[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 336 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club

post #3351 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 02:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
If I put 1st 780 classified in pcie 8x slot and 2nd 780 classified pcie 4x slot. Will I get much of a performance hit/bandwidth bottle neck.

I have a maximus vi formula
And I will be running both cards on air so would like to space them if possible

Thanks

16gb 2400 ram
Benq 120hz monitor

Ps, can not wait till v-sync monitors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3352 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 02:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 242 (Unique: 182)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duppex View Post

If I put 1st 780 classified in pcie 8x slot and 2nd 780 classified pcie 4x slot. Will I get much of a performance hit/bandwidth bottle neck.

I have a maximus vi formula
And I will be running both cards on air so would like to space them if possible

Thanks

16gb 2400 ram
Benq 120hz monitor

Ps, can not wait till v-sync monitors

You can't run sli with an x4 slot. You'll have to use the top and middle slot for x8x8.
post #3353 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 02:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSmooth View Post

I agree it would be nice if we didn't have to set voltages every time we reboot our machines. Anyone have a fix for the voltage tool yet? Well I hope that someone can post a solution, that would be really nice : ). Anyways I ordered another 780 classy for sli at $579 "a steal" cant wait. The one I have is #70 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1034367 on firestrike scores hall of fame, the newest drivers hosed me a bit I now only can get 10900. If you guys could also post some results that would be nice. I used a +178gpu and +420mem oc to reach that feat at 1.81v.

Nice score! thumb.gif

I was comparing it with mine: http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/1069428/fs/1034367

Graphics scores are close, but your physics score destroys mine. Strange thing, look at the combined scores...

I was running 1254/1850 (stock vBios, at 1.2v I believe) with 331.65 drivers (last WHQL).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3354 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

You can't run sli with an x4 slot. You'll have to use the top and middle slot for x8x8.

Thanks for the reply
I am starting to regret buying the maximus vi formula.

One last question
If you run 2 of these cards side by side, pcie slot 1 and 2 (tight fit). Will I damage the top card due to heating/lack of air flow.

Seems that I may have to save up for 2 ek water blocks, my pockets are already in enough pian.
post #3355 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 AM
No Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 17 (Unique: 12)
Quote:

Thanks for the reply

One last question
If you run 2 of these cards side by side, pcie slot 1 and 2 (tight fit). Will I damage the top card due to heating/lack of air flow.

Seems that I may have to save up for 2 ek water blocks, my pockets are already in enough pian.

You won't damage the card in any way, but Classies in SLI on air gets hot. They blow the air mostly out to the side of the card, but the top card will suck in heat from the bottom card. My top card was about 10c hotter than the bottom when I ran on air.
post #3356 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 242 (Unique: 182)
Quote:

Thanks for the reply

One last question

Formula is a very good board, don't regret it! I own the hero.

I understand your concern, these GPUs can really take some heat when you are pushing for max clocks, but for a mild OC it'll do just fine. Make sure you have some good case airflow, though. That's should be your biggest concern right now.

I pushed up to 1201 with +500 on the memory game stable when I maxed out all fans and took my side panel off. Max temos were 75C. For benching, I could hit 1293 +600 on the memory. Both of these at 1.21v.
Unless you want to run a crazy fan set up like the delta finger loppers, I would suggest staying under 1.21v until you can watercool.
post #3357 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraN1 View Post

You won't damage the card in any way, but Classies in SLI on air gets hot. They blow the air mostly out to the side of the card, but the top card will suck in heat from the bottom card. My top card was about 10c hotter than the bottom when I ran on air.

Very helpful thanks

Do you think a single 120mm rad, 60mm thickness, would cool both cards ok?.

I already have a dual 180mm rad cooling the cpu at the mo.

Silverstone FT02
post #3358 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Formula is a very good board, don't regret it! I own the hero.

I understand your concern, these GPUs can really take some heat when you are pushing for max clocks, but for a mild OC it'll do just fine. Make sure you have some good case airflow, though. That's should be your biggest concern right now.

I pushed up to 1201 with +500 on the memory game stable when I maxed out all fans and took my side panel off. Max temos were 75C. For benching, I could hit 1293 +600 on the memory. Both of these at 1.21v.
Unless you want to run a crazy fan set up like the delta finger loppers, I would suggest staying under 1.21v until you can watercool.

Thanks for the advice =)
post #3359 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
Why you guys never reported it to me. It only come out from the dark today. None of you cannot go to 1.212v without the OV toll? The 1.212v should be free without the OV tool.

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
post #3360 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer344 View Post

Is there no way to make it load up the settings on start up automatically? It gets tiresome to do it each time manually lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSmooth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer344 View Post

Is there no way to make it load up the settings on start up automatically? It gets tiresome to do it each time manually lol....

I agree it would be nice if we didn't have to set voltages every time we reboot our machines. Anyone have a fix for the voltage tool yet? Well I hope that someone can post a solution, that would be really nice : ). Anyways I ordered another 780 classy for sli at $579 "a steal" cant wait. The one I have is #70 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1034367 on firestrike scores hall of fame, the newest drivers hosed me a bit I now only can get 10900. If you guys could also post some results that would be nice. I used a +178gpu and +420mem oc to reach that feat at 1.81v.

In the 600 series and earlier, we always had BIOS edit tools for end users. Once you do your benching, testing, and are dead set on a specific voltage you want at all times, you would jump into the BIOS Editor tool and set the P4 or P5 state voltage to exactly what you want. Save the BIOS file, flash it, and done - you'll be at that voltage whenever the card goes into it's highest power state. Then, all you do is set your Precision or AB tool to whatever freq you wanted on startup.

We don't have such a tool for the 700 series though... frown.gif The Kelper BIOS Editor comes close and reads some values in my 780 classy; but, other things have changed - and the authors are no where to be heard from.

I've attempted to decompile the Kelper BIOS Editor (.NET C#), but it looks like it was obfuscated to prevent doing just that. Doh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in