[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 1348 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club

post #13471 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 AM
What is old is new

Rep: 631 (Unique: 322)
Ok guys! let´s settle this once and for all! TITAN OC vs 780 OC! and with MODDED BIOS as well, im tired of reading biased reviews with 780OC beating stock clock/bios Titans!
I would like to see in here, members without BS, with GAMING tests not benchmarks (sorry Bench Guys) wink.gif
i believe that OC for OC the 780 must have in excess 200mhz to beat the Titan! I want this proved or disproved please! thumb.gif
Can someone give me some data? Doesnt matter if you have 3930K or 3570/3770K OC, as long you have OC titan and Modded bios so the Titan does not throttle during game benches! +REP for all that contribute so we can make some sense of this!
And by the way, please guys fill the ASIC chart so Alatar can publish it in the front page, thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoxldH25nmgsdGxsOW9naFU0QTJhRTJVVTUtUjRWSEE#gid=0

Cheers

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13472 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
post #13473 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 359 (Unique: 236)
^ Nice spreadsheet Ed. I will fill it out when i get home.

As for the 780 vs Titan test you really need to have many of the same variables to make the results legitimate. Ex: Exact hardware specs, OS, driver version, resolution, game, and specific part of the game to test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13474 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 614318 View Post

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download,2.html
about how unlock voltage

Doesn't seem to work out of the box (at least in my case).

It does seem to work though (again, at least in my case) when adding the following in the "VEN_10DE&DEVblahblahblah.cfg" file:

[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h

The voltage slider is set to Auto by default but it seems it can go up to 1.3V. In my case anything else than auto gives a constant fixed voltage. Didn't use a DMM to double check but on the other hand i am still waiting for the Titans VRM heatsinks so i am avoiding OCing and OVing it for the moment.

You can just call me "Freedom"...
post #13475 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

I wasn't asking for prices. I need to know if they are available in stores in US/Canada since that's where I plan on getting them from.

(Maybe I'm starting to circle a bit now but) Can you please tell me again why I cannot opt for a watercooling kit with a block and backplate for the GPU? I mean, if I'm gonna get my GPU wet, why not do it well and proper?

Also, I need TIM suggestion for the GPU and CPU. Please name the best one available.

Thanks a lot! smile.gif
A closed system as you mention has the water already in place and it is maintenance free because it is closed.
The coolant used for water cooling is distilled water with algae additive to prevent the growth of algae in the loop. With tap water you would have this in no time since the temp of the water is low and not compared to like a system in a car that reaches high temps and uses tap water.
Water is used because it is better than oil and alcohol for cooling..
If the components in the loop are of mixed metals then also anti corrosion inhibitor is used. So I didn`t bother so I bought a ready mixed coolant tongue.gif

I think if you build a custom loop you will you will realise that it is simple to do and it is then easy to add more stuff later like another graphic card and so on. On more argument is that the rig builds you will to later would be a walk in the park for the cooling part if you have done it once before smile.gif
It is a bit more work to do than the solution you ask for but not by much I think. When you upgrade your rig you will have more components to reuse with an custome loop.
Sure it would cost more but it will be customizable in the future and be able to cool a lot more stuff and add more gadgets to your loop. Also it would look nicer, hehe.

But I can see that it may not fit the budget you have set and yes the WB for the Titan I used was the single component that was most expensive, but sure it is others that is cheaper and it is not a must to add the backplate.

You mention you want to run the 3770K at 4.8Ghz 24/7. I just want to add that I use 1.33 Volt on the core to get it stable at that clock. You may need more but do not just jump to like 1.4 volt ++ right away like I did, hehe. It was not stable then and I had to reduce it to 1.33 . Why I did that was because I read a guid about OC that CPU and that it required that high volt, but was not in my case. At 1.4 Volt my CPU will do 5 Ghz but not 24/7 stable. So i didn`t bother to tweak more to see what voltage I needed to achieve that.

post #13476 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
post #13477 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

Doesn't seem to work out of the box (at least in my case).

It does seem to work though (again, at least in my case) when adding the following in the "VEN_10DE&DEVblahblahblah.cfg" file:

[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h

The voltage slider is set to Auto by default but it seems it can go up to 1.3V. In my case anything else than auto gives a constant fixed voltage. Didn't use a DMM to double check but on the other hand i am still waiting for the Titans VRM heatsinks so i am avoiding OCing and OVing it for the moment.
So if we have NCP4206 on the card it should also work for the Titans to 1.3 Volt?

post #13478 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaedroid View Post

Guys what is this error? First time I saw this while playing BF3.

Isn`t that an ordinary TDR? I got alot of them in BF3 before, what driver do you use? I use the latest beta and have not got any TDR yet and I was able to raise the core and memory clock more aswell.

post #13479 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexus View Post

So if we have NCP4206 on the card it should also work for the Titans to 1.3 Volt?

I haven't and can't (don't want to risk anything without any vrm heatsinks) test it for this right now.

Even in theory, i don't know. I thought these cards were supposed to be hard locked to 1.212V max.

I realy don't know and i won't until either i test it myself when the time comes or get feeback from other Titan users (even better if they confirm it using a DMM).

I've read a couple of things from 780 users but...

You can just call me "Freedom"...
post #13480 of 28167 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

I haven't and can't (don't want to risk anything without any vrm heatsinks) test it for this right now.

Even in theory, i don't know. I thought these cards were supposed to be hard locked to 1.212V max.

I realy don't know and i won't until either i test it myself when the time comes or get feeback from other Titan users (even better if they confirm it using a DMM).

I've read a couple of things from 780 users but...
Hehe ok. I asked because I have my card disassemble and ready for doing hard volt mod and then I read this rolleyes.gif
So maybe someone could test it out here. I don`t wanna put it together to just test it out when we where told that the 1.212V was max on the Titan without mod, hehe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in