[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club - Page 777 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club

post #7761 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 AM
Pro amateur newbie

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Yep. So remember what ever voltage you apply via the classified tool, it will remain that even if you close the tool down. So always shutdown and boot back up when you want your 2d/3d clocks to work correctly.

Alright, thanks. Any general pointers on how I best should proceed with the sliders? Is there anywhere where I could read a bit more with what each slider does?

..:: trickeh2k ::..Windows 10 Pro - i7 8700k (delid) @ 5,1Ghz - ASUS Prime Z370-A - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 CL14 3000Mhz - Corsair AX860i - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hydrocopper - Acer Predator XB271HU - ASUS VG248QE - QPAD MK-85 (MX-Brown)/SteelSeries Sensei RAW Rubberized - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 860 500GB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 3TB Seagate Barracuda - ASUS Xonar DX - ASUS Strix 7.1 Gaming Headset - Corsair 750D - Custom water loop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7762 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I know this is not exactly directly related to the thread topic, but it is, to some extent, related to the GTX 780. I am experiencing issues with my everything right now and I have no clue where to start.
This is what happens if I turn off my computer and turn it back on: BIOS Logo/prompt thing. Windows loading sign. Black screen. Monitor shuts down. All fans powered on (GPU and CPU cooler).

I have found, through trial and error, that mashing num lock as fast asa possible while the windows loading sign is on screen somehow glitches me into windows and doesn't let the display/peripherals shut off. After that, I'm in. Until next time I have to turn it on.

If I put my PC into sleep mode, I have no problems booting up. I have installed the most recent drivers for my 780 (GTX 780 HOF). I tried to update my BIOS but my motherboard (Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe) won't allow it. I plug in the USB with the properly renamed BIOS .CAP file into the BIOS flashback USB port and load up the BIOS. I go into EZ Flash 2 and select the file. It seems to be loading something and my mouse lags for a couple of seconds, then I get a notice; "Security Verification Failled." I think this is the root of all my problems, the BIOS. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. Again sorry for the off-topic post, but I needed this to be seen somewhere and I am not exactly sure it is a motherboard problem.

Edit: Everything is stable. I get no crashes and my 780 performs perfectly in every game I throw at it. The only indicator that something is wrong is on startup.

Edit 2: My BIOS file downloads to the USB as a .CAP file. Is this a problem? Isn't it supposed to be a .ROM

Edit 3: Before my 780 HOF, I had been running the system with the integrated graphics (HD 4000) since January. This seems to suggest that an incompatibility with the motherboard and gpu is causing the problem.

Signature text with words and stuff
post #7763 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 551 (Unique: 312)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

What did I miss 1.3v now ? how ?

On titans, but still!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterNoob View Post

I know this is not exactly directly related to the thread topic, but it is, to some extent, related to the GTX 780. I am experiencing issues with my everything right now and I have no clue where to start.
This is what happens if I turn off my computer and turn it back on: BIOS Logo/prompt thing. Windows loading sign. Black screen. Monitor shuts down. All fans powered on (GPU and CPU cooler).

I have found, through trial and error, that mashing num lock as fast asa possible while the windows loading sign is on screen somehow glitches me into windows and doesn't let the display/peripherals shut off. After that, I'm in. Until next time I have to turn it on.

If I put my PC into sleep mode, I have no problems booting up. I have installed the most recent drivers for my 780 (GTX 780 HOF). I tried to update my BIOS but my motherboard (Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe) won't allow it. I plug in the USB with the properly renamed BIOS .CAP file into the BIOS flashback USB port and load up the BIOS. I go into EZ Flash 2 and select the file. It seems to be loading something and my mouse lags for a couple of seconds, then I get a notice; "Security Verification Failled." I think this is the root of all my problems, the BIOS. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. Again sorry for the off-topic post, but I needed this to be seen somewhere and I am not exactly sure it is a motherboard problem.

Edit: Everything is stable. I get no crashes and my 780 performs perfectly in every game I throw at it. The only indicator that something is wrong is on startup.

I would try re-installing your windows backup image, or a full blown re-format.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7764 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 695 (Unique: 426)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickeh2k View Post

Alright, thanks. Any general pointers on how I best should proceed with the sliders? Is there anywhere where I could read a bit more with what each slider does?

Other then user experience in the Classified owners thread, I have no idea. Personally I just played around with it until I figured it out. Unlike the Titan and other 780s, the Classifieds are built like tanks. Unless you let the temperature go crazy, you can safely give these cards extra juice until you find the sweet spot. As far as the sliders, the NVVDD is core, FBVDD is memory and PEXVDD is PCI-E voltage. thumb.gif

I have a big bang house. I had all the materials for my new house brought in and dumped on a vacant lot. I took a stick of dynamite, lit the fuse on fire and tossed it into the pile of materials. BOOM went the explosion and when the dust settled I had a new house! Amazing isn't it?
Super P's Rig
(21 items)
Noahman
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON
GPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070S
RAM
XPG Spectrix D41 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD SBX
Hard Drive
WD Black 500GB NVMe
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2
Cooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-AM
Cooling
Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir
Cooling
XSPC EX280 Radiator
Cooling
TC-A - CPU Liquid Cooling Pump
Cooling
XSPC EX360 Radiator
Case
Phanteks Pro M TG
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
MSI Optix AG32CQ
Keyboard
G710+
Mouse
G305
Mousepad
Vipamz Extended XXXL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439
Audio
Asus U7
CPU
5960X
Motherboard
Asus X99
GPU
MSI R9 380 Gaming
RAM
V-Color Skywalker 16GB 2666MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston SSDNOW V300
Power Supply
EVGA 500 W1
Cooling
CoolerMaster 120MM AIO
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #7765 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Pro amateur newbie

Quote:

Other then user experience in the Classified owners thread, I have no idea. Personally I just played around with it until I figured it out. Unlike the Titan and other 780s, the Classifieds are built like tanks. Unless you let the temperature go crazy, you can safely give these cards extra juice until you find the sweet spot. As far as the sliders, the NVVDD is core, FBVDD is memory and PEXVDD is PCI-E voltage. thumb.gif

Hmm, this gives me an idea of what I'm overvolting... but I have no clue of what they should be set at still, lol.

..:: trickeh2k ::..Windows 10 Pro - i7 8700k (delid) @ 5,1Ghz - ASUS Prime Z370-A - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 CL14 3000Mhz - Corsair AX860i - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hydrocopper - Acer Predator XB271HU - ASUS VG248QE - QPAD MK-85 (MX-Brown)/SteelSeries Sensei RAW Rubberized - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 860 500GB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 3TB Seagate Barracuda - ASUS Xonar DX - ASUS Strix 7.1 Gaming Headset - Corsair 750D - Custom water loop
post #7766 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

On titans, but still!

Wouldn't a problem with windows be evident elsewhere? Also I was told by someone having the same issue to update my BIOS, apparently it fixed it for him. Only problem is Asus' terrible EZ Flash 2 isn't working for me (security verification failed).

Signature text with words and stuff
post #7767 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Not new to Overclock.net

Rep: 164 (Unique: 137)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

On titans, but still!
?

post #7768 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Hmm, this gives me an idea of what I'm overvolting... but I have no clue of what they should be set at still, lol.

Well, you know that 1.212 on the Core is the max Precision will allow you to set, so I started there and worked my way up. Then when I found my max core, I started tweaking the memory voltage. 1.6v for memory is default so leave it there and see how high you can go. Then start slowly bumping each voltage testing each setting independently. Your temps (on air) will start becoming an issue before you run out of core overclock (did for me anyway). I have no idea what the PCI-E voltage helps with because adjusting it never helped me achieve any better overclock.

Just an FYI, I have the Elpida memory on my classy, so 1.6v on the memory was where I got my best overclock. When I started adding voltage, the memory got hot faster and I started seeing artifacts rather quickly. But your mileage will vary on memory.

I have a big bang house. I had all the materials for my new house brought in and dumped on a vacant lot. I took a stick of dynamite, lit the fuse on fire and tossed it into the pile of materials. BOOM went the explosion and when the dust settled I had a new house! Amazing isn't it?
Super P's Rig
(21 items)
Noahman
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070S
RAM
XPG Spectrix D41 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD SBX
Hard Drive
WD Black 500GB NVMe
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2
Cooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-AM
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC EX280 Radiator
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC EX360 Radiator
Case
Phanteks Pro M TG
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
MSI Optix AG32CQ
Keyboard
G710+
Mouse
G305
Mousepad
Vipamz Extended XXXL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439
Audio
Asus U7
CPU
5960X
Motherboard
Asus X99
GPU
MSI R9 380 Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Kingston SSDNOW V300
Power Supply
EVGA 500 W1
Cooling
CoolerMaster 120MM AIO
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #7769 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Pro amateur newbie

Quote:

Well, you know that 1.212 on the Core is the max Precision will allow you to set, so I started there and worked my way up. Then when I found my max core, I started tweaking the memory voltage. 1.6v for memory is default so leave it there and see how high you can go. Then start slowly bumping each voltage testing each setting independently. Your temps (on air) will start becoming an issue before you run out of core overclock (did for me anyway). I have no idea what the PCI-E voltage helps with because adjusting it never helped me achieve any better overclock.

Just an FYI, I have the Elpida memory on my classy, so 1.6v on the memory was where I got my best overclock. When I started adding voltage, the memory got hot faster and I started seeing artifacts rather quickly. But your mileage will vary on memory.

Alright, huge thanks smile.gif I'm assuming I have the same memory (03G-P4-3788-KR). Hoping I will get some better results smile.gif

post #7770 of 24974 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Alright, huge thanks smile.gif I'm assuming I have the same memory (03G-P4-3788-KR). Hoping I will get some better results smile.gif

Someone stated that they had a newer revision Classified and that they confirmed it to have Samsung memory. So you never know. thumb.gif

Super P's Rig
(21 items)
Noahman
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070S
RAM
XPG Spectrix D41 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD SBX
Hard Drive
WD Black 500GB NVMe
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2
Cooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-AM
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC EX280 Radiator
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC EX360 Radiator
Case
Phanteks Pro M TG
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
MSI Optix AG32CQ
Keyboard
G710+
Mouse
G305
Mousepad
Vipamz Extended XXXL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439
Audio
Asus U7
CPU
5960X
Motherboard
Asus X99
GPU
MSI R9 380 Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Kingston SSDNOW V300
Power Supply
EVGA 500 W1
Cooling
CoolerMaster 120MM AIO
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in