[Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club - Page 604 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6031 of 6048 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 03:32 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJSr72 View Post

Question

I recently added a third EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB GPU and of course, want to run it through 3D Mark to see what scores I can push them to. I have a "basic" overclock of 43. For whatever reason, before 3D Mark begins, I lose all visuals and the only way to get the computer fully functional is a hard reset. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Is my overclock to soft? I have the cards a stock speeds, no OC on them, as of yet.
Got it squared away. Was a driver issue. Cleaned it all out, reloaded and running smooth. Now, water cooling.
BrettJSr72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6032 of 6048 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 04:29 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 937
Rep: 38 (Unique: 30)
Like many of us recently posting, I am contemplating the jump to a 970 SLi setup or maybe just to a single 980...the SLi wouldn't make much sense since I don't really game above 1080P at the moment, but the plans for higher resolution gaming is planned.

Not sure if I should look for some 780 Ti's instead? thumb.gif
darkphantom is offline  
post #6033 of 6048 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 04:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post

Like many of us recently posting, I am contemplating the jump to a 970 SLi setup or maybe just to a single 980...the SLi wouldn't make much sense since I don't really game above 1080P at the moment, but the plans for higher resolution gaming is planned.

Not sure if I should look for some 780 Ti's instead? thumb.gif
Agreed! I too will be upgrading to a single 980 Kingpin with plans to SLi in the future. With that said, I have three EVGA 680+
BrettJSr72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6034 of 6048 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
BrettJSr72 is offline  
post #6036 of 6048 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 07:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Guys/Gals, lend me your advice/input, the good stuff. I currently have (3) EVGA 680+ 4GB. My dilemma is this. Should I keep them, put them underwater and upgrade my 1080P monitor to the new Acer 2560x1440 144Hz Gsync IPS or, sell them for best price and upgrade? My second dilemma if I upgrade, since I'm not in a position to upgrade 1/yr, more like every third year. I'm strongly considering (2) Titan X or (2) 980 Ti Classifieds, since I currently have the cash to put forth.

I'm on an X79 system, i7 4930x, 32GB ram. I'd upgrade my current SSD's, Asus Rampage IV BE.

What say you??? Oh, I'd still upgrade to the Acer monitor as well. biggrin.gif
BrettJSr72 is offline  
post #6037 of 6048 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 08:38 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Is this group still active or has everyone jumped to newer cards?
BrettJSr72 is offline  
post #6038 of 6048 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 10:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Heratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJSr72 View Post

Guys/Gals, lend me your advice/input, the good stuff. I currently have (3) EVGA 680+ 4GB. My dilemma is this. Should I keep them, put them underwater and upgrade my 1080P monitor to the new Acer 2560x1440 144Hz Gsync IPS or, sell them for best price and upgrade? My second dilemma if I upgrade, since I'm not in a position to upgrade 1/yr, more like every third year. I'm strongly considering (2) Titan X or (2) 980 Ti Classifieds, since I currently have the cash to put forth.

I'm on an X79 system, i7 4930x, 32GB ram. I'd upgrade my current SSD's, Asus Rampage IV BE.

What say you??? Oh, I'd still upgrade to the Acer monitor as well. biggrin.gif

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. I got a titan X cheap. same price as a 980ti and upgraded and i have to say it was worth it. tri sli was good but games are so much smother going to one card. you don't get as high a frame rate but you don't get as low fps either and the games are just smother. if you got a 980ti you also get 2GB extra vram. I love the 680's but its time to make the switch if you can.
Heratic is offline  
post #6039 of 6048 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
BrettJSr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 148
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heratic View Post

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. I got a titan X cheap. same price as a 980ti and upgraded and i have to say it was worth it. tri sli was good but games are so much smother going to one card. you don't get as high a frame rate but you don't get as low fps either and the games are just smother. if you got a 980ti you also get 2GB extra vram. I love the 680's but its time to make the switch if you can.
I think the majority if not everyone has upgraded to something. With that said, I now have two Titan X just waiting on the ACX2 coolers to arrive and they shall be installed. Happy fragging!
BrettJSr72 is offline  
post #6040 of 6048 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 05:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 868
Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Hey, does anyone know what size screws the MSI 680 Twin Frozr uses for the bracing plate/heatsink? I can only seem to find my waterblock screws. It would be amazing if someone could get those to me ASAP!

Levelog is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off