[OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club - Page 914 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club

post #9131 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Like a fox!

Rep: 77 (Unique: 58)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoti1 View Post

Some people here have my Card , and Overclocked it to 1350 and 1400Mhz. But they sold thier Cards I Guess or don't want to help me.

And yours doesn't overclock that far? Are those people even on overclock.net? How far do you get with yours? Also.. I'm not sure if you're aware but not every card will overclock the same. It's known as "The silicon Lotto" or used to be.. (chips don't use silicon anymore). But basically just because you have the same model card they do, does -NOT- mean that yours will overclock to 1400 mhz just because it's a Gigabyte 770 windforce. They may have been extremely lucky and had "golden sample" cards.

Someone could take 500 "identical" looking Gigabyte 770 windforce cards and maybe only 5 out of 500 would hit 1400 mhz for example. Nothing is guaranteed with overclocking. It's just if we get lucky or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9132 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Like a fox!

Quote:

Some people here have my Card , and Overclocked it to 1350 and 1400Mhz. But they sold thier Cards I Guess or don't want to help me.

I went digging through the past in this thread and found something for you. Short of it is like I said, djthrottleboi himself (one of the geniuses on nvidia bios's here on OCN) a few years ago confirmed it (for someone else posting with a Gigabyte 770 2GB windforce OC card) that the bios for these cards -CAN NOT- be set to anything above 1.212v, see here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club/7930#post_23210251 However a little further in the thread, djthrottleboi posted a modified bios for the user (user with a Gigabyte 770 2GB windforce OC card) that increased power limits as much as possible and some other mods. A link to the post with that bios is here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club/7950#post_23215808 I would probably suggest trying to download this and flash it to your card, and then try to overclock further.

Information on how to flash nvidia cards can be found here with pictures and a walkthrough: https://www.overclock.net/t/1523391/easy-nvflash-guide-with-pictures-for-gtx-970-980 I know it's for nvidia 900 series but the process is the same for 700 series, just get latest nvflash and follow.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility to any possible or potential damages that may occur to your card during flashing. You -MUST- be prepared that the flash may possibly not work and you may need either another computer, or another video card, or using onboard video on your computer in order to re-flash original bios. As always, flashing any other bios to your video card other than what it came with runs the risk of potentially causing irreparable damage to it. This risk is yours and you must understand this when you attempt it. No one is responsible for bricking your card except you if you try it and something goes wrong. Remember to use: "nvflash --save file.rom" and backup your current bios on your card -FIRST-.

This bios from djthrottleboi is going to be your best bet at overclocking this card. What ever overclocks you get after this would be the best you're ever going to get.
post #9133 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kithylin View Post

I went digging through the past in this thread and found something for you. Short of it is like I said, djthrottleboi himself (one of the geniuses on nvidia bios's here on OCN) a few years ago confirmed it (for someone else posting with a Gigabyte 770 2GB windforce OC card) that the bios for these cards -CAN NOT- be set to anything above 1.212v, see here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club/7930#post_23210251 However a little further in the thread, djthrottleboi posted a modified bios for the user (user with a Gigabyte 770 2GB windforce OC card) that increased power limits as much as possible and some other mods. A link to the post with that bios is here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club/7950#post_23215808 I would probably suggest trying to download this and flash it to your card, and then try to overclock further.

Information on how to flash nvidia cards can be found here with pictures and a walkthrough: https://www.overclock.net/t/1523391/easy-nvflash-guide-with-pictures-for-gtx-970-980 I know it's for nvidia 900 series but the process is the same for 700 series, just get latest nvflash and follow.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility to any possible or potential damages that may occur to your card during flashing. You -MUST- be prepared that the flash may possibly not work and you may need either another computer, or another video card, or using onboard video on your computer in order to re-flash original bios. As always, flashing any other bios to your video card other than what it came with runs the risk of potentially causing irreparable damage to it. This risk is yours and you must understand this when you attempt it. No one is responsible for bricking your card except you if you try it and something goes wrong. Remember to use: "nvflash --save file.rom" and backup your current bios on your card -FIRST-.

This bios from djthrottleboi is going to be your best bet at overclocking this card. What ever overclocks you get after this would be the best you're ever going to get.

I Flashed this mod . for the first time My Voltage Stucks At 1.15000 Underload But AfterBurner Show +100 Option To Increase Voltage, Whatever The Num i Choose The Voltage Stays 1.15000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9134 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Like a fox!

Quote:

I Flashed this mod . for the first time My Voltage Stucks At 1.15000 Underload But AfterBurner Show +100 Option To Increase Voltage, Whatever The Num i Choose The Voltage Stays 1.15000

I don't know what else to say then. Try going back to your original then.
post #9135 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Can I Contact That Bios Genius Man ? @djthrottleboi ?
To hELP Me ?? Bcuz I Think He Can Help ME
post #9136 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

He is the only one that made AB Core Voltage Moves From +12 To +100 So Maybe He Knows Something.
post #9137 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Like a fox!

Quote:

He is the only one that made AB Core Voltage Moves From +12 To +100 So Maybe He Knows Something.

He's sort of.. incarcerated.. for the past 2 years.. at least that's the last I heard of him 2 years ago on steam. no idea where he is now.

In general the 770's aren't that amazing, even if you got it overclocked to 1400 mhz it wouldn't even match a GTX 970 in performance, and you're limited to 2GB on it and can't even play today's modern games due to vram.

Not a whole lot of point in putting very much effort into it today.
post #9138 of 9160 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 03:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 61)
Quote:

He's sort of.. incarcerated.. for the past 2 years.. at least that's the last I heard of him 2 years ago on steam. no idea where he is now.

In general the 770's aren't that amazing, even if you got it overclocked to 1400 mhz it wouldn't even match a GTX 970 in performance, and you're limited to 2GB on it and can't even play today's modern games due to vram.

Not a whole lot of point in putting very much effort into it today.

I would agree but sometimes I forget there are some less privileged people That earn less than $5 USD a day...........could be worth some peoples time

LG 38UC99-Asus Apex X [email protected] 5.4Ghz-2AVX-Asus 1080Ti Strix+Asus GTX770-16Gb RGB G-Skill 3200Mhz-256Mb 960evo OS-1Tb 860evo Programs-Corsair RM1000i-1.5+2+4Tb HDD- Custom Water loop
post #9139 of 9160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

can i run those bios on gtx 770sc acx
post #9140 of 9160 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Does anyone know where the BIOS files for the reference model are? On the first page of this thread it seems to all be ASUS GIGABYTE etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in