[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 1348 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club

post #13471 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13472 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

Doesn't seem to work out of the box (at least in my case).

It does seem to work though (again, at least in my case) when adding the following in the "VEN_10DE&DEVblahblahblah.cfg" file:

[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h

The voltage slider is set to Auto by default but it seems it can go up to 1.3V. In my case anything else than auto gives a constant fixed voltage. Didn't use a DMM to double check but on the other hand i am still waiting for the Titans VRM heatsinks so i am avoiding OCing and OVing it for the moment.
So if we have NCP4206 on the card it should also work for the Titans to 1.3 Volt?

post #13473 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaedroid View Post

Guys what is this error? First time I saw this while playing BF3.

Isn`t that an ordinary TDR? I got alot of them in BF3 before, what driver do you use? I use the latest beta and have not got any TDR yet and I was able to raise the core and memory clock more aswell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13474 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexus View Post

So if we have NCP4206 on the card it should also work for the Titans to 1.3 Volt?

I haven't and can't (don't want to risk anything without any vrm heatsinks) test it for this right now.

Even in theory, i don't know. I thought these cards were supposed to be hard locked to 1.212V max.

I realy don't know and i won't until either i test it myself when the time comes or get feeback from other Titan users (even better if they confirm it using a DMM).

I've read a couple of things from 780 users but...

You can just call me "Freedom"...
post #13475 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I haven't and can't (don't want to risk anything without any vrm heatsinks) test it for this right now.

Even in theory, i don't know. I thought these cards were supposed to be hard locked to 1.212V max.

I realy don't know and i won't until either i test it myself when the time comes or get feeback from other Titan users (even better if they confirm it using a DMM).

Hehe ok. I asked because I have my card disassemble and ready for doing hard volt mod and then I read this rolleyes.gif
So maybe someone could test it out here. I don`t wanna put it together to just test it out when we where told that the 1.212V was max on the Titan without mod, hehe.

post #13476 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 535 (Unique: 304)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

I wasn't asking for prices. I need to know if they are available in stores in US/Canada since that's where I plan on getting them from.

(Maybe I'm starting to circle a bit now but) Can you please tell me again why I cannot opt for a watercooling kit with a block and backplate for the GPU? I mean, if I'm gonna get my GPU wet, why not do it well and proper?

Also, I need TIM suggestion for the GPU and CPU. Please name the best one available.

Thanks a lot! smile.gif
http://www.frozencpu.com/

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by 614318 View Post

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download,2.html
about how unlock voltage

I think we have been through all of this with titan in the past... If we couldn't unlock past 1.212 in the bios, then how the hell is an OC utility going to do it mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaedroid View Post

Guys what is this error? First time I saw this while playing BF3.

That's the typical "over over clocked, not not enough to crash your system overclock" warning/driver failure type deal.

Quote:

Titan club went through all of this 200 pages ago... But i will foot in mouth if some one comes in here with proof of titans past 1.212 via msi.ini changes...

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #13477 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Retired but not dead!

Rep: 311 (Unique: 231)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Ok guys! let´s settle this once and for all! TITAN OC vs 780 OC! and with MODDED BIOS as well, im tired of reading biased reviews with 780OC beating stock clock/bios Titans!
I would like to see in here, members without BS, with GAMING tests not benchmarks (sorry Bench Guys) wink.gif
i believe that OC for OC the 780 must have in excess 200mhz to beat the Titan! I want this proved or disproved please! thumb.gif
Can someone give me some data? Doesnt matter if you have 3930K or 3570/3770K OC, as long you have OC titan and Modded bios so the Titan does not throttle during game benches! +REP for all that contribute so we can make some sense of this!
And by the way, please guys fill the ASIC chart so Alatar can publish it in the front page, thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoxldH25nmgsdGxsOW9naFU0QTJhRTJVVTUtUjRWSEE#gid=0

Cheers

Ed

I'll have something for you late next week. I just ordered a Galaxy 780 HOF to keep my Titan company. Will be doing all tests with the exact same hardware.
post #13478 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:

I managed to set 1.3v in Afterburner but GPUz still only detects 1.212v. Strange thing is that Afterburner is detecting 1.3v though.

Damn, can someone with a multimeter test this out???

Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | EVGA GTX Titan 6GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9 | Plextor m5 Pro 128GB | Seagate 320 GB 7200rpm SATA2 16MB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | NZXT Phantom 410 | Dell U2711 | RayStorm D5 RX240 + XSPC RX120 | EK-FC Titan SE Nickel |
post #13479 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
eek.gif
That is a lot of (work and) research! Kudos to you sir! thumb.gif

Isn't there sth that requires way less research and is more plug and play? I don't need the best of the best, just sth that I can use to get rid of the temp throttling on my GPU and to get my CPU to overclock to 4.5GHz (and to 4.8GHz like yours if possible) for 24/7 use.

Checked out XSPC's prices and watercooling components/accessories cost way more than I had expected. Probably won't be able to get cooling solutions for both CPU and GPU within the $300 mark, so I'm thinking just for the GPU right now.

Is there a GPU watercooling kit for the Titan that includes WB, pump, tubes, fittings, res, backplate and all necessary components in one kit/package? It'd be much easier for me to get sth like that than purchase each of them separately, especially since I am getting sb else to bring it for me.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks a lot! smile.gif

P.S Still waiting for fommof's reply to see if he can rescue me! tongue.gif

---
What is the best backplate available for the Titan? Is there anything available that is not from EVGA? I don't want that logo since mine's not an EVGA one. Thanks a lot! :-)

For the backplate, you can try amazon http://www.amazon.com/EK-Geforce-Liquid-Cooling-Backplate/dp/B00BP91DKG
You can also do ebay, or check out Hard Forum for sale section as they may have some occasionally. Ofc OC market place could be good also.
For rads , pumps, reservoirs, I have spent more money at Frozen Cpu and Performamce-Pcs than I can care to imagine. redface.gif. But they do seem to have a decent selection. Not sure if they ship outside of the US, but u can check
You can spend as much as you want on wc, but if u think and plan your loop ahead of time, you may be able to save a couple of bucks. Check out the water cooling section on this forum to get a visual of various builds

Simplicity
post #13480 of 28152 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 535 (Unique: 304)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evange View Post

I managed to set 1.3v in Afterburner but GPUz still only detects 1.212v. Strange thing is that Afterburner is detecting 1.3v though.

Damn, can someone with a multimeter test this out???

You could test it your self by seeing if the card can handle higher overclocks then it did at 1.212 i guess.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in