[OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 9160 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,599
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbacio View Post

i had a 660 ti....all im gonna say is DO IT! and get the Windforce from Gigabyte! super silent!

I've had this 660 Ti for 2 weeks and its been a good card, its the FTW Sig 2. For $100 more, I think getting a card that can last me 2 years is probably the better move instead of spending another $200-$300 next year to upgrade yet again.

I'm thinking of going with EVGA, I have always loved their products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130919

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungbenny911 View Post

sorry i was a typo, lol, i meant 600 watts....

No problem at all, thanks.
CaptainZombie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Yungbenny911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 3,673
Rep: 240 (Unique: 155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I've had this 660 Ti for 2 weeks and its been a good card, its the FTW Sig 2. For $100 more, I think getting a card that can last me 2 years is probably the better move instead of spending another $200-$300 next year to upgrade yet again.

I'm thinking of going with EVGA, I have always loved their products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130919

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
No problem at all, thanks.

Just get the regular Evga 770, you can overclock it just as good as you will overclock the SC version. Same with MSI and other brands. The 770 GPU on the MSI lightening is the same as the 770 GPU on the G series. Only difference is that the Lightening comes with a few perks which would also be available on the G-series, if flashed with a modded BIOS. wink.gif


BTW: Does anyone know if this ram-sinks will be useful to the 770? I originally bought it for my 660's but i decided to upgrade to the 770's.

Yungbenny911 is offline  
post #23 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Thoth420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 3,567
Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
About to be the proud owner of one of these. EVGA ACX non SC.

Thoth420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gerbacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 733
Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
Well i formattedt he computer and did a clean install...changed PCI lanes......im done trying stuff! seems to work perfect on games but on Valley on win 8 it dosnt! i am going to wait for someone to post their scores on win 8 and if nothing happens ill return it next week and get a different card frown.gif

Gerbacio is offline  
post #25 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,836
Rep: 848 (Unique: 620)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbacio View Post

Well i formattedt he computer and did a clean install...changed PCI lanes......im done trying stuff! seems to work perfect on games but on Valley on win 8 it dosnt! i am going to wait for someone to post their scores on win 8 and if nothing happens ill return it next week and get a different card frown.gif

just 'cause of Valley? how often do you play that game? oh, it is not a game.

seriously, what are you going to replace it with?
rdr09 is offline  
post #26 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gerbacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 733
Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

just 'cause of Valley? how often do you play that game? oh, it is not a game.

seriously, what are you going to replace it with?


huh? your post made it sound like you have a attitude

i must rephrase "SEEMS FINE ON GAMES" but who knows ....how do i know that frames are not dropping or are at the range they should be


we are talking about $400 that on my economical situation is a sacrifice atm! i will replace it with a similar card if possible!

benchmarks serve a purpose aside from numbers...they represent a potential problem or a malfunction on a hardware/software level!

Heaven is scoring a nice 700! insanely low!

PC mark put me around 660ti performance!



i pay 400$ for a 770 i expect a 770 with 770 performance ....not a "It will do" we are talking about $400 and a NEW videocard not a craiglist ad for $50

Gerbacio is offline  
post #27 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Thoth420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 3,567
Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
Your PSU:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

This is from the EVGA cards recommended PSU(couldn't find Gigabyte but its not MSI so figure same):
600 watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 42 amps on the +12 volt rail.

I have no idea what the v1 v2 v3 or v4 and afaik 600w PSU should be fine for the 770.
Just trying to help.

Thoth420 is offline  
post #28 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gerbacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 733
Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth420 View Post

Which brand etc. did you go with?

Gigabyte! i just did some close quarters on BF3 and it was around 100fps avg ...went 32-10! downloaded a different version of PC mark and it put me above 680 slightly below 780!


so heaven and Valley are the two not functioning atm! might give it a few days and see what other 770 owners with Win 8 experience!

my ASIC is 82 and the card boost takes me above 1300 and 8k memory....its not throttling ....crap it isnt even hitting 70 degrees under load!

Gerbacio is offline  
post #29 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Thoth420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 3,567
Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
Ya I just re-read the thread check my last post I edited it.

Stuck on Win 7 64 and I love it. So as far as Win 8 goes I can't help.

Thoth420 is offline  
post #30 of 9160 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gerbacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 733
Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth420 View Post

Your PSU:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

This is from the EVGA cards recommended PSU(couldn't find Gigabyte but its not MSI so figure same):
600 watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 42 amps on the +12 volt rail.

I have no idea what the v1 v2 v3 or v4 and afaik 600w PSU should be fine for the 770.
Just trying to help.

rocking a Antec High Current Pro 750 gold!



did a windowed heaved to check frametimes and im no expert but isnt it supposed to be even? not all over the place?

can you or someone with a 770 do the same so we can see how it would look for you?

Gerbacio is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off