GTX 260 Problems - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GTX 260 Problems

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have had a 9800GTX+ For a long time now and a buddy gave me one of his old GTX 260's by EVGA, when I open EVGA Precision it says the GPU Clock is at 300mhz then voltage 1050 then at the bottom where you overclock it, it says its at 576 and 999 memory well i can set these to ligerally anything i want and it doesnt particle or nothing and doesnt seem to increase anything or make the card gpu clock on evga precision rise when i do a stress test. i set it to 900 something and 1500 and hit apply ran a test and nothing same score on furmark it seems it wont apply the overclock or do anything really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Custom Loop Snob

Rep: 111 (Unique: 96)
How much do you want for it?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Looking for help =/ not to sell anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Basically instead of the card showing particals it decides to disconnect itself I have it set to 690 and 1190 right now. My 9800GTX+ was 765 1250.

The 260 stock was
576 999
9800GTX+ stock was
735 1100

The 260 seems to get a more steady frames and (no screen tearing) but not much frame increase. Might be to my old cpu but it seems it doesnt dip into 40-50 range anymore on CSGO just stays around 60-80 or so, my 9800gtx+ would screen tear quite a bit when I passed 60 fps which was very annoying this one doesnt seem to do that. but its a weird overclocking gpu guess ive only overclocked my 9800 but it would just get particals and i would lower the settings this one just loses connection gets it back then it will only run at 400mhz and 800 memory until i restart my pc. if anyone has anymore info that could be of use to me that would be much appreciated. for a free card from a buddy it seems to be better then my 9800 but would be nice to squeze a little more out of it if i can.

nevermind did it while in csgo again sighs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in