[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club - Page 2494 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club

post #24931 of 24976 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 02:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Nvidia black/grey screen, freeze, tdr, CUDA errors...
FIX with "Nvidia Inspector Profiles"
https://imgur.com/a/wM6xV

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Shutdown, disable, or uninstall MSI Afterburner or anything similar.
Download, install and open Nvidia Inspector
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
Click on "Profile Settings"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Click this little arrow to choose your profile.

Choose beetween games or apps etc...

You can write the firsts letters to find it faster.
Click on "Apply changes"
RIP Nvidia crashes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24932 of 24976 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello everyone! I'm new here.
I'm very happy to see a page dedicated only for GTX 780 owners!
I'm sure here I'll get some help!

I have a GTX 780 AMP! Edition by Zotac and I have a goal with it: Hit stable 1200 Mhz on it.
i've tried many times to reach 1200 Mhz, but I never make it stable, the max I got was 1137 Mhz stable (+ 15 mV.) (my current clock)

I also tried raising the voltage to +38 even +45mV. But it didn't get stable @ 1200 Mhz

I have a "low" ASIC, only 64% and I know it's hard to get a good OC with this ASIC, but it's not impossible.
I've heard a stuff named BIOS mod, where we could change the original BIOS and set a modded one, with higher clocks and voltages, I'd like to learn a lil' more about this, can you guys tell me?

Do you guys think it's possible to get 1200 Mhz on my card?
here's a picture of my girl.
post #24933 of 24976 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
So I'm probably either going to make a lot of people smile with hopeful anticipation or really irritated with me, I guess we'll just have to see how this goes...

The other day whilst scouring my facebook local marketplace I found a guy that was selling his GTX 780 for 35 bucks. I told him I had 25 at the moment, and asked if that was okay with him to which he agreed. Now, the disclaimer: I NEVER expected this GPU to work, since the pictures, well, they were a bit disconcerting. The graphics card was an ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 - It had ONE single blue fan (Yes, I said blue. This led me to believe at first that this was either a very poorly treated card, or a scam, but I had to take the chance for 25 bucks), and a missing fan shroud.

So off I went after we agreed to the price of $25 to go meet this mystery seller at his house (Starting to think less that it's a scam, and more along the lines that he probably just painted the fan.)

I get to his house, it's dark, so we just do a quick exchange, and chat a bit about computer modding and such, since I told him I'd be modding this card, and putting better cooling on it.He heads back inside, and I jump into my car and drive back home (about five minutes away.)
I get home and immediately start breaking the card down. Immediately I notice the sheer weight of this thing. Between the steel, reinforcement stabilizing bracket, and the steel backplate this card is HEAVY AS HELL, and I LOVE IT!

I take off the fan, and sure enough, it's been painted blue (Who would DO such a thing?)

I go into my drawer-o-fans, and grab a Cooler Master 120mm [email protected] h2o, and a Rosewill 120mm 72CFM 2.9mm/h2o fan, (the only two spares on which I had already cut wires) and at first, I attempt splicing them together, and running them off the fan controller on the card (Yeah, didn't really expect that to work either, but it was worth a shot) but to no avail. So I splice them into a single 3pin fan connector head, and get back to work (I Have the MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard in this particular rig, so there's a fan header like RIGHT above the PCIex16 slot that I can use SpeedFan to regulate temperatures with.

I re-paste the card with Arctic's MX-4 Paste, reassemble it, and voila..uhh...I have an extra screw. I tear it back down, and re-reassemble it, realizing my mistake, and get all the screws in the right spot, and plug it in, and fire it up...

BLACK SCREEN

Crap, knew it, well, wait, let me see something here (sets Dell S2740 Monitor as HDMI instead of DVI - R9 270x didn't have DVI)
Power up the rig, and BAM! MSI Startup Logo (excitement building **** IT WORKS! - Now will it crash once the driver loads?)

Fast forward a bit, I get it loaded into the O.S. Removed the drivers for AMD (AFTER ensuring the Nvidia ones didn't kill the card) and currently have the fan speed set to 50% at all times.
I research the typical run temps, and max safe temps for the card, and program SpeedFan to control my System 1 Fan (the two fans I have on the GPU) to certain temp curves.

The mod is "complete." Now it's time to load up GPU-Z and check out the ASIC sco...HOLY *****
The ASIC on this card was 74.3% - That's VERY Unexpected for a $25 card!

Okay, Drac...calm down...breathe, you've got this. It's time to see what this baby can do.
After SEVERAL hours of overclocking, changing settings for power draw, undervolting, overvolting, etc. I've come to the maximum that this card can handle WITHOUT a bios mod.

The Result: A whopping 42% overclock ON AIR COOLING WITH THE STOCK HEATSINK! AND I NEVER GO OVER 65C!!!!!

Validation:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/gezvq

Now, I HAVE gotten higher clocks on the core with lesser on the memory; but the result on that is slight instability (my PSU atm is only a Cougar A760) as well as lower scores, so I'm not even going to bother validating that one.

I have tidied up the system a bit, and sleeved the red, and black case wires for the power, reset, etc. so here's a picture of the entire rig as it sits right now:

1080p Benchmark result fully maxed in Valley @ 1345.6 Core/ 3505.6 Mem

My Rigs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24934 of 24976 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 03:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Why does the skyn3t bios links not work? :O

post #24935 of 24976 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 09:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
is there anywhere i can download skyn3ts custom bios, elsewhere when they currently not are working on the site?

post #24936 of 24976 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 12:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #24937 of 24976 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 08:54 PM
voltage controller daemon

Rep: 294 (Unique: 196)
has anyone here tried 4k with no AA

"To be an expert is to know more and more about less and less." Albert Einstein

Club List (Click to show)Proper Thread Etiquette! (Click to show)
People when you come to a thread asking for help you should follow these steps in this order:
1. Know exactly what you looking for as this helps us help you.
2. Check the first page to see necessary steps and requirements and even rules/guidelines if there are any.
3. Read the last 5-10 pages of a thread to check for mistakes that others have made so that you will know what mistakes not to make.
post #24938 of 24976 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 20)
Whats the max refresh rate for the 780? 240hz?

post #24939 of 24976 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Hey guys n gals. I was able to flash my Zotac GTX 780 AMP with skynet bios and bump it up to 1324mhz core and 6900mhz memory clocks with 150% power target and 1.212 volts. So far its been stable in rog real bench, unique valley (90 fps avg. @ 75 C top temp.), userbenchmarks, and sisoftware sandra. I was just curious of this high of core clock is typical or heard of, seems pretty high to me. It might be my now stable overclock on my system in my sig. Being able to help deliver the higher speeds. Just looking for some thoughts. Havent tried it in a game yet, still benchmarking/stress testing system since my 4.4ghz overclock on cpu. Thanks.

OS:-Win10 Case:Thermaltake V21 P/S:Corsair RM650x MB: ASrock 970m Pro3
Fans: 200mm(x1)(Front Intake),120mm(x3)(2 top Intake/1 Rear Exhaust-Silent X), 120(x2)(Intake-Rad.)80mm(x1) VRM Fan, 60mm(x1) NB Fan
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (Vishera) 3.5ghz stock (OC 4.4ghz-Stable) w/CORSAIR H105 Liquid Cool
RAM:Corsair Ballistix 1600mhz (OC-1760)
GPU- Zotac GTX780 AMP 3GB 384bit GDDR5 (Skynet Bios OC-1324mhz 6900mhz)
HDD- 500GB Mushkin SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue
post #24940 of 24976 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Optics Fiend

Rep: 81 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by OGCommodore64 View Post
Hey guys n gals. I was able to flash my Zotac GTX 780 AMP with skynet bios and bump it up to 1324mhz core and 6900mhz memory clocks with 150% power target and 1.212 volts. So far its been stable in rog real bench, unique valley (90 fps avg. @ 75 C top temp.), userbenchmarks, and sisoftware sandra. I was just curious of this high of core clock is typical or heard of, seems pretty high to me. It might be my now stable overclock on my system in my sig. Being able to help deliver the higher speeds. Just looking for some thoughts. Havent tried it in a game yet, still benchmarking/stress testing system since my 4.4ghz overclock on cpu. Thanks.
That's pretty high for anything outside the HOF, lightening, or Classified. Congrats. I have two Classifieds and have had trouble getting them to both run at 1200 on the core. I actually had to reflash bios trying to do so due to corruption. I'm fairly sure the 850w psu isn't cutting it, plan to drain and put my 1250 in it soon. I run one most of the time at 1215/6200. Least that or i'm just unlucky with 780 classifieds. Which from my understanding were hitting 1300+ fairly easy. Temps never break 45C either. Though 6x fans, a pump, 3770k @ 4.5ghz, i think i'm approaching the envelope of the PSU, that or it's just old and dying.

Green Envy
(12 items)
Purple Haze
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
RAM
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w M12II
Cooling
Cooler Master Glacer 240L
Case
Phantek Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium
Monitor
Asus VG248QE
Keyboard
Logitech G15
CPU
Ryzen R5 1600x
Motherboard
Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX
GPU
Diamond 7970
RAM
G Skill DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Cooler Master Glacer 240L
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth
Cooling
EK-FC7970 CSQ
Cooling
Mayhems X1 UV Purple
Case
Fractal Design Define S Nano
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in