~Jeremy Clarkson
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this. rolleyes.gif

If I am misspelling or saying things that do not make sense on a post: I am either on an android device, or I have found my Guinness.
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

ninja.gifStock Cooler Club ninja.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 435 (Unique: 327)
If its crashing it probably needs more voltage. If you gave it more voltage and it is still crashing, that might be that chips limit despite whatever temperature it may be running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrulz go_quote.gif

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Watercooled Railgun

Rep: 255 (Unique: 218)
It can happen, and it's not a driver issue. I once had a 9400 GT with such an oversized heatsink, i attached 2 80mm fans to it (zip ties FTW), overclocked like 33% (from stock 550c/1350s/400m), and still was kept under 60c in full load (on stock speeds it ran at 80c in furmark) But the driver would crash on me and PC would freeze on games if i were to make the jump from 729 MHz to 730 MHz.

I could not overvolt the card at all for some reason, so i was left with that, but if you've pushed voltages as far as it can go, it's the chip. Not all chips can reach lightning fast speeds no matter how cold they are and how much volts you run through them. Best proof are the 2500k. They're chips which can reach 5 GHz, but not all do it. And people who cannot reach 5 GHz have pretty high end cooling solutions (Silver Arrow, D14's, H80/H100, custom water loops). It's just the way the silicon is made.

CPU Validations: i3 550 4.7GHz & 5 GHz ~ W3530 4.48 GHz ~ X5650 4.39 GHz ~ R3 1200 4.1GHz

X79 The Hydra
(19 items)
i865G Chronos
(15 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
XFX R9 Fury X
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition CMD32GX4M4C3200C14C
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO MZ-VKV512
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM008
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-222BB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Titanium SSR-750TD
Cooling
EK-Supremacy EVO Full Nickel CSQ
Cooling
6x Gentle Typhoon AP-2150
Cooling
1x Thermalright TY-140
Cooling
Alphacool Eisfluegel G1/4" Flow Indicator
Cooling
5x Swiftech QC-NS-M/F
Cooling
EK-FC R9 Fury X
Cooling
Black Ice GT Stealth 240
Cooling
Black Ice Pro II
Cooling
EK-BAY RES Dual DDC 3.25 Serial
Cooling
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
Cooling
2x Laing DDC-1T
Cooling
1x EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink - Black
Case
CM 690 II Advanced
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
QNIX UHD3216R Real4K
Keyboard
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - MX Browns
Mouse
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Red version
Audio
Logitech G430 QuakeCon Edition
CPU
Xeon E5-2650
Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
GPU
MSI RX 460
RAM
Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro MZ-7PD256
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 850 G2
Cooling
EK-Supreme HF CU
Cooling
Thermalright VX BTK II
Cooling
TBD Pump
Cooling
1x Swiftech MCR220
Cooling
1x Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2
Cooling
2x Delta AFB1212SHE
Cooling
Thermalright TRUE Copper
Cooling
4x Koolance VL4N-F/M13-19S
Case
Open Benchtable BC-1 Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
QNIX UHD3216R Real4K
Keyboard
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - MX Browns
Mouse
Logitech G400 QuakeCon Edition
CPU
Core 2 Extreme X6800
Motherboard
AsRock 775i65G R2.0
GPU
ATI Radeon X1950 XT
RAM
OCZ EL DDR Gold Edition GX
Hard Drive
Samsung MMBRE64GHDXP-MVBD1
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-222
Power Supply
Generic 500w PSU
Cooling
Thermalright Ultima-90
Case
Generic Case
Operating System
Windows XP Professional 32 bit
Operating System
Windows 98 SE
Monitor
Dell SP2309W
Keyboard
Genius SlimStar 8000
Mouse
Genius SlimStar 8000
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Yeah, I suppose it is not so bad. And I am having the same experience, as in when ever I up the clock just a hair, I hit the limit of the card and it crashes. Though I am slightly disappointed with Nvidia on this one, because I would have expected a card like this one to be far more open to overclocking; that is the whole reason I bought that one (I am on a budget you know!)

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch". ~Jeremy Clarkson
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this. rolleyes.gif

If I am misspelling or saying things that do not make sense on a post: I am either on an android device, or I have found my Guinness.
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

ninja.gifStock Cooler Club ninja.gif

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I just replaced my Ati radeon hd 6750 with the PNY Verto GeForce GT 545 DDR3 w\ 1.5GB video memory and I noticed a difference already in my games. I want to overclock it but I'm not sure how. Would it be wise to just play with it by increasing each bar by a tick and try it out??

devil.gifAMD 4GHz Club devil.gif
post-flame-small.gif=4 GHz Overclock Club=post-flame-small.gif
aaevil.gif AMD FX-6100 aaevil.gif
gunner2.gifeek.gifgunner.gif
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

i got mine stable with the core clock at 870 (basically the oem cards speed) but i didn't touch the memory
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

If you max out the mv you can set the core clock to 1020 and memory to 2550. Stable for me but have to keep fans running at 100%. (Both case fans and Gpu fans)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in