[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club - Page 1381 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club

post #13801 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican Reaper View Post

Just downloaded nvidia inspector just to check what mem i had,must say i'm pretty please to say both my cards have samsung....thumb.gif

What's your GTX 780s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13802 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 98)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktar Ogar View Post

What's your GTX 780s?
Both are reference cards,one is a gainward and the other a galaxy....

Currently Playing...Titanfall...Watch Dogs...Skyrim...Murdered~Soul Suspect...DayZ...BF4...

Up Next...Enemy Front...Sniper Elite 3...Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor...The Division...The Crew...

''When you're drawing up your list of life's miracles,you might place near the top,the very first moment your baby smiled at you''
post #13803 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Did you try to reset the motherboard bios? in clear cmos button?

And the debug led what code does it show?

You could try to flash back the bios too: http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

The rIVe can be a weird board at times, I was benching mine about a year ago & when I went to restart, same issue, fans spin for a sec but no boot. Tested the cpu & everything with a different board, worked fine. Back in the rIVe, still no boot.
I thought the board was dead & left it sitting until I could get time to clean it up & RMA it, went to do that a few month ago & put in a cpu to try it first, fired right up & worked fine since. I didn't do anything besides leave it in the shelf, no idea what the actual issue was.
Can't hurt to try the cmos clear, or try a new bios in flashback if it lets you. But might not hurt to just walk away from it for a bit & try it again later. They can be like zombie boards & return from the dead with some time.

Quote:

Yeah! This ^ ^! Just unplug the PSU power leads from the motherboard and let her rest a bit! thumb.gif

Yes, I clear the Cmos by the rear button on I/O shield....no LED post , is like a short-circuit (only the buttons on the RIVE are on, BIOS led, etc, etc).

I am reading about many users with this problem and seems that it solved by itsel by a magician art... (strange CMOS battery, weather...). Is the first time that I have this problem and I´m very frustated.

The system are actually "Dead"...I´ll probe tomorrow if by "art of magic" power on.... If not I´ll RMAit / change the motherboard I don´t want a motherboard with this problems...NEVER!!!.

Have anyone if this strange problem are correct in newer batchs of RIVE?.

What motherboard should I choose over the RIVE?.

Thanks!!!.

THERMALTAKE LEVEL 10 GT BATTLE EDITION || MSI X79A-GD45 PLUS|| 3970X || 4X8GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST 1866 ||OCZ VERTEX 4 512GB || OCZ MKIII SILENCER 1200W PLATINUM] || redface.gif ????rolleyes.gif GTZ TITAN-Z rolleyes.gif???? redface.gif||HP ZR30W|| LOGITECH G13 ||CM QUICKFIRE RAPID RED || CM STORM RECON || X-FI HD USB || SENNHEISER HD 380PRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13804 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
Don't underestimate the power of magic. oneeyedsmiley02.png

post #13805 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:18 PM
What is old is new

Rep: 631 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba1977 View Post

Yes, I clear the Cmos by the rear button on I/O shield....no LED post , is like a short-circuit (only the buttons on the RIVE are on, BIOS led, etc, etc).

I am reading about many users with this problem and seems that it solved by itsel by a magician art... (strange CMOS battery, weather...). Is the first time that I have this problem and I´m very frustated.

The system are actually "Dead"...I´ll probe tomorrow if by "art of magic" power on.... If not I´ll RMAit / change the motherboard I don´t want a motherboard with this problems...NEVER!!!.

Have anyone if this strange problem are correct in newer batchs of RIVE?.

What motherboard should I choose over the RIVE?.

Thanks!!!.

Here are two threads related to your problem:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28038-Rampage-iv-Extreme-boot-problem

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?115-Rampage-Series-Motherboards

Well replacing the RIVE only with the new RIVE black coming next week? thumb.gif
post #13806 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenclas View Post

Thank you solaifein.

Which bios can i flash ?

What benefit can I get ?

Whoa, i'm not the right person to ask what to flash. Better take a look at front page and/or wait for someone more responsible to respond.

As for the gains its up to you to decide.
you won't get anything running in aircoolers those bioses in e.g. games because you don't wan't that torture in your card for an 5-7% extra performance. Then again if you have water in GPU maybe some gains can be good.
but if you are pleased to bench and find limits in your hardware, keep looking around, ppl here are good. smile.gif

@Jabba1977
Tough luck that RIVE ... seems quite dead. Did you pushed it hard or it was just luck?
As far as i know you ppl with RIVEs feel a kind of religious bond with your mobo's and SB-Es ... get the new "black" rive tongue.gif

post #13807 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican Reaper View Post

Just downloaded nvidia inspector just to check what mem i had,must say i'm pretty please to say both my cards have samsung....thumb.gif

Nice! Mine has Elpida memory so it doesn't clock too hotly, but I'm happy enough with 6500. My 680 with Samsung chips hit 7GHz quite easily with room to spare.

post #13808 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Do someone know how i can clock my 780 to be accepted in 3dmark 11? cause no matter if i do a +20 or +150MHZ clock, the gpu driver is going to crash.
Or is this more of a driver problem?

post #13809 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Not...all are ok.

The CPU was in a max voltage of [email protected] with offset , and Vtta / VTssa at aprox. 1.11, volts and temps are "OK".

Is from amazon.es and the RIVE black edition is "not listed"...I need an urgent replacement and I don´t want another RIVE. (I think we couldn´t admint this kind of problems in a high-end product that cost about 360€).

Wich motherboard should I choose?. I put my eyes on "MSI BIG BANG XPOWER II" -about same price-...what is our recomendation?.

Thanks!!!.

THERMALTAKE LEVEL 10 GT BATTLE EDITION || MSI X79A-GD45 PLUS|| 3970X || 4X8GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST 1866 ||OCZ VERTEX 4 512GB || OCZ MKIII SILENCER 1200W PLATINUM] || redface.gif ????rolleyes.gif GTZ TITAN-Z rolleyes.gif???? redface.gif||HP ZR30W|| LOGITECH G13 ||CM QUICKFIRE RAPID RED || CM STORM RECON || X-FI HD USB || SENNHEISER HD 380PRO
post #13810 of 24971 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 521 (Unique: 293)
Quote:

Here are two threads related to your problem:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28038-Rampage-iv-Extreme-boot-problem

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?115-Rampage-Series-Motherboards

Well replacing the RIVE only with the new RIVE black coming next week? thumb.gif

woah now. They only confirmed the 19th, it hasn't actually happened yet...

oct 29th, 31st, nov 5th, 12th, 15th, 19th... Taking bets on next date...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in